Quantcast Summer Murder Mystery NES - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2019, 05:56 PM

Default Summer Murder Mystery NES

Hey guys, Luna here! So I was bored and since there is very little activity on this forum (or really on the WB at all tbh) these days I tried to think of something to hopefully liven it up a bit! So my idea is this:

A group of friends are on a trip for summer break together, celebrating that school is finally over for the year when suddenly one of them goes missing. As more of them slowly begin to disappear, they must figure out who the killer is and stop them before it's too late! All they know is that the killer is one of them.

So I'm going to start when they're leaving for the trip, before anyone dies. You can make up to three characters, and you can request to be the killer (if we have enough people to get started and no one has volunteered to be the killer than I am going to be them).

First, here's the rules:

1. No killing other people's characters without their permission.

2. If we are already started you can join as a person who meets the group of friends and tries to help find the killer.

3. Since this NES is a murder mystery, be warned that it's probably going to be PG-13 at least.

4. Don't be overly graphic when describing dead characters (some imagery is okay but I'll tell you if you cross a line.)

5. Romance is allowed as long as you don't take it above PG-13.

6. No knowing who the killer is. It ruins the NES when your character somehow knows who is the killer, since it's supposed to be a murder mystery. Your character can be suspicious but not omniscient.

Form:

Name:

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too):

Gender/preferred pronouns:

Sexuality:

Personality:

Appearance:

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.):

That's all the ideas I have right now so I hope that a few people will join this!

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 04-10-2019, 06:18 PM

My (first) character:

Name: Joshua Lopez (goes by Joss)

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18

Gender/preferred pronouns: male, he/him

Sexuality: pan

Personality: He seems fairly indifferent to some people, because he isn't one for showing emotions constantly. Joss is friendly enough to everyone, but really only tells them things on a need-to-know basis, and when it comes to talking he is concise and to the point, sometimes to the point of rudeness. He really does care about his friends, even though it may not always seem that way, and would act selflessly in a life or death matter. He is good at staying calm under pressure, and uses sarcasm a lot when he is tired or nervous.

Appearance: Joss has warm medium brown skin, unruly dark brown curls, and eyes so dark brown they look almost black. He has long eyelashes and a tiny smattering of freckles you can only see if you get very very close. His nose is medium sized and his lips are full. Joss has a somewhat athletic build from playing baseball, but he isn't good enough at baseball to actually go very far with it. He's average height at about 5' 10", and has a dimpled smile. Though he usually quirks his mouth into a curious half-smile instead of smiling all out.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): He plays baseball (second base) and bass (the orchestra kind, not the guitar kind). He plays video games sometimes with his friends or siblings but isn't hardcore into them. He likes older music (like 70s and 80s) and usually wears t-shirts and jeans with a pair of Converse. Occasionally he'll switch out the Converse for hiking boots (not because he hikes a lot, he just thinks they look cool).

Waving through a window
Old 04-10-2019, 06:42 PM

Cool idea! I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with this, but I'm excited to try!

Name: Lydia Vevioni
Gender/preferred pronouns: Female, she/her
Sexuality: Demibisexual
Personality: Reserved, guillable, and easily embarrassed. She's a people-pleaser by instinct and a hard-worker by necessity. She's not terribly clever, but she's also not White-Chick-in-a-Horror-Movie dumb, you know? She craves attention and approval from those around her, but is too introverted to go and demand it, so she ends up pushed to the background a lot. Overall she's polite and very sweet, she'll probably do your homework if you ask nicely, but she also harbours a lot of hidden resentment towards a lot of people. Who knows when all that resentment will finally come pouring out, hm? *eyebrow wiggle*

Appearance: Short, olive-skinned, with some pudge. She has breakouts on her forehead that she will do anything to get rid of short of peeling off her skin. She has silky brown, shoulder length hair, it's heavy and gets really hot in the summer but her mom won't let her cut it. Her eyes are dark green and framed by long lashes, her right eye has warm brown sectoral heterochromia. They are arguably her prettiest feature and definitely the one she flaunts the most. Her hands are a close second-- fine-boned and articulate, with long violin fingers and callouses from her cello.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): I'll fill this out later, maybe, when my attention span resets. But suffice to say that she was a promising musician from a borderline-poor family and her parents forced her to become better and better and enter competition after competition to earn money. And now she kind of hates music and resents her parents. This trip is her chance to get away from it all, at least for a little while.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 04-10-2019, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
Cool idea! I'm not sure how well I'll keep up with this, but I'm excited to try!

