-- Mark Twain
Old 03-19-2013, 10:38 PM

Yes Jesse Come On!!!!! Xd
Old 03-19-2013, 10:39 PM

Seems like Jesse is not on.
Old 03-20-2013, 04:31 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

You guys should have more patience. D:
We can start now. More people can join as we go along.
Old 03-20-2013, 08:46 PM

Who wants to carry this honor?
Old 03-20-2013, 08:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
Who wants to carry this honor?
I shall join, and, Sagar, I suggest you start.

-relatable post #234
Old 03-20-2013, 09:03 PM

*Meep. Well, I had an idea, so I'll start. So sue me.*

The harsh cough that broke from the teacher's throat startled the class. Her voice cracked dangerously as she continued her sentence. "...who one of the leaders during this World War? Ms. Camden?"

"Ulysseys S. Grant, Mrs. Mason."

"Very good. Mr. Rainen-" another cough interuppted the elderly woman. Bent over her desk, she grasped for something to hold. Her throat convulsed, and she fell to the floor. Teak rushed over to check her pulse.

"She's alive, thank god." A collective sigh echoed through the classroom. Whispers began circling around the room.

"Did you see-"

"She just collapsed-"

"Will she live-"
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 03-20-2013, 09:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Two years after the world has been plagued by a rapidly spreading disease, the streets of New York City are veined with cracks, empty, an eerie ghost town. The few who remain are inside, paralyzed with fear.

But the day the epidemic starts, we are in the local high school. It doesn't matter what grade you make your character in, so long as it between grades nine and twelve. Soon, after a few days of students going home sick, word gets around... and we filter out the school building precipitately. There are things we now regret. Trading sandwiches at lunch. Holding hands. Borrowing a classmate's pencil.

Riding the bus is not advisable. We make it to our homes. Or maybe some of us don't.

This NES is basically about how we try to escape from New York City, and try to keep calm, and survive.

Rules:
- Your character can die in the NES. Once he/she has, you can make a new character with a new backstory using the form.
- This does not have to stay in New York City. I mean, we would probably try to get somewhere less populated, right?
- The NES starts in the classroom.
- Don't control other people's characters without their permission.
- Up to three characters per person.

The form:
Name:
Appearance:
Personality:
Backround:
Friends/Family:
Strength:
Weaknesses:
Fear:

Name: Blake Foster
Appearance: Shaggy dirty blonde hair, average height, thin, hooked nose.
Personality: Shy and serious, funny around friends. Protective of younger sister Ria.
Background: Mother died when she crashed in a car. Father has a short temper, and is still swimming in grief of the incident that happened six years earlier. He gets sick with the plague on the day the plague hits, and is sent home early.
Friends/Family: Peppy girlfriend Cleo, who meets him after school seeing that he is sick. Younger sister Ria. Mother's dead. Father alive. Has a lazy beagle.
Strength: Knowing how to calm sister. Doesn't get sick easily.
Weakness: Giving advice. Doesn't show it, but he can be scared easily.
Fear: His sister getting sick.
Name: Dania Charess
Appearance: Average height, long, flowing crimson hair, bright green eyes, thin.
Personality: Shy, nice, intelligent, bookworm, not shy around friends, generally calm and composed.
Background: Both parents doctors, generally nice people. Mother gets sick a few days after plague, just before death passes it to Dania's younger brother, Tommy.
Friends/Family: Mother and Father, both doctors, younger brother, Tommy, best friend, who is also shy, best friends since kindergarten, and boyfriend, 16, Sean.
Strength: Though shy, quick in thinking, giving advice, and extremely smart.
Weakness: Easily intimidated by bullies and such, gets stressed easily, which causes her to have trouble thinking.
Fear: Everyone she cares about getting Plague.

-relatable post #234
Old 03-20-2013, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph-soph27 View Post

The harsh cough that broke from the teacher's throat startled the class. Her voice cracked dangerously as she continued her sentence. "...who one of the leaders during this World War? Ms. Camden?"

"Very good. Mr. Rainen-" another cough interuppted the elderly woman. Bent over her desk, she grasped for something to hold. Her throat convulsed, and she fell to the floor. Teak rushed over to check her pulse.

"She's alive, thank god." A collective sigh echoed through the classroom. Whispers began circling around the room.

"Did you see-"

"She just collapsed-"

"Will she live-"
When I saw Mrs. Mason collapse, I barely stifled my scream. My body went numb with fear as whispers broke out. Was it a stroke? Mrs. Mason was old...

-relatable post #234
Old 03-20-2013, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by soph-soph27 View Post

"Did you see-"

"She just collapsed-"

"Will she live-"
Quinn shot Mikey a look from across the class, which he interpreted as an urgent look of some sort. Her mouth was moving in some indecipheral fashion that would ideally be recognizable as words, and in this instant, "DON'T GO". She meant 'don't go to the teacher', of course. Mikey wasn't stupid, but he believed Quinn liked to believe so, and he didn't blame her. They all lived in a stupid world, and were used to dealing with stupid people. Why Quinn would dislike him to give a helping hand to their quailing teacher he had also figured out: she didn't want him to get sick (his pessiminstic joker side said: it's because she wants Mrs. Mason to die, of course). There was a mysterious flu passing throughout the school, and knowing his terrible immune system, he'd better stay out of it. It was a bit pleasing, knowing his cousin had unknowingly 'professed her familial love' via keeping him out of trouble, and a bit annoying he had been underestimated. But better under than over, better logic than grudges.

So of course, the ambulance was called and Mrs. Mason was carried away, unconscious, on a funny little stroller Mikey knew was actually called a gurney, but prefered to keep the image of a baby stroller in his head than an emergency vehicle of sorts. He was a bit pertubed by this sudden collapse by their otherwise strengthy, wizened teacher, but his empathy did not go out very far due to the upcoming prospect of wasting some time in school so it would pass more quickly without them actually having to do any work. Other students were milling around, waiting for a substitute, or the period to end, and sometimes coughing into their sleeves. For a moment, Mikey felt the strange contagious urge to cough as well, despite having no health reason to do so. The human mind is strange, he reminded himself.

Tags
awesome nes, death, love, please continue!!, poop, the universe