Quantcast Birthdays - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-07-2014, 04:27 PM

Default Birthdays

So, does anybody have a birthday coming up?
Need help planning a party?
Psst. Mah b-day is twenty days away.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Old 04-07-2014, 06:45 PM

I got a big order of clothes for myself as a birthday present this year (because I got a divorce announcement last year) and, even though I payed for it and it was nowhere near my birthday yet, I'm super excited because it's going to be here any day! Happy birthday to me! I also got some really nice gifts from my lovely Lolita friend (even though she lives really far away) so I'm working up a "thank you" package full of pretty things for her! Gifts aren't just about getting!

I was also planning on baking cupcakes for some of my classmates, but we might be out of school that day, so I'm not sure if I will anymore. TTuTT Anyways, this year, at least I know that I can give me a good birthday. Gosh, that sounds lonely...

Last edited by CosmoCat; 04-07-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 07:37 PM

My birthday is far away, but I need ideas for the party. I'm a girl and am in the age group of 8-12.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:23 PM

I'm turning 12 on April 27th.
I can't wait!

You see?"

Old 04-07-2014, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparklez5858 View Post
My birthday is far away, but I need ideas for the party. I'm a girl and am in the age group of 8-12.
I once had a gardening party (since my birthday is in the spring) so maybe you could invite friends over and plant flowers, decorate flower pots, and have an outdoor picnic. This is especially fun if you have somewhere to run and play like a park or a playground. Maybe plan some sports or lazy activities you can do outdoors!

You could also have a tea party with tiny little sandwiches, lots and lots and lots of cookies, and iced tea or lemonade in place of real tea (because girls your age probably won't like it. I don't even drink it that much unless my big sister makes it with honey, sugar, and milk). You could buy little small hats to decorate (doll hats and alligator clips can be found at stores with crafting supplies. Flowers, fake berries, butterflies, miniature birds, and ribbons are some good decorations you could use). Have everyone come dressed in their fancy clothes and maybe hand out some cheap fans (we have a place where plastic fans with embroidered flowers and lace are only a dollar, but I think you can order them online). Weather permitting, you could set up your tea party outside, but inside works too. Historical games or picture taking could come after that, but that's about all I can suggest for that one.

Another idea is (obviously) a sleepover, but you could turn it into a movie night. Pick some of your favorite movies, come up with trivia games, take pictures of everyone in their pajamas using sunglasses and a cheap rug for a "red carpet premeire", and you could also get a cheap air popper for unflavored popcorn. Have your parents look for some toppings recepies (like cinammon sugar or a sweet cocoa powder mix) so everyone can flavor their own bags of pop corn! For a fun game, write down the names of movies that everyone has watched (ask them for suggestions so everyone can play) and draw the names out of a hat/pillow case/basket/popcorn bag. Go in a circle and either (A) change the ending of the story to how you would like it and see what happens. Or (B) act out a scene in the story like you would with charades (no talking! This is a great way to practice your acting skills!) Or (C) sing a song or recite some quotes from the movie while the other players try to guess what it is. Pretty much, think of a bunch of movies and get people to guess the correct one (which you can do in a lot of different ways. You could draw the characters, you could name some of the actors in it, etc.)

Another thing you could do is have a make-over party. Tell everyone to bring some dress-up/fancy clothes, do each others nails, get a bunch of cheap bows and hair ties to give each other different hair dos, have some adults help you get sparkly lip gloss and some blush for make up (I guess you could use eye shadow if you really have to, but it's probably not a good idea to get a bunch of cheap powdery stuff in your eyes, especially if someone is allergic), and (finally) set up a photoshoot! I'm sure you could go outside or set up a sheet somewhere inside to act as a background while you and your friends put on some sunglasses and feather boas while posing for the camera. You can have a parent take pictures and, for a craft idea, decorate some cheap picture frames with glamour/model/make-up themed stickers (scrapbook stickers are probably your best bet for something specific like that. You can look for them in most craft stores) or even feathers and glitter glue! And with all of your parties, maybe have some music playing! But not too loud or nobody will be able to chat.

I know I went overboard with this, but I just couldn't help it! ^_^ I hope you have good birthday, no matter what it is you do. Oooh! What about a baking party! XD Never mind, I don't wanna get into that...an art party would be fun too. Ah! I can't stop!

Last edited by CosmoCat; 04-07-2014 at 08:31 PM.
Old 04-07-2014, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athenabrain1 View Post
I'm turning 12 on April 27th.
I can't wait!
Cool! Happy Almost Your Birthday!
Old 04-07-2014, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
Cool! Happy Almost Your Birthday!
Thanksies!

You see?"

Old 11-22-2014, 01:54 AM

Anyone know what to do for sixteenth birthday?

Anyone else find it weird when you turn certain ages. When I was young, sixteen seemed so old...and now I'm turning that in a few months.
Old 11-22-2014, 06:00 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Had my birthday exactly a week ago.... Celebrating it tomorrow though going to a concert ;-; so excited

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 11-22-2014, 06:25 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Anyone know what to do for sixteenth birthday?

Anyone else find it weird when you turn certain ages. When I was young, sixteen seemed so old...and now I'm turning that in a few months.
I literally played twister and innuendo bingo with my friends...not at the same time - although, now you mention it...

SEVENTEENTH BIRTHDAY PLANNED.

Tags
aging, alice is le birthdaygirl!, birthday, congrats!, happy birthday, i <3 birthday pubber, i'm so old!!!, parties