Quantcast hi - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 12-08-2013, 05:10 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default hi

This thread has been removed. What were you thinking Jesse! - KP Staff

(P.S We really love churros)

Last edited by Jesse; 08-01-2014 at 09:19 PM. Reason: IT WASN'T EDITED BY JESSE WHAT THIS IS KP STAFF
Old 12-08-2013, 05:36 PM

1. Suicide Jokes - I completely agree with you, Jesse. I probably have said stuff like that in the past (actually, I do say those things a lot. And I shouldn't.) and I agree that people shouldn't say them. Thank you for posting this. More people (including myself) should be aware of this.

2. The EVT - If you remember, I made a post about this (http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3294) a few months ago, and while I and a many other members completely agree with you that we should not have these threads, there are still others who need (or claim to need) these threads. To quote LST:
Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
Someone else, older and probs more mature than most of us, shares the same opinion, it's not appropriate for KidPub.
And I agree, it really isn't the best topic for KidPub.
However, I think we do need an alternative for people to go to. Maybe, like, a private forum on a different site, or an email group, or something. Because, generally, we trust each other on KP and I don't know if that would transfer as well to other sites, and some of us really need support.
And I've also seen KP make a lot of difference for people. Helped them get through depression, help them work on stopping cutting, possibly even saved their lives.
So, yeah, basically I think we shouldn't stop people from venting, not until we find an alternative…
So yeah. Basically, most of us don't think we should have these threads, but we don't have an alternative.

3. Just Stupidity in General - Jesse. You were a newbie once. Did you not do stupid things that you regret? Did you not make stupid polls and clog the NSP with stupid posts? I know I did. I know most of us did when we were newbie. It's all part of getting situated with KP and learning to be mature on here, even if you are a kid.

And yes, memes are stupid. But hey, it's the internet. People are going to be stupid. All you can do is ignore it.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:00 PM

About number 3. Right now I just found a thread like this http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthread.php?t=3744 The thread is not needed at all. There are tons of threads like it. I totally agree with you on that. And Lizzies your right the people who post that are newbies. The person posting that one has 2 posts as of now.

Edit: I was looking up more threads that are just stupid I found this one. http://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showthr...ghlight=random And the description is this: So, I was bored and wanted to put up a thread but had nothing to write about. So, I came up with this. Any post can be random, it doesn't have to be about anything. IT COULD BE A RANT ABOUT THE LETTER Q FOR ALL I CARE!!!!
Be random! I command you!

Not like the the gross kind of mud,
like you know what I mean right?
Like the cool program mud.
Anyway why are you reading this?
I mean does it mean anything?

Memorable Princess Bride Qoutes

Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.

You rush a miracle man, you get rotten miracles.

Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.

Last edited by Keegan; 12-08-2013 at 07:05 PM.
Old 12-08-2013, 07:00 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

hey, jesse. glad to see u back here, but not on this thread. ;-;

1) i hate to admit it, but i do that sometimes. i generally try to stick with completely impossible things (like flying into the sun, for instance, which I say quite a bit), mostly for comical reasons, but i wasn't aware that could have an effect on someone like that. i am seriously sorry if anything I ever said made you feel like that. it was never intended, and i'll pull back on those.

2) that's exactly the reason i barely go on there. i feel guilty for not going on to check the statuses of my KP buddies who need help and giving them said help, but i always get really anxious when I know they're suffering and I can't do anything to help them. that's also why i tend to stray away from any legitimate conversation with anyone on here—it may go to their problems, and asshole I am, I may not be able to help them.
okay, sorry, that went to me. but anyway: guys, if you're easily triggered, if you're having serious trouble, or if you think you're emotions might not be hazardous to others, talk to someone individually, PLEASE. whether it's face-to-face or on kp—find someone. Ask if you can discuss some pretty serious stuff with them. make sure they're okay with it. or at least put a warning above a post that might trigger someone. everyone's different, and you don't know how certain things may effect them.

3) the Internet is a stupid place. there are going to be stupid people. I think people are stupid—people think im stupid. its just how it goes. (This is going t everyone, not just jesse) don't sass them and act as if they're inferior if they make a bunch of stupid comments. they'll learn, eventually. or they'll just have some other guy come over and call them an idiot and scare them away from this place. whichever person you are, the idiot or the other guy, don't be a dickbag.

ok I am done
Old 12-08-2013, 07:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

1) Totally agree on that one. Every time I see somebody say that on any website I just cringe. And oh my gosh, I want to beat up everyone that says it, especially at my school. Even my brother -.- It's everywhere, not just on kidpub, and I think it would be impossible to rid the world of it :\

2) I pretty much agree with what LizzieS quoted LST on. Like for me, kidpub is the only place I can go to vent my issues. Maybe it's like that for other people too, I dunno, but I don't have anyone else. I'm too terrified to tell anyone else. And by issues. I mean issues.
I guess if people don't want to be triggered there should be some way of warning people not to go on that thread. Or just have people vent about problems in life instead of physically what they're doing to themselves. I dunno.

