Quantcast Powerful and dangerous NES (idk what to call this) - Page 62 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-17-2017, 05:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by alemye10 View Post
"Just a little while," Carme said without hesitating. "About two months." She let her hand smoothly run along the rough brick surface of the wall. Where were they going? "And I guess I can see you because I'm a telepath. But I'm barely that good. My powers only work during full moons, so. But they are getting stronger." What time is it, Camre asked herself. Classes were starting soon and she didn't want to be late. It was silent for a while. "Where are we going?" Carme asked.
"Can't tell ya," Cairbre said, a hint of Irish accent leaking over his words. "Someplace you'll like."

(Excuse the boring reply.)
Down and out and missing home

(So beat a little louder now
I can't hear you anymore)
-Barns Courntey
Old 08-17-2017, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda View Post
"Can't tell ya," Cairbre said, a hint of Irish accent leaking over his words. "Someplace you'll like."

(Excuse the boring reply.)
(No worries)

"Oh, okay." Carme took in a breath of relief. Cairbre didn't seem like he was doing anything suspicious anymore. She adjusted the straps of her backpack. They walked for a while and the sounds of the crowd behind them faded. Carme remembered her parents' strict words to her. You will not go off the grounds of the Academy without adult supervision.

Carme shrugged to herself. They couldn't be that far. But she wished to get there already.

Sometimes you need to stop flapping your wings and soar
Old 08-17-2017, 05:34 PM

Quote:
(No worries)

"Oh, okay." Carme took in a breath of relief. Cairbre didn't seem like he was doing anything suspicious anymore. She adjusted the straps of her backpack. They walked for a while and the sounds of the crowd behind them faded. Carme remembered her parents' strict words to her. You will not go off the grounds of the Academy without adult supervision.

Carme shrugged to herself. They couldn't be that far. But she wished to get there already.
They came to a wrought iron gate, curls of ivy threaded through the black bars, and coated the brick wall on either side of it. Cairbre didn't hesitate to step to the side and stroll right through the wall. On the other side, he hesitated, as if remembering something, and turned back to Carme. "Sorry, I forgot humans can't go through walls. Can you climb it? The ivy's strong enough to support you."

-Barns Courntey
Old 08-18-2017, 08:42 AM

Quote:
They came to a wrought iron gate, curls of ivy threaded through the black bars, and coated the brick wall on either side of it. Cairbre didn't hesitate to step to the side and stroll right through the wall. On the other side, he hesitated, as if remembering something, and turned back to Carme. "Sorry, I forgot humans can't go through walls. Can you climb it? The ivy's strong enough to support you."
Carme eyed the beautiful gate. She didn't want to make a fool of herself. She took her backpack off and threw it to the other side. "I think so," she said, taking her foot and sliding it firmly into an opening. Then Carme slid both hands into higher openings and hoisted herself up. She repeated those movements one more time and she was at the top. Next, she put her feet into lower openings and jumped down. Grabbing her backpack she asked, "Where are we exactly?"

Old 08-18-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Carme eyed the beautiful gate. She didn't want to make a fool of herself. She took her backpack off and threw it to the other side. "I think so," she said, taking her foot and sliding it firmly into an opening. Then Carme slid both hands into higher openings and hoisted herself up. She repeated those movements one more time and she was at the top. Next, she put her feet into lower openings and jumped down. Grabbing her backpack she asked, "Where are we exactly?"
"This," Cairbre waved his arms to encompass the blank square of grass on the other side of the fence, "is nothing. The good part is across the field."

He stood half in the shadow of the wall, half in the sun. It create a strange division in his body, the sun made him more transparent, but less ghostly in a way. Like a mirage. The shadow brought his features into better focus, and with them dredged up the eerie essence of his ghostliness. He tilted his head back and squinted up at the sun.

"Maybe this is as far as we'll go right now," he muttered, talking more to himself than to Carme, "there's not enough time to make it to the woods before class, why don't we just sit here for a bit and the next time we see each other I'll show you the good part." He continued to stare at the sky as he spoke (he still didn't really like how it felt when Carme had stared into--at--through his eyes).

-Barns Courntey
Old 08-18-2017, 12:09 PM

Quote:
"This," Cairbre waved his arms to encompass the blank square of grass on the other side of the fence, "is nothing. The good part is across the field."

He stood half in the shadow of the wall, half in the sun. It create a strange division in his body, the sun made him more transparent, but less ghostly in a way. Like a mirage. The shadow brought his features into better focus, and with them dredged up the eerie essence of his ghostliness. He tilted his head back and squinted up at the sun.

"Maybe this is as far as we'll go right now," he muttered, talking more to himself than to Carme, "there's not enough time to make it to the woods before class, why don't we just sit here for a bit and the next time we see each other I'll show you the good part." He continued to stare at the sky as he spoke (he still didn't really like how it felt when Carme had stared into--at--through his eyes).
Carme sat down with her back against the wall and nodded. "Okay." She wanted to ask Cairbre how he was a ghost but quickly decided against it. She made sure not to look at him, as he didn't seem to like it. She took her latest book out and asked, "Do you like to read?" She hoped this didn't seem weird for a ghost. Ghosts could still enjoy stories like she did, right?

Old 08-18-2017, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Carme sat down with her back against the wall and nodded. "Okay." She wanted to ask Cairbre how he was a ghost but quickly decided against it. She made sure not to look at him, as he didn't seem to like it. She took her latest book out and asked, "Do you like to read?" She hoped this didn't seem weird for a ghost. Ghosts could still enjoy stories like she did, right?
Cairbre sat down facing Carme, he hugged his knees to his chest and flicked at the bobbing top of a long piece of wild grass.

"No," he answered, "It takes to much energy to hold the books and flip the pages. I just like to push them off the shelf."

-Barns Courntey
Old 08-19-2017, 11:12 PM

Location: neaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaar wherever you areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

((Ok after Re and Alem finish their thing I think we should go to the villains breaking in, thoughts?))

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 08-20-2017, 09:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
((Ok after Re and Alem finish their thing I think we should go to the villains breaking in, thoughts?))
sounds good

Stan Lee
Old 08-20-2017, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Cairbre sat down facing Carme, he hugged his knees to his chest and flicked at the bobbing top of a long piece of wild grass.

"No," he answered, "It takes to much energy to hold the books and flip the pages. I just like to push them off the shelf."
Carme chuckled. She panicked when she realized classes had started a few minutes ago. "I think it's time to go," she said, collecting her stuff and waving.

(Sorry, I was just trying to end the scene. XD)

Tags
#alemwashere, ena was here, epicness, eun x silver, eun x silver= otp, falalalala, felix is oblivious, ghibli nerds, luna was here, nes, poliwog, powers