Quantcast Masterpost/CC swaps/Help me, i'm desperate to improve - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-15-2017, 09:42 PM

Default Masterpost/CC swaps/Help me, i'm desperate to improve

aka that one thread where you tell Re how much her writing sucks, and she bribes you into CCing her stuff.

Yeah, i'm an attention whore so you should feed me.

for real though, I realized that since i'm graduating this year, i'm probably not going to have a whole lot of time to write, specifically at any point after May. I do want to try to get published, and actually one of my life-goals since forever has been to publish before I graduate, however none of my work is acceptable to be published. I mean, I could self-publish, but I personally wouldn't be happy with putting anything I currently have out there for the public to read. Which brings me to why this thread is being typed into existence.

This is going to act as sort of a mash-up of a masterpost, and a CC shoppe.

What i'm going to do is collect all of my work here on KP, and leave descriptions and links below. Any time I put a new book on the mainsite, i'll edit this post to include it, as well as make a separate post for it. I'll also put statuses with each work that will denote how publish-able I think a work is.
For the CC shoppe part; I am willing to exchange pretty much anything in order to get some serious CC, i'm desperate. (Shout-out to anyone who has given me CC in the past, you're awesome, thank you so much). Depending on what it is you want in exchange, I may have some specifications (for instance, if you want, say, me to read and comment on all the chapters of your current KP project, then I'm probably going to ask that whatever CC you give in return goes deeper than a grammar/spelling-check.), seems fair, yeah?

For anyone who doesn't want to read all of the above:
-I want to improve my writing so that I can publish
-This thread is a masterpost/CC shoppe
-I am willing to exchange basically anything within the parameters of internet safety for CC

Also: Feel free to use this thread to swap CC among yourselves, or advertise your own books/poems/stories/ect.

Ok, moving on to the actual masterpost section:

The Angellock Legends Series

Book #1: Mental. Currently unavailable because it sucks balls.

Book #2: Jailbreakers.
Synopsis: underconstruction

Book #3: World of Fear.
Synopsis: These books all suck

Book #4: Experimental Warrior
Synopsis: under the construction

Book #5: Gatekeeper to Magic
Synopsis: This was never even plotted.

Spin-off #1: Here's to the Broken Kids.
Synopsis: A girl learns how to fight for herself. A boy learns how to fight his demons. People die and don't come back, and sometimes neither magic nor science can solve a schismed soul. In the end there are five kids, and all of them have been broken, the question is, have they all healed?
Link: https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...lah-2935155959
Status: Cringes, cringes everywhere. Also, it's incomplete. And the plot has more holes then swiss cheese. *sighhhhh*

The Dark Sun Series

Book #1: All Our Stars
Synopsis: A girl with major depressive disorder is hospitalized for a pseudo-suicide attempt, and then sent to Marlin's Boarding School for Troubled Teens. She makes friends, loses friends, succumbs more and more to depression, and at least one person dies. But, in the end she takes her first steps towards recovery...and then gets hit by a car, but that's besides the point.
Link: https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...ing-2935158196
Status: I haven't looked at this since last year, but i'm pretty sure it's better than Jailbreakers. However, it still sucks. Title suggestions are welcome.

Book #2: Black Hole Sun
Synopsis: A drug addict who fell in love with the girl from the first book finds himself returning to his old habits after her near-fatal accident. Not long after his relapse, he is diagnosed with HIV, and gets kicked out of his home. When the girl from the first book learns of his homelessness, she offers him a place to stay, and he accepts, only to discover that it is much harder to keep both his addiction and his illness hidden from her, as his body all too willingly betrays him. Finally, he is forced into an impasse, and must make the choice to quit his habit for good, before it destroys everything.
Link: https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...ine-2935159389

Stand-alones/books with no current series that might gain one later

Book: Only Ash
Synopsis: World War Three, Russia kidnaps children to turn them into secret weapons against their enemies. The laboratory is destroyed and experimental Kinetics and Enhanceds escape out into the night. One Enhanced, in an effort to keep his little sister safe at all costs, uncovers what the Russians' plan for the experiments was, and with the help of other experiments (and a few non-experiments too), he battles against his own kind and puts a full and final end to the Russians' plots.
Link: https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...you-2935159617
Status: Completed, but only 3.33 chapters are up on KP. It's definitely one of my better works, but there is a lot of room for improvement.