3) Definition of the internet is stupidity XD Some people just get pretty easily entertained.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 12-11-2013, 12:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
PLEASE DONT READ THIS IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY TOPICS LIKE SUICIDE OR SELF HARM!!!

ok so like three weeks ago i changed my password to something impossible to remember and i logged out and the other day i got an email from someone asking why. i just retrieved my password so that i can post this thread and then ill be gone again

REASON ONE: suicide jokes
you probably dont notice when you do but it happens a lot on here and its actually kind of gross.
Example: did you see that doctor who expisode it was so sad!! *jumps off bridge*

ok.. there are some limits to when youre expressing emotions. you cannot say that you are going to kill yourself. if you try and talk against me on this I will literally find you and send you a nuke in wrapping paper for christmas. just. dont do it.

Why? uhh its triggering to people who are suicidal?? esp if you say the word cut to someone who self harms they think about that word all day until they relapase??? by saying this you are putting a suicidal person at risk of killing themselves????????

im not saying to never say the word cut or die in front of someone ever again but you can at least not make suicide jokes.

heres another example: i remember a post from tumblr this summer where there was boy in a bathtub smiling and giving a thumbs up. And he was holding a toaster.
the caption read: ready to go back to school!!

you are saying that to get out of going to school, you should kill yourself. and a ton of people are nervous about going to school and some of them are suicidal. It takes one douchebag to say that to avoid going to school you should get in a tub of water and electrocute yourself. Its not even being implied. Its just straight forward to thousands of people: kill yourself so u dont have to go to school.
ok

REASON TWO: EVT
you probably know about the evt. Basically its a place where you can vent. when people white out the triggering stuff, it is a really helpful place and you can get a ton of advice.

Its also the most triggering thread on this site.

if you go on it right now, it is really sad. every page has at least one person saying that they slit thenselves with knives or punctured their skin with needles and they want help. i almost never say anything to those people because i know that if i say something wrong it could make them hurt themselves more.
NEVER NEVER NEVER SAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF OR YOU FEEL LIKE THAT ON THE FORUMS. DONT WHITE IT OUT JUST DONT DO IT. DONT TALK ABOUT IT IN A POEM JUST DONT TALK ABOUT IT PERIOD ON HERE.

kids are not who you should be asking for for help with any of those things. please please please just dont. they could make something worse.

talk to a therapist or a teacher. if you dont want to talk face to face go to teenhelp.com. they are trained people who will help you and email you back with what you should do and they are super helpful. or talk to a suicide hotline.

REASON THREE: JUST STUPIDITY IN GENERAL
this is less serious. there are a lot of stupid things on here. look at the polls. "Am i popular" "do you like my story" and that person who talks about the umbrellas all the time.

and the nsp. soo many contests.
and the XD face. there is nothing more annoying than that emoticon. weve all used it. can we please just not

and the memes. theyre not funny. Every time i see le troll or forever alone or the doge meme i physically crige. theyre not funny. youre not funny. please dont

so yeah thats it i guess?? bye
(sorry about the spelling. Im on an ipod and i dont care)
this is less serious. there are a lot of stupid things on here. look at the polls. "Am i popular" "do you like my story" and that person who talks about the umbrellas all the time.

and the XD face. there is nothing more annoying than that emoticon. weve all used it. can we please just not

It's not like you didn't use the "XD" face, too, Jesse. Also, you aren't being very smart, either, by using incorrect grammar.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 12-13-2013, 12:12 PM

Okay I completely agree with the suicide jokes part, tho I'm not quite as sensitive to that
I completely agree that the Internet is stuppid, and wonderful at the same time. I love memes
Old 12-23-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
PLEASE DONT READ THIS IF YOU ARE TRIGGERED BY TOPICS LIKE SUICIDE OR SELF HARM!!!

ok so like three weeks ago i changed my password to something impossible to remember and i logged out and the other day i got an email from someone asking why. i just retrieved my password so that i can post this thread and then ill be gone again

REASON ONE: suicide jokes
you probably dont notice when you do but it happens a lot on here and its actually kind of gross.
Example: did you see that doctor who expisode it was so sad!! *jumps off bridge*

ok.. there are some limits to when youre expressing emotions. you cannot say that you are going to kill yourself. if you try and talk against me on this I will literally find you and send you a nuke in wrapping paper for christmas. just. dont do it.

