Quantcast Powerful and dangerous NES (idk what to call this) - Page 61 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2017, 11:27 AM

Location: neaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaar wherever you areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Nellie turned to the strange boy near her. The commercials were taking forever and she couldn't shake the feeling that he seemed familiar. "Hi," she said, hoping he would notice. If not, she would just stare at the screen and pretend she hadn't said anything (it wouldn't be the first time).

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 08-15-2017, 11:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
*waves back* no worries, I'll repost:

"Uh, yes. Carmela. But you can call me Carme, if you want. And you?" Carme looked deep into the ghost's eyes. She could see through them and see the rest of the little outdoor setup. Kids stared but nevertheless, she smiled at him.
"Cairbre," he answered, blinking slowly. He turned away so she couldn't see his face so well. It was unsettling that she could see him this early in the day, it was more unsettling that she kept staring at-- through-- his eyes. He didn't like the feeling. But...it was better than nothing. And she was pretty, there was that too.

"Why are you out here instead of in there?" he asked, still staring away from her.
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 08-15-2017, 01:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
"Cairbre," he answered, blinking slowly. He turned away so she couldn't see his face so well. It was unsettling that she could see him this early in the day, it was more unsettling that she kept staring at-- through-- his eyes. He didn't like the feeling. But...it was better than nothing. And she was pretty, there was that too.

"Why are you out here instead of in there?" he asked, still staring away from her.
Carme moved her eyes as she watched Cairbre squirm, hoping it wasn't her staring that had caused it. "Well, I sometimes like to be by myself. Well, that's not the truth, I'm just used to it. I don't feel like I belong. Everyone else seems happy and so excited and good with their powers but I'm just, I'm just a little girl who barely knows how to use her powers. I'm telepathic, by the way." Carme glanced at the ghost again and bit her lip. "How long have you been here?"

Sometimes you need to stop flapping your wings and soar
Old 08-15-2017, 01:44 PM

I feel like I've kind of lost this NES lmao

yeah Eliza and Eun's convo can end or whatever I guess... we didn't do much with it but like it was so many pages back

ryo asuka
Old 08-17-2017, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Carme moved her eyes as she watched Cairbre squirm, hoping it wasn't her staring that had caused it. "Well, I sometimes like to be by myself. Well, that's not the truth, I'm just used to it. I don't feel like I belong. Everyone else seems happy and so excited and good with their powers but I'm just, I'm just a little girl who barely knows how to use her powers. I'm telepathic, by the way." Carme glanced at the ghost again and bit her lip. "How long have you been here?"
Cairbre looked at his hands, he spread his fingers, flipped his palms both ways, then finally clenched them into gentle fists.

"I've been here six years, I started out as a student, but things tend to change when you die." Slowly, his fists loosened, unravelling until they were flat again. He threw a glance around the area they were in, taking in the tall oak casting wide swaths of shade, and the dew-y grass, glittering in the early morning sun. "This is a nice place to chill alone," he commented, then added, "but I could show you better."

He didn't dare look at Carme, anticipating her reaction with the kind of nervous excitement that dogs get when they're taken somewhere new.

-Barns Courntey
Old 08-17-2017, 10:58 AM

Quote:
Cairbre looked at his hands, he spread his fingers, flipped his palms both ways, then finally clenched them into gentle fists.

"I've been here six years, I started out as a student, but things tend to change when you die." Slowly, his fists loosened, unravelling until they were flat again. He threw a glance around the area they were in, taking in the tall oak casting wide swaths of shade, and the dew-y grass, glittering in the early morning sun. "This is a nice place to chill alone," he commented, then added, "but I could show you better."

He didn't dare look at Carme, anticipating her reaction with the kind of nervous excitement that dogs get when they're taken somewhere new.

Carme opened her eyes wide and followed Cairbre's glance around the area. Show you better, echoed in her head. Should she trust a ghost she had just met? But this was a chance at a friend. Something that came so rarely...

Taking a braid and playing with it, she nodded. "Okay."

Old 08-17-2017, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Carme opened her eyes wide and followed Cairbre's glance around the area. Show you better, echoed in her head. Should she trust a ghost she had just met? But this was a chance at a friend. Something that came so rarely...

Taking a braid and playing with it, she nodded. "Okay."
"Great!" He exclaimed, then seemed to catch himself mid-outburst. He coughed into his hand to cover up. "Come on, it's this way," he turned, waving for Carme to follow him as he disappeared around the corner of the wall.

-Barns Courntey
Old 08-17-2017, 12:38 PM

Quote:
"Great!" He exclaimed, then seemed to catch himself mid-outburst. He coughed into his hand to cover up. "Come on, it's this way," he turned, waving for Carme to follow him as he disappeared around the corner of the wall.
Carme was startled at Cairbre's sudden change in voice. Was this a trick? Was she being gullible? She watched curiously as Cairbre turned a corner and pondered. Should she follow him? Ignoring the argument in her head, she followed.

Old 08-17-2017, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Carme was startled at Cairbre's sudden change in voice. Was this a trick? Was she being gullible? She watched curiously as Cairbre turned a corner and pondered. Should she follow him? Ignoring the argument in her head, she followed.
"It's a bit of a walk from here," Cairbre explained as they went. "So you're a telepath? Maybe that's why you can see me so early in the day, most people can't-- or won't, I've never had the chance to ask." He pondered this for a moment.

"How long have you been at the school?" He asked her.

-Barns Courntey
Old 08-17-2017, 03:31 PM

Quote:
"It's a bit of a walk from here," Cairbre explained as they went. "So you're a telepath? Maybe that's why you can see me so early in the day, most people can't-- or won't, I've never had the chance to ask." He pondered this for a moment.

"How long have you been at the school?" He asked her.
"Just a little while," Carme said without hesitating. "About two months." She let her hand smoothly run along the rough brick surface of the wall. Where were they going? "And I guess I can see you because I'm a telepath. But I'm barely that good. My powers only work during full moons, so. But they are getting stronger." What time is it, Camre asked herself. Classes were starting soon and she didn't want to be late. It was silent for a while. "Where are we going?" Carme asked.

Tags
#alemwashere, ena was here, epicness, eun x silver, eun x silver= otp, falalalala, felix is oblivious, ghibli nerds, luna was here, nes, poliwog, powers