Quantcast The Forest of the Clan NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-06-2012, 10:19 AM

Default The Forest of the Clan NES

You freaking asked for this, Lauren, Mary. This is so awkward. >_<

KK, yet another totally random crappy fantasy NES. Wahoo wahoo. Oh, and this is like medieval times. :P

Alright, story plot. My baby sister is looking at the screen with morbid intrest.

The rumor is that the forest is haunted, among the commoners. Women and children are forbidden from going near it, and young men just watch the outside with curiosity. If they get too curious, sometimes they venture inside, despite the sign with Enter and Die written on it in seven languages.

Nobody who goes in comes out.

However, the clan did make a treaty with the first king of these parts. They promised to warn any further kings and keep them out of the forest without killing them to the best of their ability. But the king was not to wage war on the forest. This treaty could only take place once. They would only warn him and keep him away once, and he was free (though not advised) to attempt an attack after that. Part of the warning was to bring him into the forest and show him their forces. They were not strong in numbers, but they were inpenatrable in skills.

Not every king obeyed.

So when the children of the clan were thirteen, the witches created a great magic to reveal their personalities. They were separated into eight groups.

The Scouts: Nothing could stop them. They were fast, nimble, and brave. They liked a good bit of adventure. They were the ones who warned the kings. They patrolled the borders and took messages around the forest (not in the main village- that was the job of Messengers). They usually carried a long knife or a pair of twin daggers with them.

The Warriors: Strong, the warriors took action when something was wrong. They fought to the death, and they fought for the ones they loved. You didn't mess with a warrior, but they made the best friends. They used normally either an axe or a long sword.

The Healers: These were often considered the weaklings. But they had the ability to love, and that surpassed any other ability. They worked hard, and they were patient, and they were brave, and sweet. If there was a battle, it was not uncommon to see the healers in the midst of the bloodshed, helping the wounded with no thought for themselves. They used herbs and potions, and although they carried a knife for surgery, they never defended themselves against any foe.

The Witches: These were the cunning ones, with a bit of maliciousness in them. They had no remorse, and nobody wanted to mess with a witch. It took a lot of patience to befriend a witch. Their weapon is a staff.

The Hunters: These got the food for the clan, and lived outside, like the scouts. They generally crept in the undergrowth, or else they stayed in a tree. Their method was to be still for long hours on end, until something came their way. Just one of their arrows, dipped in poison, could kill an elephant with a shot to the skull. They were patient, cunning, and absolutely silent. It was debated whether they really had a magic about them that made them impossible to detect. If an army came through, first they had to get through the hunters and the scouts. They used bows and arrows.

The Scholars: These were the booklearners, the literate. They knew many deep things of science and magic. Long hours would they spend, searching the great library, talking to creatures of the deep, writing down all they learned. They were immensely intelligent, hardworking, and just all-around smart. To defend themselves in an emergency, they usually carried a small knife.

The Messangers: The Messangers carried news around the main village, and took news from scouts to report when the scouts were in a hurry. They loved people, and they loved to talk. They had amazing memories, and could rattle off a message in no time. They were chattery, cheerful, and rather annoying- but they were always ready to be friends.

The Leaders: There were four minor leaders and one clan leader. The four minors took care of the people of the Underground, Undergrowth, Treetops, and the Lake. All up for claim.

Um... oh, and I got this idea from a dress up game *cringe cringe* so if you want me to make your character, I can.

Name:
Role:
Looks:
Weapon (if any):
Personality:
Other:
Make you?:

And... I think I got everything.

Name: Ople
Role: Scout
Looks: Medium small, dark green eyes, golden brown hair in a ponytail.
Weapon (if any): A long, curved knife that she keeps in her belt.
Personality: Very fast, perseveres through pretty much anything, lives mostly in trees, loves rain, has a big mouth, annoys the hell out of most of her friends.
Other:
Make you?: Sure.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2012, 10:23 AM

Me.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2012, 10:30 AM

You're a genius, so I trust you.

Name: Juliet
Role: Scholar
Looks: Shorter, dark hair that is always in a braid that goes to the middle of her back, grey eyes.
Weapon (if any): Small dagger with polished wood handle.
Personality: Quiet, prefers curling up and studying books for hours than to rush off to adventure, reads a lot, good memory, very loyal to her friends, willing to approach danger for her friends.
Other:
Make you?: Yes please.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 07-06-2012, 10:36 AM

By the way, do you like blue, green, or orange better?

And they didn't have a braid, so maybe she clipped it up?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2012, 10:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
By the way, do you like blue, green, or orange better?

