Quantcast The Rant About What you're Writing Thread. - Page 19 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-11-2015, 10:27 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Ugh I love Failure tho
Not that sort of failure MY CHARACTER Failure.

1. Her mother is literally Fortuna, the goddess of luck
2. She absorbed her twin sister Success and so has the right hand of Success and can raise people up with it
3. HER LEFT HAND IS PRETTY MUCH NOPE
4. She uses these powers to be a trickster god. She could do so much...aaaand she just makes kids drop ice-creams and drives people into the paths of buses on occasion.
5. FAILURE, MAN, FAILURE. LIKE THINGS NEVER TURN OUT WELL FOR HER BECAUSE SHE IS THE EMBODIMENT OF FAILURE SHE'S A WALKING DISASTER WHO NEEDS HUGS.

Failure.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:11 AM

I'm working on a high fantasy YA book with my aunt, and we've been plotting and building the world for about two years--or more--now. There is much magic and such fantasy things. I have been listening to a lot of Brandon Sanderson writing lectures and they've really helped. Not just for high fantasy, but on writing in general.
Old 06-18-2015, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
Ugh I love Failure tho
Not that sort of failure MY CHARACTER Failure.

1. Her mother is literally Fortuna, the goddess of luck
2. She absorbed her twin sister Success and so has the right hand of Success and can raise people up with it
3. HER LEFT HAND IS PRETTY MUCH NOPE
4. She uses these powers to be a trickster god. She could do so much...aaaand she just makes kids drop ice-creams and drives people into the paths of buses on occasion.
5. FAILURE, MAN, FAILURE. LIKE THINGS NEVER TURN OUT WELL FOR HER BECAUSE SHE IS THE EMBODIMENT OF FAILURE SHE'S A WALKING DISASTER WHO NEEDS HUGS.

Failure.
I want to read this.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-18-2015, 02:17 PM

WOULD YOU READ THIS????

emma, the main protagonist, is kicked out of her house in an unexpected turn of events, so her distant yet filthy rich family friend takes her in. the family friend has two kids: kia (who's emma's age) and jack (who's like nine). after living with them for the whole summer vacation, emma slowly falls in love with kia and it's heartbreakingly one-sided.

despite this, kia continually warns emma about the dangers of the prestigious boarding school they are to attend in the fall. however, soon after kia discloses this information, she goes missing and is completely untraceable. emma is devastated yet recovers quickly, but she never moves on. she's desperate to figure out where kia went, but there's so little evidence that she can't even start investigating, so she enrolls in school despite kia's previous precautions.

this is a really fancy all-girls boarding school and not the sort of place emma, who was born in a lower-middle-class family, would expect to fit in, but she makes quite a few friends. one of them is a girl named kadie, who she's especially drawn to bc she reminds her of kia in a way. just as everyone gets settled in, an earthquake nearly demolishes the school, which is barely kept intact despite the laws of physics and stuff saying that the school should be only a pile of rubble. more strange magic-ish things happen, and it's strangely similar to what kia warned emma about. there's still no information on kia's whereabouts.

and that is all i have in terms of plot

Last edited by meerkat; 06-18-2015 at 03:56 PM.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

I'm writing a really emotional scene right now and actually dying so (the depressing music really doesn't help)
Old 06-27-2015, 02:08 PM

So my flute teacher is really forgetful and has a few things that she asks me or tells me EVERY SINGLE lesson, and she always tells me about a book that her one student recommended to her called Life as We Know It. For the past few lessons, she always asks me if I've heard of it and if I've read it and I'm always like speechless when she asks me this question because I've never read a book by that title but it's so FAMILIAR to me, and I just realized why. I'm WRITING a book called Life as I Know it. I get nervous in my mind because I'm thinking that she's reading my book. What the hell, brain?

Azure

Indigo

Cerulean

Cobalt

Periwinkle

And suddenly the blue will not seem so dark, more like the color of the noon-bright sky."

--The Realm of Possibility by David Levithan
Old 06-29-2015, 04:29 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

just hit the quarter mark of my story (46,000 words) and I've been writing it for two-three months so yaay
Old 07-01-2015, 08:57 AM

Location: Where else would I be besides the Gryffindor common room?
Talking Read Now Or Die!

WEREWOLVES AND VAMPIRES AND... humans. READ MY BOOK NOW OR U REGRET IT! And comment on them toooooo! Link is in my Sig.
He cries to the moon, “if only if only.”

If only, if only, the moon speaks no reply;
Reflecting the sun and all that’s gone by.
Be strong my weary wolf, turn around boldly.
Fly high, my baby bird, my angel, my only.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:57 AM

omfg xemma tho

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-01-2015, 12:02 PM

spoilersssss
i DON'T WANT KIA TO DIE BUT I MIGHT HAVE TO
OH SHOOT THIS IS JESSE WATSON ALL OVER AGAIN EXCEPT HIS DEATH WAS SO MUCH EASIER TO WRITE BC HE DIDN'T HAVE AS MUCH CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT AS KIA AND I JUST DON'T WANT TO KILL OFF MY PRECIOUS JUDGMENTAL CINNAMON ROLL BUT I THINK I MIGHT NEED TO

Tags
ahhh characters, butterfly, cool people are cool, dude, fuck pence as well, fuck trump, fuck trump 2, fuck trump 3, hot people are hot, luna was here, nerdy people are cool, pooh people are pooh