Old 01-02-2012, 12:53 PM

I believe you!

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 01-02-2012, 01:55 PM

Location: Told a story about a man who was too afraid to fly so he never did land

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberLove View Post
It's not a scam. Just because there's no entrty fee and good prizes people are going to criticize it?

My teacher didn't give the link to me. I found Poetic Power ON my OWN. And guess what? I've entered. My poem was in there, AND I bought the book.

The book, yes, had thin pages and many poems on each page. But what do you expect? They are HELPING young writers. The poems were good. They were good. You can believe a bunch of people from a random website which seem to jumping to conclusion, or you can believe me.

It's not a scam.
It is a scam. My mom looked it up.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid. - CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow
Old 01-03-2012, 12:17 AM

It isn't a scam, although it might as well be. . .
http://donsavant.14.forumer.com/a/po...d_post139.html
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsiscool View Post
It is a scam. My mom looked it up.
How would you know? Have YOU entered?

Oh, oh, no, you're right. Your mom looked it up. You must be right.

I don't mean to be rude, but it's not.

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 01-08-2012, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
I believe you!
Thanks, Esther!

i post what my nipples want (leaving this here to show just how long it's been since I got on, holy crap.)
Old 01-08-2012, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spidersweb View Post
It isn't a scam, although it might as well be. . .
http://donsavant.14.forumer.com/a/po...d_post139.html
Thank youuuuuuuuuuu!

Old 01-09-2012, 02:52 PM

Location: Told a story about a man who was too afraid to fly so he never did land

Some highschooler entered and submitted a REALLY bad poem. He was execepted anyway. The book cost 40.00$.
Me? I'm dishonest, and a dishonest man you can always trust to be dishonest. Honestly. It's the honest ones you want to watch out for, because you can never predict when they're going to do something incredibly... stupid. - CAPTAIN Jack Sparrow
Old 01-09-2012, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeptemberLove View Post
It's not a scam. Just because there's no entrty fee and good prizes people are going to criticize it?

My teacher didn't give the link to me. I found Poetic Power ON my OWN. And guess what? I've entered. My poem was in there, AND I bought the book.

The book, yes, had thin pages and many poems on each page. But what do you expect? They are HELPING young writers. The poems were good. They were good. You can believe a bunch of people from a random website which seem to jumping to conclusion, or you can believe me.

It's not a scam.
I don't recall ever saying it was a scam. Only saying it was according to that website. It seems like you are the one jumping to a conclusion.

I know, I know, because I am so jealous of this contest. The cat's out of the bag, the only reason I brought up that another site said it was a scam was because I was so jealous of it, and not to help you be cautious of a potential threat.

Yeah, I that completely and fully. (Sorry if that sounded sarcastic, but I actually do believe that. There is no reason not to. Its hard on the internet to tell, but just take my word that I'm not mocking you, okay?)

The book, yes, had thin pages and many poems on each page. But what do you expect? They are HELPING young writers. The poems were good. They were good.
I "expect" my poem to actually get recognized for winning a contest, not put in some anthology that no one will read. I believe the poems were good, I do. It's the whole problem of whether or not that even means anything.

You can believe a bunch of people from a random website which seem to jumping to conclusion, or you can believe me.
You can make any alternative look better than another by just tweaking the truth a bit. Here is one with the roles reversed (I don't believe this at all, mind you

You can believe some kid from an amateur writing website or you can believe adults from a website where people actually know how publishing works.

My verdict: Poetic Power is not a scam (Don't hold against me that I said that, because I never did.) I would even view it as a positive thing, if you want to show your relatives and such. Alas, I want more than just that.

(Please completely disregard anything that you have your feelings hurt by in here. I tend to get a bit moody when I am expressing my opinion. Now reading over it ten minutes later it looks like I did get moody, and I'm to lazy to retype it, so sorry for that. I don't want to be a mea--actually, lets leave it at that. I don't want to seem insecure, either.)
Old 01-14-2012, 11:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by magsiscool View Post
Some highschooler entered and submitted a REALLY bad poem. He was execepted anyway. The book cost 40.00$.
There highschoolers. A really bad poem for them is probably the sae as a good poem for us. Did you see the poem?

Old 01-21-2012, 12:56 PM

This poem:

*"The Darkness of Life
*The darkness is closing, absorbing everything.
I am deep in a melancholy pit of misery.
But then the light comes.
Singing cherubs in a heavenly choir.
I know I'll make it through.
With the support of my friends and the cherubs.
Because I know I'm a good person.
Even if they say I'm not.
I believe in the power of dreams.
To alleviate the evils of life.
Why, oh why, must the would be so harsh. [sic]
Sucking the fun out of everything.
But I will persevere.
My heartstrings twang like an off-tempo harp.
Why must the world be so cruel and unforgiving to the innocent?
But as I gaze out my window, [sic] at the roiling storm clouds, I am at peace."

I would consider that a bad poem.

Tags
epic tag, poetry contest