Quantcast Reminisce (a place to talk about all your kidpub memories) - Page 24 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #231  
Old 01-12-2019, 07:35 PM
HannahChen2009 HannahChen2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stalker >:(
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
Yeah.. its definitely a group of us who keep coming on for brief spurts at a time - the amount of posts I've put on the 'goodbye' thread because I've returned from a hiatus, ugh - but I think it's gotta say something about the impact KP had, so I hope Perry's at least a little okay with it...


(also, mlp fanfics, talking a lot, leaving part 2 posts, those are the epitome of growing up, so don't worry about that stuff)
I think he would be; perhaps if we stay here for another indefinite amount of years perhaps there may be a moderator status implemented? Idk if he would consider that general direction of thinking
We'd have to get more members to join first though lol!
Also, it's funny how at 2 years old we used to be considered senior 3/4 years old kids were generally considered REALLY old, but with us just sitting around with 5/6/7 years under the belt must be something else for these newer kids lol

(I was gonna mention this part too but I was too lazy to type things up but yeah, that's just the cringe factor and doesn't really have to do with if a person was Bad or anything)

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
The amount of work I have to do to censor myself (from swearing) because I have the mouth of a sailor... ugh, I'm too old for this crap.
oof I feel. My rewrite of Hayleigh is looking to have some Major swearing in it, (It's also looking to have less than 1 (one) word, but hey, life is busy) and if have to censor that if I ever post.
__________________
And it gets easier,
Even if it never stops being hard.
-Ena, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #232  
Old 01-12-2019, 09:58 PM
smartgal00 smartgal00 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: college because I'm too old
Posts: 1,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
I think he would be; perhaps if we stay here for another indefinite amount of years perhaps there may be a moderator status implemented? Idk if he would consider that general direction of thinking
We'd have to get more members to join first though lol!
Also, it's funny how at 2 years old we used to be considered senior 3/4 years old kids were generally considered REALLY old, but with us just sitting around with 5/6/7 years under the belt must be something else for these newer kids lol

(I was gonna mention this part too but I was too lazy to type things up but yeah, that's just the cringe factor and doesn't really have to do with if a person was Bad or anything)



oof I feel. My rewrite of Hayleigh is looking to have some Major swearing in it, (It's also looking to have less than 1 (one) word, but hey, life is busy) and if have to censor that if I ever post.
Yeah, there's defo not enough people right now for moderators to be necessary haha.
Ahh, the old people who we used to hear such great things about (like pluzzle or Kiwara [i think]) probably haven't been on the site in years and then theirs us the oldies who come and lurk for every once and a while.

I remember reading some really hardcore stuff back in 7th grade and thinking, wow, this is totally too mature for some of the people here. Its also difficult with the WB since I'm talking to people who I consider my friends, and I drop the f/s/a/etc. - bomb all the time with them, but I can't here. unless i white it out like we used to do on emotional venting thread, hahahaha.
__________________
This Must Be the Place
Reply With Quote
  #233  
Old 01-13-2019, 10:37 AM
HannahChen2009 HannahChen2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stalker >:(
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
Yeah, there's defo not enough people right now for moderators to be necessary haha.
Ahh, the old people who we used to hear such great things about (like pluzzle or Kiwara [i think]) probably haven't been on the site in years and then theirs us the oldies who come and lurk for every once and a while.

I remember reading some really hardcore stuff back in 7th grade and thinking, wow, this is totally too mature for some of the people here. Its also difficult with the WB since I'm talking to people who I consider my friends, and I drop the f/s/a/etc. - bomb all the time with them, but I can't here. unless i white it out like we used to do on emotional venting thread, hahahaha.
definitely some of the bigger presences for me were Pokey and Ash, as well as fuzzy even though she joined around the time I did I saw her as a big influence in the community (and I think it's that she left around the time ash and pokey and all the others did too) but yes I definitely remember when LST x Kiwara was all the rage too
and then there's us!

