Quantcast Portal NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-18-2012, 04:35 PM

Default Portal NES

This is based off the video game Portal, and no one's really made one yet, so yeah.

The story takes place before Chell, when a group of people were selected to test in the Aperture Science Enrichment Center. The testing chambers (1-19) are even more dangerous and action-packed than Chell's experience, since they weren't as tested before. So basically, more action and story and less headaches and thinking than the game.

Rules:
1) You are allowed to include GLaDOS's dialogue, as long as it is not out of character
2) You are allowed to make new dangers such as fire, toxic water, etc., since these are not the same testing chambers Chell was in. Mutant creatures/more robots are allowed. Think the Capitol from the Hunger Games, but in the Enrichment Center
3) Don't go overboard with it, though. And we don't meet GLaDOS until a long time after. But in the end, we're allowed to defeat GLaDOS, at least temporarily, and escape the Enrichment Center
4) Do not kill other characters without permission from the owner
5) There is a high death rate in this testing, so it's likely your character will die. Then you can control more deadly robots and try to kill other characters
6) Each character has a Handheld Portal device
7) The mood of this NES is freaky, detatched, deadpan but humorous, exciting, and psychologically damaging. Feel free to have your characters go slightly insane.
8) Your characters can eat mutant creatures that they kill (if they want to), but usually your characters do not eat and are hungry. In later levels, you can catch rats and bugs.
9) When testing is over, you will be baked (garbled) cake

Here's the character form:

Name:
History: (Requirement: He/she must've worked at Aperture Science before, or his/her relatives/parents did.)
Personality: (Requirement: Must be a 'normal, everyday' sort of person. Not a psychopath or a cancer patient. However, you can become a bit 'insane' in the future.)
Appearance:
Clothing: (Requirement: Must wear an orange jumpsuit, but you can add little differences to it.)
Items: (Requirement: Handheld Portal device. Please, no lasers and shotguns. Just little stuff that could be found around the testing chambers.)

(By the way, the writing on the wall is still there, if our characters need any help.)

Here's my character form:

Name: Kit Kennedy
History: (Requirement: He/she must've worked at Aperture Science before, or his/her relatives/parents did.) Her uncle worked at the Aperture Science Center, which was why she was selected to be tested
Personality: (Requirement: Must be a 'normal, everyday' sort of person. Not a psychopath or a cancer patient. However, you can become a bit 'insane' in the future.) Bold, clear, and determined, although under pressure, she often feels panicked to do something
Appearance: Straight light brown hair to her shoulders, spiky at the edges, bangs across her forehead, tan skin (turned pale from lack of sunlight), wiry, athletic frame
Clothing: (Requirement: Must wear an orange jumpsuit, but you can add little differences to it if you like. You must also have the Aperture Science heel springs) An orange jumpsuit and the Aperture Science heel springs, of course.
Items: (Requirement: Handheld Portal device. Please, no lasers and shotguns. Just little stuff that could be found around the testing chambers.) The Handheld Portal device, *to be added on later*

Wow, that was long. Please join! I sincerely hope this NES will continue to stay alive.
Old 06-18-2012, 04:57 PM

**fistpump* I love Portal. Can Wheatley be there?*

Name: Marta Lake
History: Taken there by her father on Bring Your Daughter to Work Day (XD, and yes, that does exist. They reference it in the first and you see it in the 2nd.) when she was ten and made a potato plant. :3 Father went back to work and forgot her. She got lost and GlaDos found her to raise her to be in top condition when she could be tested.
Personality: Ignorant, athletic--remember, she's been trained since she was ten--book-smart, but doesn't understand that Aperature is not a good place.
Appearance: Stringy red hair, freckles and pale skin, average height, toned muscles.
Clothing: She left her jumpsuit be, because GlaDos liked it better that way.
Items: Companion Cube. Carries it everywhere.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 06-18-2012, 05:00 PM

*I don't think Wheatley should be in there because this was before Portal and Portal 2, but it's mostly geared toward the first game. Thanks for joining!*
Old 06-18-2012, 05:02 PM

*I haven't played Portal. Can I have like a summary?*

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-18-2012, 05:12 PM

*The protagonist of the game is Chell, who has to go through a bunch of 'testing chambers' where they test portal guns and stuff. (How portals work: ex. you shoot a blue portal in one room and an orange portal in the other. You walk through the blue portal and come out the orange portal in the other room.) She's alone, and guided by GLaDOS through a speaker system, and she is promised cake at the end of the test. Several times, GLaDOS, the main antagonist, tries to kill Chell. And then at last, all the tests are over and then 'cake will be served'. And then she tries to burn you, and you escape that. And eventually, you try to kill her by throwing her seperate parts into an incinerator. A lovely game.*
Old 06-18-2012, 05:13 PM

*Oh, and I forgot to mention that GLaDOS is a robot and the only friend you have in that game is the Companion Cube, which you have to kill.*
Old 06-18-2012, 05:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to TheMoonWakedWolf

GASP! YES! 8D

Name: Curtis Parthel
History: His uncle worked at Aperture as a scientist and suggested Curtis be a tester, so he went for it.
Personality: Extremely shy and afraid of people, yet doesn't fear stupidly dangerous things like demented killer robots. Eventually goes insane.
Appearance: Short-ish straight black hair, sturdy build, tan, dark brown eyes.
Clothing: The usual orange jumpsuit. Nothin' else.
Items: Portal gun and small, shattered piece of glass he keeps in his sleeve in case someone tries attacking him. (OH, and Companion Cube. 8D)
Old 06-18-2012, 05:49 PM

Name: Ople
History: (Requirement: He/she must've worked at Aperture Science before, or his/her relatives/parents did.) Grandfather did, but she didn't know about it.
Personality: (Requirement: Must be a 'normal, everyday' sort of person. Not a psychopath or a cancer patient. However, you can become a bit 'insane' in the future.) Grim, determined, doesn't talk if she can help it.
Appearance: Long, curly brown hair and black almond eyes. Glasses.
Clothing: (Requirement: Must wear an orange jumpsuit, but you can add little differences to it.) She has a habit of picking at it, so it has scratches all over it.
Items: (Requirement: Handheld Portal device. Please, no lasers and shotguns. Just little stuff that could be found around the testing chambers.) Handheld portal device, and extremely long and sharp nails that she can use as weapons.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-18-2012, 06:06 PM

*Are five people enough?*
Old 06-18-2012, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
*Are five people enough?*
*I think so.*
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."

Tags
cave johnson here..., companion cube <3, glados+wheatly=potatos, i don wan ur damn lmns!, she's watching, testing will begin proper, the cake is a lie, your face is a lie!