Personality: Reserved, guillable, and easily embarrassed. She's a people-pleaser by instinct and a hard-worker by necessity. She's not terribly clever, but she's also not White-Chick-in-a-Horror-Movie dumb, you know? She craves attention and approval from those around her, but is too introverted to go and demand it, so she ends up pushed to the background a lot. Overall she's polite and very sweet, she'll probably do your homework if you ask nicely, but she also harbours a lot of hidden resentment towards a lot of people. Who knows when all that resentment will finally come pouring out, hm? *eyebrow wiggle*

Appearance: Short, olive-skinned, with some pudge. She has breakouts on her forehead that she will do anything to get rid of short of peeling off her skin. She has silky brown, shoulder length hair, it's heavy and gets really hot in the summer but her mom won't let her cut it. Her eyes are dark green and framed by long lashes, her right eye has warm brown sectoral heterochromia. They are arguably her prettiest feature and definitely the one she flaunts the most. Her hands are a close second-- fine-boned and articulate, with long violin fingers and callouses from her cello.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): I'll fill this out later, maybe, when my attention span resets. But suffice to say that she was a promising musician from a borderline-poor family and her parents forced her to become better and better and enter competition after competition to earn money. And now she kind of hates music and resents her parents. This trip is her chance to get away from it all, at least for a little while.
oooh i like your character thanks for joining

Waving through a window
Old 04-10-2019, 09:16 PM

Name: Alisha Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 15

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her.

Sexuality: not quite sure, she's never liked anyone in her life.

Personality: Alisha is smarter than she looks. She's not the kind of person to share ideas/be all too in to the mystery, but she's concerned for what's going on/what she could do to help figure out who it is. She's a big reader/writer and has a big interest in science/math and also the unknown. She wasn't all too willing to go on this trip, but her older brother Jonah dragged her along and anyway it's supposed to be "fun" and a chance to get "fresh air" and her parents wouldn't shut up so here she is. She's not expecting much but will probably make good friendships and possible relationships if you're lucky.

Appearance: It's a shame she doesn't like anyone, because Alisha is pretty. Not in a "makeup, hair styling" sort of way, but more of a natural beauty. She's got red, straightish hair that goes just past her shoulders. It curls up sometimes but not often. You'll see her wearing it in a ponytail or just down on her shoulders. She wears simple clothes, just blue t-shirts and her all-the-time green rain jacket. Nothing special about it, she just likes it. She usually wears jeans and whatever she has. She's pretty short, probably 5'2'', and loathes it. She's probably seen wearing converse or whatever. She has light freckles you can't really see through the sunlight and brown eyes.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): She packed more books with clothes. She's a normal teenager, if you count sitting in a private place reading/studying/writing/researching instead of socializing/doing normal teenage stuff normal. She's not much of a social person, but she's not shy. She just doesn't like other people. On this trip she will probably actually learn how to hang with people/be a human. Also: not a nerd. She's quiet. Keeps her studies to herself. Also a Capricorn with a Scorpio moon (because I can generate sun and moons signs on the spot for my characters)

Can't post Jonah's form right now but I definitely will as soon as possible he's the best. And I don't want Alisha to end up dead but Jonah will probably be the first to die. Those are my only characters, probably, but neither of them will end up as the killer

Last edited by Werty; 04-11-2019 at 12:07 PM.
Old 04-10-2019, 10:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
Name: Alisha Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 17

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her.

Sexuality: not quite sure, she's never liked anyone in her life.

Personality: Alisha is smarter than she looks. She's not the kind of person to share ideas/be all too in to the mystery, but she's concerned for what's going on/what she could do to help figure out who it is. She's a big reader/writer and has a big interest in science/math and also the unknown. She wasn't all too willing to go on this trip, but her older brother Jonah dragged her along and anyway it's supposed to be "fun" and a chance to get "fresh air" and her parents wouldn't shut up so here she is. She's not expecting much but will probably make good friendships and possible relationships if you're lucky.