Why? uhh its triggering to people who are suicidal?? esp if you say the word cut to someone who self harms they think about that word all day until they relapase??? by saying this you are putting a suicidal person at risk of killing themselves????????

im not saying to never say the word cut or die in front of someone ever again but you can at least not make suicide jokes.

heres another example: i remember a post from tumblr this summer where there was boy in a bathtub smiling and giving a thumbs up. And he was holding a toaster.
the caption read: ready to go back to school!!

you are saying that to get out of going to school, you should kill yourself. and a ton of people are nervous about going to school and some of them are suicidal. It takes one douchebag to say that to avoid going to school you should get in a tub of water and electrocute yourself. Its not even being implied. Its just straight forward to thousands of people: kill yourself so u dont have to go to school.
ok

REASON TWO: EVT
you probably know about the evt. Basically its a place where you can vent. when people white out the triggering stuff, it is a really helpful place and you can get a ton of advice.

Its also the most triggering thread on this site.

if you go on it right now, it is really sad. every page has at least one person saying that they slit thenselves with knives or punctured their skin with needles and they want help. i almost never say anything to those people because i know that if i say something wrong it could make them hurt themselves more.
NEVER NEVER NEVER SAY THAT YOU ARE GOING TO KILL YOURSELF OR YOU FEEL LIKE THAT ON THE FORUMS. DONT WHITE IT OUT JUST DONT DO IT. DONT TALK ABOUT IT IN A POEM JUST DONT TALK ABOUT IT PERIOD ON HERE.

kids are not who you should be asking for for help with any of those things. please please please just dont. they could make something worse.

talk to a therapist or a teacher. if you dont want to talk face to face go to teenhelp.com. they are trained people who will help you and email you back with what you should do and they are super helpful. or talk to a suicide hotline.

and the memes. theyre not funny. Every time i see le troll or forever alone or the doge meme i physically crige. theyre not funny. youre not funny. please dont

so yeah thats it i guess?? bye
(sorry about the spelling. Im on an ipod and i dont care)

Alright, I get that this thread is sort of old by now, but I felt like I had to say something for people viewing this thread in the future and agreeing with this or whatever.

Okay, so one: the suicide jokes. I actually agree with this, it's insensitive of the people saying it. But if they use the aforementioned "flies into the sun" or something humorous like that, I don't think it would really be all that offensive.

And also, so we can't joke about suicide, which makes sense, but somehow that makes it okay for you to joke about sending nukes to people? Just pointing out the slight hypocrisy here.

Two, about the EVT? People are welcome to seek out help from wherever they choose, and I don't think it's ever been a problem that they've been asking for advice on the EVT.

And three. That's really rude. I think memes are annoying too (although I like the doge one) but people have their own senses of humor and they're entitled to that. Those polls you mentioned are just polls, it's not like they clog up the NSP, so it's not a big deal.

People having contests are fine, okay? There's nothing wrong with that. And I mean you can use the XD face if you want.

I just needed to get this all out there.

Last edited by blossom; 08-04-2014 at 09:30 PM.
Old 12-23-2013, 11:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blossom View Post
Alright, I get that this thread is sort of old by now, but I felt like I had to say something for people viewing this thread in the future and agreeing with this or whatever.

Okay, so one: the suicide jokes. I actually agree with this, it's insensitive of the people saying it. But if they use the aforementioned "flies into the sun" or something humorous like that, I don't think it would really be all that offensive.

And also, so we can't joke about suicide, which makes sense, but somehow that makes it okay for you to joke about sending nukes to people? Just pointing out the slight hypocrisy here.

By the way, I've self harmed, and if somebody said the word cut to me in a normal conversation like "oh I cut my hair today," I would think nothing of it. Even if we were talking about legitimate cutting that really wouldn't be enough for a relapse.

Two, about the EVT? People are welcome to seek out help from wherever they choose, and I don't think it's ever been a problem that they've been asking for advice on the EVT.

And three. That's really rude. I think memes are annoying too (although I like the doge one) but people have their own senses of humor and they're entitled to that. Those polls you mentioned are just polls, it's not like they clog up the NSP, so it's not a big deal.

People having contests are fine, okay? There's nothing wrong with that. And personally I don't find the XD face annoying and I use it frequently, and hey, you're welcome to your own opinion but there's no need to be rude about it.

I just needed to get this all out there.
congrats you just said everything i didnt have the guts to get into about this thread
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 12-23-2013, 12:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherB View Post
congrats you just said everything i didnt have the guts to get into about this thread
I'm glad, I was worried more people would disagree.