Quantcast New! Camp Half-Blood NES (For Demibloggers) - Page 95 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2016, 07:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by strawberry View Post
(aww lucca. same)

Eloise stood, poised, at the door, and froze when she saw Jake leading two people to the Big House. They didn't look like people she knew. Granted, she didn't really know anyone at camp besides Mora, Sierra, Jake, Sravani, the girl who had saved Jake (Lydia, she remembered) and that one girl... Dante was her name. Still, these people commanded an entirely different aura compared to the campers she'd seen so far. One of them carried himself with dignity and strength. The other looked fairly dignified as well, but he appeared to be shrinking slightly behind the other boy's shadow. Jake looked mildly confused and incredibly tense for some reason unknown to her. She debated whether to calmly walk back into the cabin and hide or find out what was going on and why there seemed to be something very important that she was missing.
Mora was confused by the invasion, but worry began to mingle into her food-fighting excitement when she heard the Roman intruders say something about a girl they wanted.Eloise.
Mora raced to the Hermes cabin, almost sliding into door. "Eloise? Are you there?" she called.
Old 02-18-2016, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
Owen raked his hands through his hair, a nervous habit that he had. "I've been having a really stressful day and I try so hard to keep all of this under the surface because I'm centurion! I have to be calm! I have to perfect! You wouldn't understand. Everything's a joke to you," he snapped, turning back to lake.
"Whoa, okay," Gisela responded warily, raising her hands and forcing her mind back into its cautious mode. "So I see you've got some things going on and you're understandably pissed about the whole..." She gestured vaguely to the shirt on the ground. "I get that you're stressed. But you can't just take it out on them." She knew that what she was saying probably wasn't helping at all; not when she was indubitably one of the reasons he was stressed. That gave her an idea.

She took two steps closer to him, still on guard for his behavior. "Okay, just take it out on me then."
Old 02-18-2016, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez5858 View Post
Mora was confused by the invasion, but worry began to mingle into her food-fighting excitement when she heard the Roman intruders say something about a girl they wanted.Eloise.
Mora raced to the Hermes cabin, almost sliding into door. "Eloise? Are you there?" she called.
Eloise had waited till Jake and the two strangers had disappeared from her line of vision before she hesitantly walked out and carefully made her way to the cafeteria, heart pounding for some reason.

(is it even a cafeteria?? thats what ive been calling it. )
Old 02-18-2016, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Eloise had waited till Jake and the two strangers had disappeared from her line of vision before she hesitantly walked out and carefully made her way to the cafeteria, heart pounding for some reason.

(is it even a cafeteria?? thats what ive been calling it. )
{I've been calling it that too. XD I think it's called pavilion.}

"Thank Zues you're here," Mora sighed, enveloping Eloise in a hug. "There's these Roman people th--" She cut short, suddenly recalling her promised with Jake. She inwardly groaned, trying to must up an excuse.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez5858 View Post
{I've been calling it that too. XD I think it's called pavilion.}

"Thank Zues you're here," Mora sighed, enveloping Eloise in a hug. "There's these Roman people th--" She cut short, suddenly recalling her promised with Jake. She inwardly groaned, trying to must up an excuse.
Eloise narrowed her eyes, recollecting the incident at the pool, when she'd apparently been claimed by a Roman god. Jake had said he'd made a mistake, but something about the situation seemed odd. "Continue?" Eloise prodded.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:29 PM

Quote:
"Whoa, okay," Gisela responded warily, raising her hands and forcing her mind back into its cautious mode. "So I see you've got some things going on and you're understandably pissed about the whole..." She gestured vaguely to the shirt on the ground. "I get that you're stressed. But you can't just take it out on them." She knew that what she was saying probably wasn't helping at all; not when she was indubitably one of the reasons he was stressed. That gave her an idea.

She took two steps closer to him, still on guard for his behavior. "Okay, just take it out on me then."
"What you mean? Do you want me to rant to you?" asked Owen, still angry. "It's always been this way. That feels like it's how New Rome works. I do one thing wrong and the world is just ending to them. I make one mistake and they take it out on my whole cohort. I have to be an example. I have be this, I have to that. It's not fair! Ever since I joined it's like I was expected to be perfect. I wasn't allowed to have an opinion, until I became a centurion. At first it seemed like the best thing to happen to me, but I'm never allowed to be anything, to have any fun. The praetors dictate my every move, and I'm done. I'm just done. I don't know how much longer I can just plaster a smile on my face and pretend everything's perfect, because it's not. All I wanted was to be left alone! Everything is so frustrating! And then to see the Greeks, doing whatever they want and just laughing when I get hit in the face! They don't have to be perfect, they can be whatever they want but they're a bunch of idiots! And yet, they get all the freedom!"