Book: Kuebiko
Synopsis: A teenager with the ability to mentally map every place he comes into contact with is recruited by a rebellion trying to overthrow the post-war government. At first it seems they're doing the right thing, but then the city breaks into a civil-war zone, and it is uncovered that the rebels are the ones causing it. After receiving irrefutable proof that it is the rebels working towards on a power-incensed agenda, the teenager and his friends go against the rebellion to save the people of the city.
Link: https://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-...tra-2935159765
Status: Incomplete. I enjoy writing this. It's okay for a first draft.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey

Last edited by Zelda; 08-29-2017 at 04:05 PM.
Old 01-15-2017, 09:47 PM

hey buddy! you cannot rely on me to get back to you quickly, but I will totally email you with my comments and suggestions. I am not a trained editor, nor am I any further along than you in writing skill, but I'll do my best to help with one of those projects at a time.
I will start with HTTBK.

-i found, amber run
Old 01-15-2017, 10:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
hey buddy! you cannot rely on me to get back to you quickly, but I will totally email you with my comments and suggestions. I am not a trained editor, nor am I any further along than you in writing skill, but I'll do my best to help with one of those projects at a time.
I will start with HTTBK.
Aw, thanks, you're so nice! :3
and i apologize for not sending you any nerdy facts, i was travelling most of friday/the weekend so i didn't have internet :c

-Barns Courntey
Old 01-15-2017, 11:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Aw, thanks, you're so nice! :3
and i apologize for not sending you any nerdy facts, i was travelling most of friday/the weekend so i didn't have internet :c
internet is wonky. I totally get that.

-i found, amber run
Old 01-15-2017, 11:20 PM

I might be able to give CC on The Angellock Series but probably not because as an actual literal psychotic person myself I'm already wary that my mental illness will be portrayed inaccurately possibly in an ableist manner based on that summary.

not to be all sjw or anything (tbh ill probably reread this post in a couple months and think im being obnoxious myself lol)

I'll probably give The Dark Sun Series a shot though but you'll have to wait until my semester is over (Jan 20). Only Ash seems interesting as well. Just remind me about it after Jan 20 if u still want CC from me
Old 01-16-2017, 12:13 AM

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is SO GREAT I wanna participate

also: goal/pipe dream: get published before I graduate from high school
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 01-16-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
I might be able to give CC on The Angellock Series but probably not because as an actual literal psychotic person myself I'm already wary that my mental illness will be portrayed inaccurately possibly in an ableist manner based on that summary.

not to be all sjw or anything (tbh ill probably reread this post in a couple months and think im being obnoxious myself lol)

I'll probably give The Dark Sun Series a shot though but you'll have to wait until my semester is over (Jan 20). Only Ash seems interesting as well. Just remind me about it after Jan 20 if u still want CC from me
Thanks man,

ohh no, sorry ;-;, i didn't mean to be offensive.
The term 'psycho' is used verrrry loosely in that synopsis. There's actually some weird magic/chimera shit going on with that character, she has two souls in her body and one of them is possessive/obsessed with keeping the other 'safe' from people at all costs. She's not psychotic, and she's not meant to be portrayed that way.

The sjw stance is totally understandable tho

-Barns Courntey
Old 01-16-2017, 12:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa this is SO GREAT I wanna participate

also: goal/pipe dream: get published before I graduate from high school
twin goals, mate, *high five*

-Barns Courntey
Old 01-16-2017, 01:12 PM

Here are the mental illnesses included in all the series/books, in case anyone is curious. If you notice that i'm improperly portraying a mental illness or physical condition then tell me so that I can fix it

Angellock:
- Disorganized Schizophrenia
- Kleptomania
- Pyromania
- Autism
- PTSD (probably)
- Bipolar I Disorder
- Dysthimic Depression

Dark Sun:
- Major Depressive Disorder
- Dysthimic Depression
- Insomnia
- ADHD
- OCD
- Kleptomania
- Addiction
- Multiple Personality Disorder

Only Ash:
-PTSD

Kuebiko:
-Insomnia/Night Terrors

-Barns Courntey
Old 01-17-2017, 08:13 PM

Can you keep the title Gothy Gloomy Sunshine?? I love that title and I don't want it to change.
That's all words really and truly are.
But if that's what they are,
Then why do these "words" hurt so much?
Why?

Tags
im dead