Quantcast A never ending story. I'm not sure what to call it - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2012, 09:30 PM

Arrow A never ending story. I'm not sure what to call it

Once upon a time, a girl wandered into the woods behind her house. She was running away from her horrible parents. She is quite young and is still not quite sure what she is doing.
When she is a mile into the woods, she...
Old 08-15-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Read_Write View Post
Once upon a time, a girl wandered into the woods behind her house. She was running away from her horrible parents. She is quite young and is still not quite sure what she is doing.
When she is a mile into the woods, she...
gets scared witless. Behind her, a flash of lightning slices the dark sky. The roll of thunder can be heard in the distance. The girl finds a cave nearby and settles into it for shelter from the thunderstorm.
Old 08-16-2012, 12:14 AM

The cave is cold and bare, but it is deep and provides refuge from the rain and lightning. It does not, however, provide refuge from the cold, stinging wind that invades it. The girl has nothing with her except for the T-shirt, jeans, and thin sweater she has on. It isn't nearly warm enough, not to mention she doesn't have any food.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 08-16-2012, 11:44 AM

She groans thinking about the fresh bought biscuits in the cupboard. If she was home she could just reach in and grab one when her parents wheren't looking but now, she had nothing. But still being a stubborn and detirminded little girl she stayed right where she was. She curled up into a ball and rested her on the back of her hands waiting hungrily for the storm and the night to pass.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Suddenly, the cave is immersed in electric blue light. A jolt runs down her spine and a picture bursts into her view. She sees a potrait of her parents - her real parents, not these retched ones who had adopted her. They were smiling, but in their eyes the girl could see pure greif. A glistening tear ran down her mother's cheek. Then the picture vanished and she was seeing the wall o the cave again.

Panting, she wondered why she was not dead. She had been struck by lightning! Wouldn't she feel pain at the least? And why had she seen her parents?
Old 08-16-2012, 01:10 PM

She wakes up and finds the sun shining. She didn't know she had fallen asleep. The young girl crawled out of the cave. She was hungry, thirsty, and cold. She shivered. She saw a deer grazing in the grass. She slowly walked to the deer.
"Hi, deer. My name is Cinnamon, because that's what I look like. Deer, you gave me a wonderful idea. I shall hunt. I just don't know how."

Last edited by Read_Write; 08-16-2012 at 01:18 PM.
Old 08-16-2012, 01:53 PM

But the girl would learn. She didn't know quite how she would, but she knew if she wanted food this was a way to get it.
they'd lead me to y o u
Old 08-16-2012, 03:25 PM

The girl wandered around the woods. She never went too far away from the cave. Even though she got struck by lightning in the cave, she still liked it. It was now her home.
The girl studied every sign of movement in that forest. She wanted to know what there was, just in case it was important.
She was moving slowly. She was very weak. The girl was very lucky she did not need a doctor from the strike. After a few minutes of walking North, she came across a blackberry bush. If Cinnamon was fighting against nature, she just won. She had two kinds of food now.
She ate some berries, then set of for some strong vines and branches.
Old 08-16-2012, 04:59 PM

Cinnamon heard soft footsteps in the distance. They were heavy enough to belong to a human being about her size. Frightened, she ran back into her cave and hid. The footsteps got closer... closer... and finally they entered the cave. Cinnamon was still curled up in a ball in the back of the cave, shaking with fear.
"Finally," said a calm voice from the entrance of the cave. "Another human!"
Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Cinnamon shrieked, alarmed by the voice, but quieted as a boy about her age appeared at the mouth of the cave.
"Who are you?" She said in a soft, quiet voice.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday