Quantcast Write To Obama! - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2011, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Yeah, right. Bush got us into the Recession, and when Obama's attempts to bring us out (yeah, at least he tried, unlike those high-and-mighty republicans) fail, the repubs jeer when they've created this whole thing. They did it again just days ago with the debt deal. Republicans are bent on keeping the money for the rich businessmen so they always focus on reducing taxes. What was Bush's only claim "Now I'm not an economist but I know how to reduce taxes." (or something along those lines)

All republicans do is spend when they're rich. They can't negotiate, it's easy to see that even on KP, and they are stubborn about their incorrect beliefs. Honestly, I don't care about democrats or republicans, I wasn't "born" into either family. Bt what I can see is that democrats are tryin, and republicans whine.
Here is an article that I thought was very interesting.

JULY 14, 2011

U.S. Economy: It’s No Longer Bush’s Fault…

Let’s say, just for argument sake, the recession that began in 2008 was the fault of the previous administration. After all, the entire U.S. security apparatus had to be altered under his watch as a result of 9/11. The prior head of the Fed either was clueless or ignorant about the volume of sub prime mortgages, and kept interest rates overly low. Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac were able to stave off Bush attempts to privatize them, and led the U.S. down the path to excessive toxic debt. Nevertheless, let’s say the recession was George Bush’s personal fault and failure (even though I don’t think that).

Well, what we have today isn’t Bush’s fault. The fault for the current economy lies squarely at Barack Obama’s feet and no where else (except for perhaps Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, and Bart Stupak). These four individuals have in the span of 29 months created or contributed to more uncertainty, regulation, and chaos than at any time in history and in less time than ever before.

Pelosi goaded the President into a full court press on ObamaCare when he was convinced it was a lost cause. Stupak, the Northern Michigan Congressman, was coerced into voting for the package even though his personal convictions ran against it – he was the final holdout/straw that allowed passage of the bill “we have to pass to see what’s in it”. Reid is the Senate Majority leader.

Let’s understand something first. People increase their capital (they make money) by 1) investing and 2) hiring employees. In other words, those who have investments like business ownership, a 401(k) plan, or even real estate, increase the value of these assets in the two ways mentioned above. The U.S. possesses more investment capital than any other nation on earth. Why then do we have an unwillingness to invest and hire? This is precisely what we have when unemployment is quoted at 9.2% but is actually closer to 20%.

Second, if it isn’t already apparent, capital (money) is more easily moved than almost any other item. You need not load money into a ship’s container and send it out across the sea for a six week voyage to China. With an account number, bank routing number and an account name, anyone can send money to China, India, or Taiwan. China and India are (appropriately) worried about actual inflation, to the point where their Central Banks are raising interests rates (which will draw even more capital their way). The only reason people in the U.S. have a reason to worry about inflation is the fact that big sellers of gold currently advertise “risky inflation” more frequently than Coors and Bud Light sell beer and debauchery.

Obama, Pelosi, and Reid have damaged the economy during their watch by creating great uncertainty and double speak. We’ll deal with the latter first. How can you support illegal immigration on one hand and, on the other, say you are concerned about the wages of the middle class? Aside from the increased costs associated with illegals, the largest impact these folks have is driving wages down. Simple economics says if there is more work than workers, wages will have to rise. Out of one side of his mouth Obama claims to be concerned about the middle class, and out the other he does exactly what damages them to the greatest degree.

The uncertainty created is nothing short of ridiculous. When people make investments, they evaluate the payoff of that investment into the future. One of the variables in that calculation of expected profit is taxes. That’s right; people with capital consider the tax ramifications. When the future tax rate is known, it’s easy to determine what costs will be subtracted from any profit. When the future tax rate is not known, that calculation, which is already somewhat ambiguous because the profit rate is not known with certainty, is even more unknown. ObamaCare and all the other legislation this administration has passed increase taxes, but NO one knows by how much! THIS is the reason people are not hiring and it is the reason they are not investing…in the United States.

Rest assured people are still investing, but they are doing so in other countries…right G.E.? The Wall Street Journal reports “since this weakling rebound began in the middle of 2009 the U.S. has lost more than $200 billion in investment capital. That is the equivalent of about two million jobs that don't exist on these shores and are now located in places like China, Germany and India.” Let’s remember, Mr. Obama had been in office 5 months when the Middle of 2009 rolled around.

Consider further that investment capital deployment is forward looking. In other words, people invest based on what they expect to be an increase of value in the future. Based on the WSJ report quoted above, U.S. investors of every type have been moving money out of the U.S. since this president took office. This is a direct repudiation of the policies Mr. Obama has pursued and implemented since he took office.

Moreover, this is a direct, opposite result of what normally occurs after a recession starts. Money/capital normally flows to the nation experiencing recession due to reduced prices for assets. It is this normal, natural law, market function that draws nations out of recession – NOT government spending, known in propaganda parlaence as “stimulus” but known on Main Street by the term “colossal failure”.

When someone is seeking answers about financial dealings, “follow the money” is the process of determining the source and/or contributors to the issue. In the case of determining who has hosed the American economy, all that needs to be done is determine the timeline and then follow the money. The capital exit, and the jobs, left with Mr. Obama firmly at the wheel. How’s that for “change”?

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 08-03-2011, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by camikat View Post
Wonder what Obama's email is...O_o
mrprez2012@whthouse.com

Kidding!

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 09-12-2011, 11:15 PM

Obviously...

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-29-2012, 10:43 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon
Default Obama as a pen-pal

Having Obama as a pen-pal would be AMAZING! But, of course, he's very busy, with his presidency and everything... I think that he's a great leader.
Old 01-30-2012, 09:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tkingtiger View Post
You Are The Cleverest Communist In The World. I Hate You, Goodbye.
Ps Don't Tell The Fbi That I Said This
That is not how you express a sour opinion. The post four posts above this is.
Old 01-30-2012, 01:28 PM

Maybe it's don'tvoterepublican@obama.gov. xD

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-31-2012, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubloon View Post
That is not how you express a sour opinion. The post four posts above this is.
Um... he was banned from KidPub a long time ago.
Old 01-31-2012, 11:01 AM

Wow, he was banned?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-31-2012, 05:27 PM

Yep...the reign of Thomas the dictator. Happened a few months before I was on here, I think Gabi was here when it happened. Absolute chaos.

THAT'S ABSURD.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
Say that again.
YOU'RE ABSURD.
THAT'S ABSURD!

I wanna be at the House Cup Tournament.
I wanna be the Coolest Girl.
I wanna be a Starship Ranger.
I wanna be somebody's buddy.
But most of all, I wanna be at a Starkid concert!!
Old 01-31-2012, 05:33 PM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leia View Post
Yep...the reign of Thomas the dictator. Happened a few months before I was on here, I think Gabi was here when it happened. Absolute chaos.
And he insulted Muslims, correct?

What a bast*rd.
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"