Quantcast GSRM Community - Page 211 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 06-09-2017, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
so I was talking to a friend last night and she's ace and demiromantic but only with other girls? and she decided to just identify as ace because most of the time she isn't interested in a relationship but also she said she would kind of like to identify as gay but she doesn't think she's gay enough for that?

unrelated but then most people in the room started arguing over who was the Most Gay and I realized that there wasn't a single straight person out of the eight of us and it was a good feeling.
I was re-reading because reasons and actually I think I have a sort-of answer for your friend.
I was having some discourse with someone via wattpad, they were confused what demi/demiro was, and they made me realize that demisexual/romantic in and of itself doesn't meet the right specifications to be an orientation, because it doesn't specify what sex or gender you are attracted to. In reality demi is a blanket term, and should be used as a prefix. For instance, you're friend would be demi-homoromantic.
so there's your daily pedantics lesson.

//

on another note, I have conquered the What Am problem, and the How Tell Friends problem (my friends are all mostly super chill yo). Now I must face the How Tell Parents, suggestions?
My current considerations are;
- Put drawing of skull and crossbones that reads 'asexual pirates have no interest in your booty' on my wall and wait for mom to notice.
- Use the kitchen wall chalkboard to draw an ace card with the words 'I'm ace'
- Write a sentence under the current chalkboard drawing that reads 'Let's get one thing straight; I'm not'
If you can't tell, I'm trying to avoid actually talking to them, because the spoken word fails me and heaven forbid my mom take the time to see a point of view other than her own.

Also! Apparently there is a lack of straight kids in the extracur band/drama.
so far we have;
- a really really gay boy (hey there, Zane)
- a pan girl who is also head of the lgbt+ chapter at our school
- a {closeted} lesbian
- a {probably closeted} bi/aro girl
- your friendly neighbourhood ace
- I'm pretty sure one of the other girl's isn't entirely straight. like 80% sure.
It doesn't seem like that much, but when you consider that there are only 25 kids in band, it's somewhat significant.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 06-09-2017, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
I was re-reading because reasons and actually I think I have a sort-of answer for your friend.
I was having some discourse with someone via wattpad, they were confused what demi/demiro was, and they made me realize that demisexual/romantic in and of itself doesn't meet the right specifications to be an orientation, because it doesn't specify what sex or gender you are attracted to. In reality demi is a blanket term, and should be used as a prefix. For instance, you're friend would be demi-homoromantic.

//

on another note, I have conquered the What Am problem, and the How Tell Friends problem (my friends are all mostly super chill yo). Now I must face the How Tell Parents, suggestions?
My current considerations are;
- Put drawing of skull and crossbones that reads 'asexual pirates have no interest in your booty' on my wall and wait for mom to notice.
- Use the kitchen wall chalkboard to draw an ace card with the words 'I'm ace'
- Write a sentence under the current chalkboard drawing that reads 'Let's get one thing straight; I'm not'
If you can't tell, I'm trying to avoid actually talking to them, because the spoken word fails me and heaven forbid my mom take the time to see a point of view other than her own.

Also! Apparently there is a lack of straight kids in the extracur band/drama.
so far we have;
- a really really gay boy (hey there, Zane)
- a pan girl who is also head of the lgbt+ chapter at our school
- a {closeted} lesbian
- a {probably closeted} bi/aro girl
- your friendly neighbourhood ace
- I'm pretty sure one of the other girl's isn't entirely straight. like 80% sure.
It doesn't seem like that much, but when you consider that there are only 25 kids in band, it's somewhat significant.
ah ok thanks!
I just went on kidpub looking for this thread having forgotten what it's called so thank you for posting here lmao.
Old 06-09-2017, 01:53 PM

also with your whole lack of straight kids in band I raise you the lack of straight kids in my school.
I haven't roomed with a single straight person (I've had six roommates this year)
one term there wasn't a single straight student in the smaller girls' dorm
out of the 17 (?) freshmen there are about 6 or 7 straight kids. the rest are LGBTQ+
literally less than a third of girls at my school are straight.
but now the problem is I come home and everyone is SO STRAIGHT
also I feel like an undercover agent or some shit every time my parents or brother say something offensive
Old 06-09-2017, 04:06 PM