Appearance: It's a shame she doesn't like anyone, because Alisha is pretty. Not in a "makeup, hair styling" sort of way, but more of a natural beauty. She's got red, straightish hair that goes just past her shoulders. It curls up sometimes but not often. You'll see her wearing it in a ponytail or just down on her shoulders. She wears simple clothes, just blue t-shirts and her all-the-time green rain jacket. Nothing special about it, she just likes it. She usually wears jeans and whatever she has. She's pretty short, probably 5'2'', and loathes it. She's probably seen wearing converse or whatever. She has light freckles you can't really see through the sunlight and brown eyes.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): She packed more books with clothes. She's a normal teenager, if you count sitting in a private place reading/studying/writing/researching instead of socializing/doing normal teenage stuff normal. She's not much of a social person, but she's not shy. She just doesn't like other people. On this trip she will probably actually learn how to hang with people/be a human. Also: not a nerd. She's quiet. Keeps her studies to herself.

Can't post Jonah's form right now but I definitely will as soon as possible he's the best. And I don't want Alisha to end up dead but Jonah will probably be the first to die. Those are my only characters, probably, but neither of them will end up as the killer
cool thanks for joining

i have a couple of ideas for characters but not one for the killer yet so if anybody wants that spot it's still open

(my current ideas are a best friend for Joss who's rly sweet and dies near the beginning and also a rude girl who people may suspect but isn't the killer)

Waving through a window
Old 04-11-2019, 08:12 AM

Name: Chloe O’Malley

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 17

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her

Sexuality: bi

Personality: Bright, upbeat, and fun, Chloe loves being the center of attention. She is friendly and bubbly and easy to get along with, however she has very low self-esteem that she tries to hide by being extra friendly and nice to people. She’s really dramatic and emotional (she is a theatre kid) but generally easy to talk to. She likes making up stories and getting dressed up.

Appearance: Chest-length dirty blonde hair that can be described as wavy on a good day, though often it is a bit more on the frizzy side. She has a smattering if freckles on her nose and cheeks, and clear round glasses. Her eyes are hazel and a mixture of green and brown. Chloe is thin and tall, without many curves. She’s close to the same height as her best friend Joss at 5’ 9”.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): Best friends with Joss, and in theatre. She used to be friends with Charlotte in elementary school but had a falling out in middle school over a boy. She has been best friends with Joss since sixth grade, and they are so tight and never leave each other’s side. Many people think she and Joss are dating but they are like brother and sister.

Waving through a window

Last edited by FrostBittenKitten; 04-11-2019 at 03:04 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 11:51 AM

Idk if anybody noticed but I made Alisha 2 years younger bc it's her brother who's dragging her along and the one in this friend group and she knows none of these people

Also here's Jonah

Name: Jonah Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18 (the trip starts on his birthday)

Gender/preferred pronouns: Male, he/him

Sexuality: He has a girlfriend (dunno if anyone wants to make her or be her if not she's not coming, I don't feel like it) and tells everyone he's straight but really he's homoflexible and honestly is quite surprised he even likes any girls at all

Personality: Jonah is bright spirited. Not really on the intelligent side, but he's always got a nice smile and is ready for adventure. He's a socialite and the opposite of his sister. He is quite surprised when things go wrong (which doesn't usually happen to him) and probably will skirt around the murder/not really try to figure out who it is because when he finds out one of his friends had been killing everybody he will kinda just hide alone feeling betrayed by everyone. He plays basketball on the school team and is a star but honestly he could care less. He loves his sister even when she doesn't love him. He has a magnetic personality and is also quite chill and yet bright and bubbly and he's just an explosion of color tbh

Appearance: Jonah has slightly olive skin (something Alisha didn't inherit) and dark brown straight hair that goes just to his chin and this guy is really attractive and also adorable. He'll wear a white t-shirt on most days and sometimes his varsity jacket or a jean jacket and also jeans and Converse because why not. He doesn't really care too much about how he looks but honestly looks perfect. Unlike his sister he's pretty tall, probably 6' or 5'11''.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): His sister is Alisha. He's a Cancer with a Leo or Aries moon although nobody cares about his sign

Last edited by Werty; 04-11-2019 at 12:05 PM.
Old 04-11-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post