And they didn't have a braid, so maybe she clipped it up?
Green is the best. And yeah, sure she could have clipped it up.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 07-06-2012, 10:41 AM

Kay.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2012, 10:50 AM

That's AWESOME. We need to get more people to join this though.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 07-06-2012, 10:51 AM

K. Both Lauren and Mary wanted me to make this, so they should join.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2012, 11:07 AM

C.T is viewing this thread. 8D

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-06-2012, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
You freaking asked for this, Lauren, Mary. This is so awkward. >_<

KK, yet another totally random crappy fantasy NES. Wahoo wahoo. Oh, and this is like medieval times. :P

Alright, story plot. My baby sister is looking at the screen with morbid intrest.

The rumor is that the forest is haunted, among the commoners. Women and children are forbidden from going near it, and young men just watch the outside with curiosity. If they get too curious, sometimes they venture inside, despite the sign with Enter and Die written on it in seven languages.

Nobody who goes in comes out.

However, the clan did make a treaty with the first king of these parts. They promised to warn any further kings and keep them out of the forest without killing them to the best of their ability. But the king was not to wage war on the forest. This treaty could only take place once. They would only warn him and keep him away once, and he was free (though not advised) to attempt an attack after that. Part of the warning was to bring him into the forest and show him their forces. They were not strong in numbers, but they were inpenatrable in skills.

Not every king obeyed.

So when the children of the clan were thirteen, the witches created a great magic to reveal their personalities. They were separated into eight groups.

The Scouts: Nothing could stop them. They were fast, nimble, and brave. They liked a good bit of adventure. They were the ones who warned the kings. They patrolled the borders and took messages around the forest (not in the main village- that was the job of Messengers). They usually carried a long knife or a pair of twin daggers with them.

The Warriors: Strong, the warriors took action when something was wrong. They fought to the death, and they fought for the ones they loved. You didn't mess with a warrior, but they made the best friends. They used normally either an axe or a long sword.

The Healers: These were often considered the weaklings. But they had the ability to love, and that surpassed any other ability. They worked hard, and they were patient, and they were brave, and sweet. If there was a battle, it was not uncommon to see the healers in the midst of the bloodshed, helping the wounded with no thought for themselves. They used herbs and potions, and although they carried a knife for surgery, they never defended themselves against any foe.

The Witches: These were the cunning ones, with a bit of maliciousness in them. They had no remorse, and nobody wanted to mess with a witch. It took a lot of patience to befriend a witch. Their weapon is a staff.

The Hunters: These got the food for the clan, and lived outside, like the scouts. They generally crept in the undergrowth, or else they stayed in a tree. Their method was to be still for long hours on end, until something came their way. Just one of their arrows, dipped in poison, could kill an elephant with a shot to the skull. They were patient, cunning, and absolutely silent. It was debated whether they really had a magic about them that made them impossible to detect. If an army came through, first they had to get through the hunters and the scouts. They used bows and arrows.

The Scholars: These were the booklearners, the literate. They knew many deep things of science and magic. Long hours would they spend, searching the great library, talking to creatures of the deep, writing down all they learned. They were immensely intelligent, hardworking, and just all-around smart. To defend themselves in an emergency, they usually carried a small knife.

The Messangers: The Messangers carried news around the main village, and took news from scouts to report when the scouts were in a hurry. They loved people, and they loved to talk. They had amazing memories, and could rattle off a message in no time. They were chattery, cheerful, and rather annoying- but they were always ready to be friends.

The Leaders: There were four minor leaders and one clan leader. The four minors took care of the people of the Underground, Undergrowth, Treetops, and the Lake. All up for claim.

Um... oh, and I got this idea from a dress up game *cringe cringe* so if you want me to make your character, I can.

Name: Banshee
Role: Hunter, but is slightly interested in books.
Looks: Straggly black hair, sort of like a banshee. Amber eyes, gaunt frame...yeah.
Weapon (if any): THROWING KNIVES!
Personality: Shy-ish (meh, just anti-social), sly, likes to be on her own. Awkward on the ground, but surprisingly agile on trees.
Other: Likes muddy forest pools and dunking into them in summer. Is interested in Mythology. Is name Banshee because she cried like one when she was born. Both parents were witches. If they were only feminine, then make her father a Scholar who had mistakenly married her mother.
Make you?: YUS.

And... I think I got everything.

Name: Ople
Role: Scout
Looks: Medium small, dark green eyes, golden brown hair in a ponytail.
Weapon (if any): A long, curved knife that she keeps in her belt.
Personality: Very fast, perseveres through pretty much anything, lives mostly in trees, loves rain, has a big mouth, annoys the hell out of most of her friends.
Other:
Make you?: Sure.
I didn't tell you to make this; I just implied it.
I filled up the empty form up in the quoting box. No highlighting on my iPod