Quote:
also with your whole lack of straight kids in band I raise you the lack of straight kids in my school.
I haven't roomed with a single straight person (I've had six roommates this year)
out of the 17 (?) freshmen there are about 6 or 7 straight kids. the rest are LGBTQ+
also I feel like an undercover agent or some shit every time my parents or brother say something offensive
That sounds like the premises for a superhero academy story! Like it's disguised as a normal boarding school but secretely it's for all the non straight kids, every once in a while a straight kid will show up and the head of the school is like 'ok whatever, you can stay to make the school look more straight so all our gay cuties can keep coming without worrying about being outed'.
Also same? Like my mom's pretty chill most of the time, but sometimes it's like? Can u not??

-Barns Courntey
Old 06-09-2017, 10:58 PM

Quote:
That sounds like the premises for a superhero academy story! Like it's disguised as a normal boarding school but secretely it's for all the non straight kids, every once in a while a straight kid will show up and the head of the school is like 'ok whatever, you can stay to make the school look more straight so all our gay cuties can keep coming without worrying about being outed'.
Also same? Like my mom's pretty chill most of the time, but sometimes it's like? Can u not??
everyone is gay and sad
and also I feel you on the parents thing like my family supports gay marriage and equal rights and stuff but then will talk to me about how they "don't understand why it's so important to people! just pretend to be straight if someone's homophobic, you don't have to stop being friends with them!" and its like.....uh wtf.....
Old 06-10-2017, 12:09 AM

Quote:
where the fuck do you go to school i want to go there

that said, my school is pretty queer as well
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 06-10-2017, 12:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
where the fuck do you go to school i want to go there

that said, my school is pretty queer as well
Tiny liberal arts MA boarding school. It's pretty great.
Also with the dorm they re-named it the GAYtehouse for that term lol. Even our resident trump supporter is gay? (Wtf but thank goodness there's only one) I honestly don't know how it happens because no one knows how many LGBTQ kids there are until after they're there but I'm not complaining
Old 06-10-2017, 04:44 AM

Quote:

i identify as demihomoromantic but mostly just say that im gay when ppl ask what i am. it's easier. if they wanna delve deeper then i just tell them i like sex but hate romance.
Old 06-21-2017, 01:43 AM

I was arguing with someone today about the various fine details of asexuality, and they seem to believe that being on the ace spectrum and being actually asexual are the same, and thus it is possible to be both asexual and pansexual at the same time.

So I raise this to you all for discussion.

My opinion is that it's not possible, since you can't have both a sex drive and a lack of a sex drive at the same time. But, maybe someone here will be able to put together a better argument than the person I was originally talking to (she struggled. And she stopped replying eventually)

-Barns Courntey
Old 06-21-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
I was arguing with someone today about the various fine details of asexuality, and they seem to believe that being on the ace spectrum and being actually asexual are the same, and thus it is possible to be both asexual and pansexual at the same time.

So I raise this to you all for discussion.

My opinion is that it's not possible, since you can't have both a sex drive and a lack of a sex drive at the same time. But, maybe someone here will be able to put together a better argument than the person I was originally talking to (she struggled. And she stopped replying eventually)
Correction: sex drive has nothing to do with asexuality. Asexuality refers only to being attracted to people. You don't have to be able to be attracted to people to have a sex drive. Libido and attraction are separate.

I agree with you in that ace spectrum and purely asexual aren't the same thing. Someone can be both ace and pan, however, if they use "ace" as referring to the spectrum and not their place on said spectrum. For instance, you can be pan-greysexual or pan-demisexual. Some people don't choose to specify the "prefix" because they identify more with the asexual spectrum than the other GSRM identity component. Conversely, someone could be gay ace by being homo-demisexual. Sexuality is a lot more complex than The Straights would have you believe.
they'd lead me to y o u

Tags
♤of♡s, alaska is a mermaid, am confuse but yolo, asher was here, cutie jasper <3, down with het, elliot is the best ever, elliot will u marry me, fuck trump, genderqueer, girls are yes, gsrm, homo-freaking-flexible, i <3 girls, i am ellio, i have a crush on u, i love elliot more stfu, once in slept w/ santa d:, shit am i gay, shut the fuck up, thanks 4 helping me out, trans & pan pride, u are not ellio im ellio, u go, yo i love everyone