Quantcast Test site up - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Features and Design
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2009, 06:25 PM
Administrator

Default Test site up

I've opened up the KidPub development server for you to take a look at. It is the new, less-wordy design that we are working on. Things will change pretty frequently over the next few days, so if something breaks don't panic.

I'd really appreciate some feedback from you on what you like and don't like.

You can get to the site at: dev.kidpub.com

All of the currently active memberships have been copied over, so your passwords will be the same.

NOTE! On login and logout, and maybe in other places, you'll get kicked back to the 'live' KidPub site at www.kidpub.com. If this happens, just go back to dev.kidpub.com and pick up where you left off. This mainly happens when you submit a form. Also, writer's block on the dev site is a duplicate of this one.

Anything you submit on the development site will be removed at some point, so don't save anything special over there!

Have fun, and don't forget to leave comments here!

Perry
Old 01-30-2009, 06:48 PM

Love it!
Nice and crisp. Not as cluttered.
Very pro.
Nice job guys!
Old 01-30-2009, 06:58 PM

Unhappy I don't know...

Sorry, perry, but I like old kidpub better.... The new one seems.... bland, I guess. Can it be a little bit busier? Like, still display newest stories on the front page?

I like the menus, but it just seems so un-us. Like it doesn't really represent the real KP. It seems like it could just as well be a site for a corporate company.

I like it wordy, but I don't like it boring.... Can we have more colors? Stories in front?

Sorry for being harsh, but kp is close to home, you know?

-Martin Luther King Jr.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:04 PM

Exclamation Actually, wait!

I just read what it actually says there. I like the idea and the little menus. THe little-taste-of-everything thing seems cool.

Oh--one thing! I don't know if this'll be the case later, but I don't really like it when websites' side menus go down longer than the actual content on the page.

And I like the old color scheme here. Like with different colored letters in Kidpub title and the darker blue. Are you keeping the notebook format? Because I really love that.

Also, the switch from this kind of simple/sophisticated site to this really colorful writers block is kinda shocking. I don't know how you change that, but....

And I was checking out the "Press Room", and I saw all the other writing sites out there for kids. God, we are sooo lucky. All those other sites are loaded with graphics and stuff. My eyes were very, very happy to come back to kidpub. You treat us like writers, not like little "aw isn't that cute they like to write" kids. So, thank you!

-Martin Luther King Jr.

Last edited by iluvsports11; 01-30-2009 at 07:23 PM.
Old 01-30-2009, 07:21 PM

Question Well...........

Mmmmmmmm...... I don't know about the new site. It just seems...so different. I'd have to take some time to get used to it, and the regular KidPub site doesn't seem as dull as the "new" possible one. The colors aren't really...particularly my favorite. Sorry!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 PM
Administrator

We haven't started work on color yet. The colorful KidPub logo will be used, and we'll apply some color to menus and backgrounds.

Perry

Quote:
Originally Posted by writingcats View Post
Mmmmmmmm...... I don't know about the new site. It just seems...so different. I'd have to take some time to get used to it, and the regular KidPub site doesn't seem as dull as the "new" possible one. The colors aren't really...particularly my favorite. Sorry!
Old 01-30-2009, 07:39 PM

i like it though i dont like the "home"page, i like it when you go on kidpub or the new kidpub and the newest stories come up. But i like the colors and the design. it looks bigger too haha. i guess because its "less cluttered" When I first got on (like 5 mins ago) i totally hated it because i dont know it looked weird to my eyes. but now i'm kinda getting used to it...and i had trouble getting to the the "new" old kidpub...remember when it was a orange/red notebook? and one night the backgrounds kept changing haha that was funny. i think it just needs some just to get used to
Old 01-30-2009, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uzbekster View Post
i think it just needs some just to get used to
oopsies i meant "some time to get used to"
Old 01-30-2009, 07:47 PM

I like it okay. It's not the old kidpub, but it's nice.
Old 01-30-2009, 08:21 PM

Red face It's ok

I don't know. . . Will you still get to go on writers block? Will be still get to look at other peoples bio's? Can we still write to each other? Will everything stay the same? I've loved a lot of websites and some have burned down and are gone andddddddddddddddddddddddddd the ones that have stayed, have changed. . . and. . . I just don't want KidPub to be one of those websites. I mean It's not one, but i'm just saying that some things should remain the same whether we like it or not. I do like it. Really, I do. So I guess either way would be fine. Oh and sorry this letter might be kinda rude, but . . . I JUST DON'T KNOW!

Tags
lyall_areyel_was_here