Owen exhaled loudly, a bit exhausted after his rant. He raked his hands through his hair again and looked at Gisela. "Sorry about that, you don't need to hear about my problems. And I'm sorry I blew up on that kid back there. I just..." He smiled wanly.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 02-18-2016, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
"What you mean? Do you want me to rant to you?" asked Owen, still angry. "It's always been this way. That feels like it's how New Rome works. I do one thing wrong and the world is just ending to them. I make one mistake and they take it out on my whole cohort. I have to be an example. I have be this, I have to that. It's not fair! Ever since I joined it's like I was expected to be perfect. I wasn't allowed to have an opinion, until I became a centurion. At first it seemed like the best thing to happen to me, but I'm never allowed to be anything, to have any fun. The praetors dictate my every move, and I'm done. I'm just done. I don't know how much longer I can just plaster a smile on my face and pretend everything's perfect, because it's not. All I wanted was to be left alone! Everything is so frustrating! And then to see the Greeks, doing whatever they want and just laughing when I get hit in the face! They don't have to be perfect, they can be whatever they want but they're a bunch of idiots! And yet, they get all the freedom!"

Owen exhaled loudly, a bit exhausted after his rant. He raked his hands through his hair again and looked at Gisela. "Sorry about that, you don't need to hear about my problems. And I'm sorry I blew up on that kid back there. I just..." He smiled wanly.
(can i just hug owen ok thank you)

Gisela was mildly shocked. When she'd said Take it out on me she'd expected a full-blown rant about why she shouldn't have come and how she was annoying. Although, in retrospect, they'd only met not long ago and the stress he'd been harboring had to have accumulated with time. She shook her head.

"No, it's fine. I get you." She wondered if the polite thing to do since he'd ranted to her about his problems was to rant about hers in return. There was no lacking in that department. She contemplated for a moment as Owen slowly exhaled, but ultimately decided against it. It was counterproductive, and besides, he seemed to have cooled down. Since when had she cared about manners, anyway?

Back to the important topic at hand. Gisela slowly ventured out of caution-mode. "So, about the kid. You saw, didn't you? Out of your mind's eye or however Venus kids see love."
Old 02-18-2016, 08:46 PM

Quote:
(can i just hug owen ok thank you)

Gisela was mildly shocked. When she'd said Take it out on me she'd expected a full-blown rant about why she shouldn't have come and how she was annoying. Although, in retrospect, they'd only met not long ago and the stress he'd been harboring had to have accumulated with time. She shook her head.

"No, it's fine. I get you." She wondered if the polite thing to do since he'd ranted to her about his problems was to rant about hers in return. There was no lacking in that department. She contemplated for a moment as Owen slowly exhaled, but ultimately decided against it. It was counterproductive, and besides, he seemed to have cooled down. Since when had she cared about manners, anyway?

Back to the important topic at hand. Gisela slowly ventured out of caution-mode. "So, about the kid. You saw, didn't you? Out of your mind's eye or however Venus kids see love."
"Yeah, I saw," Owen replied. "It's kind of like he has this aura, and if I look a bit closer I can see exactly who he has feelings for and what kind of feelings. I don't generally spread my 'power' around because then people ask me to see if their crushes or boyfriend or girlfriend are into them and it's really annoying." He laughed. "Maybe we should go back." Then he saw his shirt on the ground. "Or I could put on a shirt first..."

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 02-18-2016, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Eloise narrowed her eyes, recollecting the incident at the pool, when she'd apparently been claimed by a Roman god. Jake had said he'd made a mistake, but something about the situation seemed odd. "Continue?" Eloise prodded.
"Er..." Mora began, but the sentence had trailed off into her own oblivion of lies she could never make. "You see, there were these Roman people that came here. And then left."
Technically, it's true, she assured herself, but the knot in her stomach only tightened.
Old 02-18-2016, 08:57 PM

As Jake and the centurions walked off, she saw that Gisela girl hurry after the boy that had stormed off- Owen? She smiled rather mischievously to herself and thought, Ooooooo, tension. I ship it. She had Sravani to thank for her affinity of shipping total strangers, and she was strangely okay with it. She raised her eyebrows suggestively towards Gisela's back (though she knew that the girl wouldn't see), and then realized she now had to deal with her hooligan campers. She turned and placed her hands on her hips, with an evil glint in her eye.

