Quantcast OFFICIAL POLITICAL VENTING STATION (No fights, please!) - Page 119 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > US Elections
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-21-2017, 09:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Yo Elizabeth Warren is gonna be at the Boston protest and I'm gonna make her run for prez in 2020 thank me later
full offense I adore Elizabeth Warren and I would vote for her with my entire heart, soul, and body in .2 seconds flat

also I went to the march in Santa Fe today and New Mexico is like,,,, p conservative but the turn out was amazing. it's so incredible to be surrounded by empowered and intelligent women and it warmed my heart to see all the signs and the pussy hats and the chants and the songs and the speeches. I cried a lot haha.
there was a single trump supporter yelling from the back of a truck and a guy in a pink hat threw a snowball at him and yelled, "I'M A PUSSY AND I'M PROUD" to which the trump guy responded, "DONALD TRUMP ALL THE WAY" and my new hero snapped back with another snowball yellin, "DONALD TRUMP ALL THE WAY TO JAIL". it was so incredible the march was so incredible all the supportive husbands and feminist men there were incredible I've never in my life been so surrounded by love and hope.

((death, white lies))
Old 01-21-2017, 09:48 PM

this is a vent post. this is not meant to offend people. this is a vent. i went to las vegas's women's march and a few things stood out to me...

this was very pro-hillary. even more than the initial anti-trump protest i went to. :/ but oh well

some liberals take the nonviolence thing so??? intensely? like to the point where yall are nazi sympathizers and rapist sympathizers. like this antifa person had a sign that said "kill your local rapist" on the front and "kill your local nazi" on the back and this person came up to them and was like "i dont think your message is important at all."

like why are liberals like this??? also unrelated but why did democrats set up a gofundme for the nazi who got punched haha thats gross he literally wants to do ethnic cleansing and yall set up a gofundme for his poor face.

i really dont want to touch this but i will. theres a lot of pussy=womanhood rhetoric going around lately and thats ? so? bad ? my pussy grabs back but i sure as hell am not a girl. also: my trans sisters are still my sisters and they are still girls, with or without a vagina. (also nb people exist l m a o)

ok endrant lol sorry call me out if it isnt my place
Old 01-22-2017, 01:02 PM

I was told by a teacher to study hard and not give in to the patriarchy so that's how it's currently going here
Old 01-23-2017, 04:04 PM

I have so much rage in my body over everything this Cheeto does how am I going to last for years hearing about this stupid backwards bullshit he does???
Old 01-23-2017, 05:57 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

in another news, it's now practically impossible for struggling women in developing countries to get abortions due to global gag rule
Old 01-23-2017, 05:59 PM

Quote:
in another news, it's now practically impossible for struggling women in developing countries to get abortions due to global gag rule
i saw this. my heart hurts.
Old 01-23-2017, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
this is a vent post. this is not meant to offend people. this is a vent. i went to las vegas's women's march and a few things stood out to me...

this was very pro-hillary. even more than the initial anti-trump protest i went to. :/ but oh well

some liberals take the nonviolence thing so??? intensely? like to the point where yall are nazi sympathizers and rapist sympathizers. like this antifa person had a sign that said "kill your local rapist" on the front and "kill your local nazi" on the back and this person came up to them and was like "i dont think your message is important at all."

like why are liberals like this??? also unrelated but why did democrats set up a gofundme for the nazi who got punched haha thats gross he literally wants to do ethnic cleansing and yall set up a gofundme for his poor face.

i really dont want to touch this but i will. theres a lot of pussy=womanhood rhetoric going around lately and thats ? so? bad ? my pussy grabs back but i sure as hell am not a girl. also: my trans sisters are still my sisters and they are still girls, with or without a vagina. (also nb people exist l m a o)

i went to the raleigh women's march and it was a great experience but i agree with this 100%. we need more intersectionality in our feminism. also yeah, kill your local nazi. i can't believe that's a controversial statement. these people are literally advocating for genocide. they don't deserve a platform.

Quote:
can't wait to see what these next four years will bring!!!
Old 01-23-2017, 10:23 PM

Quote:

hey you know that i think you're super cool and i look up to you so much but i sort of disagree?

i think the use of the word pussy is about reclaiming it, and not necessarily about feminity and womanhood or that to have a pussy is to be a woman. the way i see it, it's sort of like the n word? obviously that's more of an extreme, but it's the same idea of taking this word (that, in the case of the n word, has a horrifying history) that has been used to make us feel small, to hurt us, and using it to be big. to be strong.

i agree that pussy should not automatically equal woman, but then how should we use it? are we to just leave it for the people who drag that word through the mud, who use it as an insult?

i guess those who don't have a pussy might not need to reclaim it the way those who have one do.

i don't know where my line of thought was going. if it's any condolence, i saw plenty of trans-inclusive and trans-targeted signs on saturday.

for the record, i agree with wholeheartedly with everything else you said. if feminism isn't intersectional, who is it even for? i personally don't want to be a part of a movement to advance just middle class white women.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton
Old 01-24-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by july3girl View Post
hey you know that i think you're super cool and i look up to you so much but i sort of disagree?

i think the use of the word pussy is about reclaiming it, and not necessarily about feminity and womanhood or that to have a pussy is to be a woman. the way i see it, it's sort of like the n word? obviously that's more of an extreme, but it's the same idea of taking this word (that, in the case of the n word, has a horrifying history) that has been used to make us feel small, to hurt us, and using it to be big. to be strong.

i agree that pussy should not automatically equal woman, but then how should we use it? are we to just leave it for the people who drag that word through the mud, who use it as an insult?

i guess those who don't have a pussy might not need to reclaim it the way those who have one do.

i don't know where my line of thought was going. if it's any condolence, i saw plenty of trans-inclusive and trans-targeted signs on saturday.

for the record, i agree with wholeheartedly with everything else you said. if feminism isn't intersectional, who is it even for? i personally don't want to be a part of a movement to advance just middle class white women.
you can have signs that talk about having a vagina and uterus without leaving out trans women and alienating trans men.

for example, you can talk about reproductive rights, and pussy grabs back is even fine. sorry if i implied that it wasnt.

but you dont have to do it in a way that equates vagina to womanhood
Old 01-24-2017, 08:38 PM

Quote:
you can have signs that talk about having a vagina and uterus without leaving out trans women and alienating trans men.

for example, you can talk about reproductive rights, and pussy grabs back is even fine. sorry if i implied that it wasnt.

but you dont have to do it in a way that equates vagina to womanhood
oh yeah on that note i totally agree. i didn't see any of that sort of rhetoric on saturday, but i'm sure its out there.

it takes and it takes and it takes
-leslie odom jr and lin manuel miranda, "wait for it," hamilton

Tags
anarchy, assassinate pence too, assassinate trump, fuck trump, how did this happen, i hate conservatives, i hate liberals, i hate you all, kp + politics = fights, nilentoneverythread, popular vote anyone???, rip america, stop complaining, summer breeze, summer breeze?!, yes we are