I definitely relate to swearing; all my nicknames for Ena/Silvermoon are a variant of f/a/b words (besides 'salt mate's which is not easy to use in conversation
whiting out stuff on evt... Ah that bein a back memories
__________________
And it gets easier,
Even if it never stops being hard.
-Ena, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #234  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:05 PM
smartgal00 smartgal00 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: college because I'm too old
Posts: 1,451
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
definitely some of the bigger presences for me were Pokey and Ash, as well as fuzzy even though she joined around the time I did I saw her as a big influence in the community (and I think it's that she left around the time ash and pokey and all the others did too) but yes I definitely remember when LST x Kiwara was all the rage too
and then there's us!

I definitely relate to swearing; all my nicknames for Ena/Silvermoon are a variant of f/a/b words (besides 'salt mate's which is not easy to use in conversation
whiting out stuff on evt... Ah that bein a back memories
I remember all of the fandom-y stuff we did for Ash, Lena, Confuzzled, Sandy, Max and posts in the WB where we all just screamed about their writings.

Gosh, LST x Kiwara...

Or how people's real names were a huge thing, and it was a matter of figuring out if that was people's actual name, or if they weren't using their real name...
__________________
This Must Be the Place
Reply With Quote
  #235  
Old 01-13-2019, 01:49 PM
smartgal00 smartgal00 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: college because I'm too old
Posts: 1,451
Default

All these people have their contact info up and I'm so anxious, almost, to send people stuff because wow, I want to reconnect, but also don't want to be awkward, ughhhhh
__________________
This Must Be the Place
Reply With Quote
  #236  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:20 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Syafai View Post
yOU'RE ALL SO KIND I dOnT kNoW wHaT tO sAy
Lots of people come into kidpub young and dumb and come out a completely different, and better, person. We've all learned a lot from KidPub, enough to change a lot of our fundamental opinions and worldviews. I think Jill and Rachel summed it up quite well, I just wanted to provide extra reassurance and tell you that you are not alone in being "bad" in the history of kidpub.
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
  #237  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:20 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
The amount of work I have to do to censor myself (from swearing) because I have the mouth of a sailor... ugh, I'm too old for this crap.
Honestly, I don't bother to censor myself on the forums, though I'll tend to censor swearing for the sake of professionalism on the mainsite
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
  #238  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:37 PM
HannahChen2009 HannahChen2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stalker >:(
Posts: 1,805
Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by smartgal00 View Post
I remember all of the fandom-y stuff we did for Ash, Lena, Confuzzled, Sandy, Max and posts in the WB where we all just screamed about their writings.

Gosh, LST x Kiwara...

Or how people's real names were a huge thing, and it was a matter of figuring out if that was people's actual name, or if they weren't using their real name...
I'd almost forgotten about these memories before you mentioned them lol
They are less prominent for me though, since I was never active on WB back in the day, I couldn't understand it and thought no one used it
None of the names I use on this site are "real names" or they might be; none of these are my legal names since my only legal name is in Chinese (and then English, spelled phonetically) but my given name in English is Lillian BUT I've been here so long I also respond to Jill irl accidentally (the name comes up in English textbooks, so)
__________________
And it gets easier,
Even if it never stops being hard.
-Ena, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #239  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:40 PM
HannahChen2009 HannahChen2009 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Stalker >:(
Posts: 1,805
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
Honestly, I don't bother to censor myself on the forums, though I'll tend to censor swearing for the sake of professionalism on the mainsite
tbh I censor myself here but I wouldn't on the main site (maybe white out?) bc I feel like failing to preserve the swearing traits of a character sometimes feels like too big an impact
__________________
And it gets easier,
Even if it never stops being hard.
-Ena, 2017
Reply With Quote
  #240  
Old 01-13-2019, 06:44 PM
SilverMoon SilverMoon is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: palmetto state
Posts: 10,963
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
tbh I censor myself here but I wouldn't on the main site (maybe white out?) bc I feel like failing to preserve the swearing traits of a character sometimes feels like too big an impact
oh no i'll curse in the writing but not like ans and comments n shit
__________________
Love doesn't exist.
;; Therefore, there's no sorrow. ;;
That's what I thought...

.
ryo asuka
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cat squared is otp, classical cat, kayla was here, memories :'(, nilent <3, nostalgia

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:42 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.