She marched towards the edge of the pavilion, where the campers were still food fighting- honestly, how long can these guys not get tired? She stood before the oblivious campers, taking a deep breath; and some campers noticed Sierra and uneasily began to back away from the soon-to-be-raging girl, who were well acquainted with what was to happen next. Sierra opened her mouth, and roared with the power and might of 13 lions, "STOOOOOOOP IIIIIIIIIIIIIT!!!!!"

Her roar pulsed through the crowd of people, practically shaking the tables and the ground. The whole crowd instantly stopped with wide eyes and fearful expressions. And so, Sierra began to chew out the crowd with the tone of a military commander, pacing in front of the crowd of kids with her arms behind her back. She was so filled with rage, at the crowd, at the Romans, at herself- she was a volcano that couldn't be stopped.

"I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU ALL! OF ALL THE TIMES TO BEGIN SUCH BULLSHIT, IT HAD TO BE NOW?! THE ROMANS JUST CAME AND SAW THIS WHOLE MESS, AND NONE OF YOU EVEN NOTICED! YOU'VE ALL EMBARRASSED CHIRON, ME, AND YOURSELVES! YOU'VE ALL DISGRACED CAMP HALF-BLOOD'S NAME, AND NOW CHIRON AND I WILL HAVE TO SMOOTH THINGS OVER WITH THE ROMANS!"

The some campers lowered their head in shame and stared at the ground, others just glared at Sierra for spoiling their fun, and a few even began to snicker at her massive outburst. She then pointed a finger at one and shouted, "You think this is funny?! This isn't funny at all Conrad! Cleaning duty with the Harpies, now!" The shocked camper hesitantly began to walk, like he didn't know what was happening, and she screamed, "NOW!"

Conrad instantly scurried away to avoid her wrath and bolted towards the kitchens like a spooked deer. In a mad dash of anger, she whirled to the crowd and yelled, "As for the rest of you, I expect you to clean up this mess! If I see any of you try and sneak away, I will assign late night patrols to anyone, no exceptions! Now get off your asses and MOVE!"

The group jumped into the air at her last word, and began to rush around in a whirlwind of bodies to try and clean up, and avoid any more of Sierra's angry tongue. As they worked, a few sent her angry glares and then would turn back to their work, and she couldn't understand it. What had she done wrong, she was just fixing the mess!

Moments passed, and she watched the campers clean; then a small part of her realized that possibly, just maybe, she might have been a little too harsh on the campers. It's not like anyone died, and she also may have instigated the fight... she then realized she was a major hypocrite. The biggest hypocrite in Camp Half Blood, who yelled at 12 year olds. Oh gods...

A wave of shame and guilt washed over her, swirling in her stomach, and she her shame almost choked her. She felt horrible, she was the most awful person in the camp! It's no wonder that no one likes you, you're just a big bossy jerk- that's why you have no friends! Good job.

Stepping forward with a guilty and defeated tone, she said, "Guys, don't clean anymore." The campers stopped in their cleaning, giving her looks of disbelief or annoyance. One camper called out, "You want us to clean, now you don't. Make up your mind!" Sierra winced, feeling self-conscious and ashamed.

"That was uncalled for guys- I made the food fight go too far, and I shouldn't have yelled at you like that. Go back to your regular schedules, I'll clean this up."

Not needing another word, every camper stampeded out of the pavilion like a herd of deer, leaving Sierra completely alone. Feeling a bit miffed that none of them offered to stay anyway and help, she picked up a discarded broom and began sweeping up the piles of food that were scattered and smashed across the pavilion. Her stomach roiled with discontentment, and she started to regret letting all the campers go, but she knew that no one would want to clean this mess up willingly. She still felt a little grumbly about it, though in retrospect she knew that this situation was no one's fault but her own. Agh, why am I so contradictory! She shook her head, trying to shake these dumb thoughts out of her head, and to focus at her laborious task. But to straighten her thoughts, she of course, just had to talk to herself.

"Whelp, this is what you wanted! Everyone's just peachy, so don't feel sorry for yourself, you jerk. Just keep on sweeping." Talking to oneself wasn't a good sign of sanity, but this habit sometimes kept Sierra from losing it. Sometimes.

Last edited by LizzyE; 02-18-2016 at 09:06 PM.

Tags
alexander the gr8, annagrace was here, anya is here, athena needs sleep, hazel will do this later, i will watch, i!!! love!!! suffering!!!, isa x shipping, jake is my spirit animal, maniacal laughter, mora x everyone, owenela <3, painnntortureeeangggstt, screams abt emmelucca, zekieran: soooooooooon