Quantcast Showerthoughts - Page 9 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 12-01-2016, 08:23 PM

hey hello I read a study like over six months ago on the idea of the universe expanding and through a lot of calculations people have come to the conclusion that there isn't enough matter in the universe for it to keep expanding and yet it keeps expanding so does that mean that there has to be a recycling of matter somewhere and if so does that mean that there are various levels of reality existing on top of each other?

...I think about this a lot.

((death, white lies))
Old 12-01-2016, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
hey hello I read a study like over six months ago on the idea of the universe expanding and through a lot of calculations people have come to the conclusion that there isn't enough matter in the universe for it to keep expanding and yet it keeps expanding so does that mean that there has to be a recycling of matter somewhere and if so does that mean that there are various levels of reality existing on top of each other?

...I think about this a lot.
also what if black holes is where all the extra matter is being stored?
(these are the far less intelectual thoughts i have compared to many of you peoples)
Old 12-01-2016, 10:21 PM

shoot so today during a lecture i thought about something and i was like "oh i should put this on showerthoughts cause it's basically a dump for all my stupid random thoughts" but i can't remember what it was and it's killing me and ughaghdajgkhag

i think religion is really interesting. like people from all over the world, who did not influence each other, looked at the earth and said "there must've been someone/something before us," be that spirits or mother earth or god or whatever you believe.

@lena and garrett

space in general just scares me. like we are so small. we are SO small. we are small in our cities and smaller in our countries and smaller in our continents and hemispheres and even smaller on the earth and then there is the great expanse that is our solar system and then there's the rest of the milky way. and then there are other galaxies. and it just terrifies me.

and when you get to the very end, when you are zoomed out until there is nothing left to see, what is there? is all of the light, the life, all together, surrounded by an infinite darkness? there are no more stars. there are no more planets. it's just black.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 12-01-2016, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
shoot so today during a lecture i thought about something and i was like "oh i should put this on showerthoughts cause it's basically a dump for all my stupid random thoughts" but i can't remember what it was and it's killing me and ughaghdajgkhag

i think religion is really interesting. like people from all over the world, who did not influence each other, looked at the earth and said "there must've been someone/something before us," be that spirits or mother earth or god or whatever you believe.

@lena and garrett

space in general just scares me. like we are so small. we are SO small. we are small in our cities and smaller in our countries and smaller in our continents and hemispheres and even smaller on the earth and then there is the great expanse that is our solar system and then there's the rest of the milky way. and then there are other galaxies. and it just terrifies me.

and when you get to the very end, when you are zoomed out until there is nothing left to see, what is there? is all of the light, the life, all together, surrounded by an infinite darkness? there are no more stars. there are no more planets. it's just black.
@space convo

mm yeah i dont buy it.
Old 12-05-2016, 12:07 AM

why is this thread dead i need this thread alive honestly i need somewhere to dump all my mind crap.

why do we forget things?
(this is not a stupid question. think about it for a second.)

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 12-05-2016, 12:37 AM

there are things out there in the universe that we couldn't even dream of

ryo asuka
Old 12-05-2016, 01:58 AM

Quote:
why is this thread dead i need this thread alive honestly i need somewhere to dump all my mind crap.

why do we forget things?
okay so i know im probably 100% off and I know nothing about the human brain and eveything and there's probably a logical explanation but
i like to think of minds as computers, sort of? and sometimes, if a "file" hasn't been opened in a while, it'll eventually automatically delete. or if it wasn't saved correctly, it's gone. you won't be able to find it.
and you know how sometimes youre just doing something and you have a random memory from a long time ago? like all of the sudden youre just like "oh. wow. i completely forgot that person even existed." or whatever?
it would be sorta like we're always searching through all of our files. if you get the right key words, it'll bring up memories or emotions, etc.
you know what I mean?
i'd be shocked if that was anywhere close to the truth but
that's just kinda how i imagine it idk
Old 12-05-2016, 02:58 AM

Quote:

why do we forget things?
either it was unimportant or it was so important the brain didnt wanna handle it
Old 12-05-2016, 07:00 AM

Why do we generally sneeze a certain number of sneezes in a row generally? (Twos, threes, there's some sort of identifiable pattern usually. Personally it's mostly twos unless I'm having a sneezing fit /horrid allergies this morning)
Old 12-05-2016, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otaku View Post
Why do we generally sneeze a certain number of sneezes in a row generally? (Twos, threes, there's some sort of identifiable pattern usually. Personally it's mostly twos unless I'm having a sneezing fit /horrid allergies this morning)
yeah for me it's usually 3s

ryo asuka

Tags
brains named themselves, iwasntsingingintheshower, justdontjudgeokaythanks, kwazy_k was here, luna was here, neo nazis suck ass, no swearing, nooo school, pepsi retro, protest, random thoughts, sexuality=\_(ツ)_/, shitposting, yes swearing