I know nobody cares about signs but that's a Cancer with a Virgo moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
My (first) character:

Name: Joshua Lopez (goes by Joss)

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18

Gender/preferred pronouns: male, he/him

Sexuality: pan

Personality: He seems fairly indifferent to some people, because he isn't one for showing emotions constantly. Joss is friendly enough to everyone, but really only tells them things on a need-to-know basis, and when it comes to talking he is concise and to the point, sometimes to the point of rudeness. He really does care about his friends, even though it may not always seem that way, and would act selflessly in a life or death matter. He is good at staying calm under pressure, and uses sarcasm a lot when he is tired or nervous.

Appearance: Joss has warm medium brown skin, unruly dark brown curls, and eyes so dark brown they look almost black. He has long eyelashes and a tiny smattering of freckles you can only see if you get very very close. His nose is medium sized and his lips are full. Joss has a somewhat athletic build from playing baseball, but he isn't good enough at baseball to actually go very far with it. He's average height at about 5' 10", and has a dimpled smile. Though he usually quirks his mouth into a curious half-smile instead of smiling all out.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): He plays baseball (second base) and bass (the orchestra kind, not the guitar kind). He plays video games sometimes with his friends or siblings but isn't hardcore into them. He likes older music (like 70s and 80s) and usually wears t-shirts and jeans with a pair of Converse. Occasionally he'll switch out the Converse for hiking boots (not because he hikes a lot, he just thinks they look cool).
And that's a Libra with a Leo moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
Name: Chloe O’Malley

Gender/preferred pronouns: female, she/her

Sexuality: bi

Personality: Bright, upbeat, and fun, Chloe loves being the center of attention. She is friendly and bubbly and easy to get along with, however she has very low self-esteem that she tries to hide by being extra friendly and nice to people. She’s really dramatic and emotional (she is a theatre kid) but generally easy to talk to. She likes making up stories and getting dressed up.

Appearance: Chest-length dirty blonde hair that can be described as wavy on a good day, though often it is a bit more on the frizzy side. She has a smattering if freckles on her nose and cheeks, and clear round glasses. Her eyes are hazel and a mixture of green and brown. Chloe is thin and tall, without many curves. She’s close to the same height as her best friend Joss at 5’ 9”.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): Best friends with Joss, and in theatre.
And that's a Leo with a Pisces moon probably but not positive
Old 04-11-2019, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
Idk if anybody noticed but I made Alisha 2 years younger bc it's her brother who's dragging her along and the one in this friend group and she knows none of these people

Also here's Jonah

Name: Jonah Emmerence

Age (I was thinking late highschool for the ages here, but if you guys want to do college kids that works too): 18 (the trip starts on his birthday)

Gender/preferred pronouns: Male, he/him

Sexuality: He has a girlfriend (dunno if anyone wants to make her or be her if not she's not coming, I don't feel like it) and tells everyone he's straight but really he's homoflexible and honestly is quite surprised he even likes any girls at all

Personality: Jonah is bright spirited. Not really on the intelligent side, but he's always got a nice smile and is ready for adventure. He's a socialite and the opposite of his sister. He is quite surprised when things go wrong (which doesn't usually happen to him) and probably will skirt around the murder/not really try to figure out who it is because when he finds out one of his friends had been killing everybody he will kinda just hide alone feeling betrayed by everyone. He plays basketball on the school team and is a star but honestly he could care less. He loves his sister even when she doesn't love him. He has a magnetic personality and is also quite chill and yet bright and bubbly and he's just an explosion of color tbh

Appearance: Jonah has slightly olive skin (something Alisha didn't inherit) and dark brown straight hair that goes just to his chin and this guy is really attractive and also adorable. He'll wear a white t-shirt on most days and sometimes his varsity jacket or a jean jacket and also jeans and Converse because why not. He doesn't really care too much about how he looks but honestly looks perfect. Unlike his sister he's pretty tall, probably 6' or 5'11''.

Other important details (backstory, relationships with other characters, etc.): His sister is Alisha. He's a Cancer with a Leo or Aries moon although nobody cares about his sign
Oooh can I be the girlfriend I have an idea

Waving through a window

Tags
fun times, join this, kayla was here, luna was here, murder mystery