Quantcast Revive Writer's Block - Page 6 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub News
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-06-2020, 10:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
wait that sounds really interesting. how does the video game portion work?
Oh it's pretty fun! There are 3 android characters that you get to "play as" or control, and you get to guide them and help them through their journey You get to pick their dialogue prompts (haha sometimes the prompts are super vague and unhelpful) and do this Quick-Time Events (abbreviated QTEs) in combat or when fleeing. The three protagonists are: (MASSIVE SPOILERS SO I'LL TURN THE TEXT WHITE, HIGHLIGHT IT TO SEE IT)

-Markus, an android caretaker for a paraplegic artist. Throughout his life Markus been treated more or less as a person and, upon realizing he is sentient and going against orders, starts a revolution to set his people free. Whether he's a peaceful leader or a violent one, you get to pick, and either way he'll take Detroit by storm.
-Kara, an android housekeeper for a human disaster (and not in a good way) realizes he is abusing his daughter and breaks her code in order to save her. Kara and Alice are two lost girls trying to find their way to safety while Markus's revolution stirs things up around them.
-Connor, an android detective loaned by Cyberlife, the company that makes androids, to the Detroit police department for the express purpose of apprehending/deactivating/stopping deviants and studying deviancy and its causes. His partnership with the hardboiled, depressed Lieutenant Anderson has a profound effect on him, and you the player get to pick whether he goes against his code and helps Markus win the day, or whether he 'remains a machine' and fights Markus till one of them dies.

-i found, amber run
Old 12-08-2020, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
Oh it's pretty fun! There are 3 android characters that you get to "play as" or control, and you get to guide them and help them through their journey You get to pick their dialogue prompts (haha sometimes the prompts are super vague and unhelpful) and do this Quick-Time Events (abbreviated QTEs) in combat or when fleeing. The three protagonists are: (MASSIVE SPOILERS SO I'LL TURN THE TEXT WHITE, HIGHLIGHT IT TO SEE IT)

-Markus, an android caretaker for a paraplegic artist. Throughout his life Markus been treated more or less as a person and, upon realizing he is sentient and going against orders, starts a revolution to set his people free. Whether he's a peaceful leader or a violent one, you get to pick, and either way he'll take Detroit by storm.
-Kara, an android housekeeper for a human disaster (and not in a good way) realizes he is abusing his daughter and breaks her code in order to save her. Kara and Alice are two lost girls trying to find their way to safety while Markus's revolution stirs things up around them.
-Connor, an android detective loaned by Cyberlife, the company that makes androids, to the Detroit police department for the express purpose of apprehending/deactivating/stopping deviants and studying deviancy and its causes. His partnership with the hardboiled, depressed Lieutenant Anderson has a profound effect on him, and you the player get to pick whether he goes against his code and helps Markus win the day, or whether he 'remains a machine' and fights Markus till one of them dies.
ohh i see! it's cool how players choose the actions of the characters. i may have read the spoilers (whoops hehe) but I will still look into it!

Sometimes you need to stop flapping your wings and soar
Old 12-10-2020, 11:49 AM

Thumbs up

Hey guys... There was 33 guests on at 10:35, 57 at 10:37, and 38 at 10:45. Is that a record of guests? I don't know.
Old 12-10-2020, 12:42 PM

Quote:
ohh i see! it's cool how players choose the actions of the characters. i may have read the spoilers (whoops hehe) but I will still look into it!
ahahaha, i always read the spoilers. no judgement here. detroit's a pretty cool game! warnings for swearing (Lt. Anderson's got a potty mouth) and Slightly Inappropriate Content though

-i found, amber run
Old 12-10-2020, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olivinat View Post
Hey guys... There was 33 guests on at 10:35, 57 at 10:37, and 38 at 10:45. Is that a record of guests? I don't know.
check a/n. throwback to the creepy guests from a few years ago

-i found, amber run
Old 12-10-2020, 01:25 PM

Thumbs up

Do you like my new name-Ryoko?
It means one who has the power of snake and dragon
Old 12-10-2020, 09:09 PM

Quote:
that sounds very interesting! abt the guests, sometimes there will randomly be soooo many guests on! it makes me wonder.. are they real people or is it some type of glitch??
on wb you can see exactly what the guests are viewing though lol

edit: I'm trying to remember how you can see what the guests are viewing but I can't
edit #2: nvm you can! it shows how many guests are viewing each forum next to the forum name

Last edited by alemye10; 12-10-2020 at 09:16 PM.
Old 12-10-2020, 09:23 PM

AHHHH OMG I just found the old Descendants NES and I'm literally cringing soooo bad at my writing and interactions
it was my first nes and I didn't realize I was supposed to control JUST my characters. so I remember writing for someone else's (I think it might've been Ena's) and whoever it was got sooooooo mad lol but I think it's deleted now
this is my problem HAHAHAHA i cringe at everything I did at the past (but doesn't everyone lol)

Old 12-11-2020, 01:37 AM

Quote:
I love it. I know I already said on a/n but i really think this name is gonna stick, i have a good feeling about it

-i found, amber run
Old 12-11-2020, 01:38 AM

Quote:
AHHHH OMG I just found the old Descendants NES and I'm literally cringing soooo bad at my writing and interactions
it was my first nes and I didn't realize I was supposed to control JUST my characters. so I remember writing for someone else's (I think it might've been Ena's) and whoever it was got sooooooo mad lol but I think it's deleted now
this is my problem HAHAHAHA i cringe at everything I did at the past (but doesn't everyone lol)
y e s everyone does!! and i'm sure i'd rather younger you *attempt* to interact and do poorly so that you may do better later rather than never trying at all :P

upon your younger self's cringe is built your grace.

-i found, amber run

Tags
!hey-there-guys!, ryoko