Quantcast Weekly Reader Contest (National Contest!) - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Contests
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #11  
Old 12-09-2011, 06:26 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
O.O

Every Wednesday, our whole school sits in the gym around the candle in COMPLETE silence for half an hour. E_E Then we sing. o.o

We're a private, Quaker school. :3
We're a big, public school. Yayness. Every other Wednesday, we sit in our homerooms and talk about bullying (AKA "our problems"). We call this the therapy session.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 12-09-2011, 08:22 PM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,918
Default

What's school like? I can't imagine it, everyone has groups of friends... I dunno... why do I know nothing about the social life? I mean, I know I'm homeschooled, but... is it abnormal that I don't think that being close friends with twenty people is a good thing? I pour out all of my worries into ONE FRIEND, and she is amazing. How could anyone survive in a classroom with twenty people or more?
__________________



and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind



- I Found, by Amber Run
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 12-09-2011, 09:17 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
What's school like? I can't imagine it, everyone has groups of friends... I dunno... why do I know nothing about the social life? I mean, I know I'm homeschooled, but... is it abnormal that I don't think that being close friends with twenty people is a good thing? I pour out all of my worries into ONE FRIEND, and she is amazing. How could anyone survive in a classroom with twenty people or more?
Oh, trust me, you get used to it. I love having so many friends, 'cause there's something about each of them that I like. For example...

Emma - I've known her FOREVER so we can talk about anything.
Nicole - She has strong opinions.
Dana - She doesn't get involved with things and doesn't start fights.
Rebekah - She likes to laugh and is... I don't know... she's just such a good friend.
Liv - She's so much fun. And so talented. xD
Taiylor - She's INSANE. 8D
Jack - He's my cuz, and, ah, he's so... weird. ^_^
Nathaniel - He's a genius.
Shane - He's a genius, too.
Mason and Josh - They are so funny.

And etc...
Reply With Quote
  #14  
Old 12-10-2011, 08:53 AM
BlueMi BlueMi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Oh, trust me, you get used to it. I love having so many friends, 'cause there's something about each of them that I like. For example...

Emma - I've known her FOREVER so we can talk about anything.
Nicole - She has strong opinions.
Dana - She doesn't get involved with things and doesn't start fights.
Rebekah - She likes to laugh and is... I don't know... she's just such a good friend.
Liv - She's so much fun. And so talented. xD
Taiylor - She's INSANE. 8D
Jack - He's my cuz, and, ah, he's so... weird. ^_^
Nathaniel - He's a genius.
Shane - He's a genius, too.
Mason and Josh - They are so funny.

And etc...
My friends are like that too! :3 I be too lazy to list them now though. ^_^
Reply With Quote
  #15  
Old 12-10-2011, 09:43 AM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
My friends are like that too! :3 I be too lazy to list them now though. ^_^
Those aren't even all my friends. And I'm not even POPULAR. Oh well. You have a lot of friends when there are about 855 kids in your school.
Reply With Quote
  #16  
Old 12-10-2011, 09:48 AM
BlueMi BlueMi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 13,233
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Those aren't even all my friends. And I'm not even POPULAR. Oh well. You have a lot of friends when there are about 855 kids in your school.
Haha, I'm not really popular either. At a small school like mine, you know and are friends with everyone. ^.^
Reply With Quote
  #17  
Old 12-12-2011, 09:44 AM
TheMoonWakedWolf TheMoonWakedWolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: karl marx is my father
Posts: 17,106
Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
What's school like? I can't imagine it, everyone has groups of friends... I dunno... why do I know nothing about the social life? I mean, I know I'm homeschooled, but... is it abnormal that I don't think that being close friends with twenty people is a good thing? I pour out all of my worries into ONE FRIEND, and she is amazing. How could anyone survive in a classroom with twenty people or more?
I know I may be butting in, but, how did we get on this subject? ^_^

Yesh, like Lizzie said, you get used to it. There are plenty of times when you wish that certain people would be kicked out of the class, but that's just what you have to go through in public school.

Friend groups - well, friend groups can either be easy or tough.

People tend to travel in packs, (sometimes 2 people in a 'pack', sometimes 5, sometimes 10). That's where you have to be careful. If you want to belong, (er, if you feel like you belong), only to one friend group, then you'll tend to always travel in a pack. If you float from group to group, then you'll either travel alone or travel in a pack. If you don't have a friend group, then you're mostly alone.

It may seem complicated, (and frightening), at first, but trust me, if you know what's going on, then you'll be fine. My suggestion - find one to three friend groups to hang out with. It's more fun, it's more rewarding, and it'll help you along the way.
__________________
m i k e a r u b a
Reply With Quote
  #18  
Old 12-15-2011, 05:50 PM
LizzieS LizzieS is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Neverland
Posts: 5,648
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoonWakedWolf View Post
I know I may be butting in, but, how did we get on this subject? ^_^

Yesh, like Lizzie said, you get used to it. There are plenty of times when you wish that certain people would be kicked out of the class, but that's just what you have to go through in public school.

Friend groups - well, friend groups can either be easy or tough.

People tend to travel in packs, (sometimes 2 people in a 'pack', sometimes 5, sometimes 10). That's where you have to be careful. If you want to belong, (er, if you feel like you belong), only to one friend group, then you'll tend to always travel in a pack. If you float from group to group, then you'll either travel alone or travel in a pack. If you don't have a friend group, then you're mostly alone.

It may seem complicated, (and frightening), at first, but trust me, if you know what's going on, then you'll be fine. My suggestion - find one to three friend groups to hang out with. It's more fun, it's more rewarding, and it'll help you along the way.
Exactly. I think I'm in, ah... 2 or 3 friend groups. And how we got to this conversation... Pokey and I started talking about school, and then Esther came on, and yeah...
Reply With Quote
  #19  
Old 07-13-2012, 04:42 PM
RedPen RedPen is offline
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: US
Posts: 5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueMi View Post
Haha. XD That sounds awesome. My school is pretty small, so there are only like twenty kids in my grade and ten in my class, so everyone's pretty good friends. XD In Social Studies today, for a project, a friend of mine recorded everyone in my class playing "Ring Around the Rosie" (a VIOLENT song), then slowed it down and put it with music. It looked SO awesome.
That's SCARY. All of my schools had 1,000+ kids. This year in 6th grade we had around 400 kids and all of us got our own locker. Which is weird because the now-rising eighth graders had less than that and some had to share lockers... For our orchestra performance we ran out of parking space. Anyway, sorry if this is clogging or whatever because it's got nothing to do with the WR contest.
Reply With Quote
  #20  
Old 09-06-2012, 05:16 PM
Nightwalker Nightwalker is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 828
Default

In my school there's about a thousand students. Though that is VERY big in Ireland. Though it's really sucky at times, I like my school. I get along with everyone pretty well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:10 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.