Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2011, 11:49 AM

Location: In my own little world, but that's okay, they know me there

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
If they go and kill people because of that then they cannot be Christians because the Bible says the exact opposite of what they are doing, Just because they call themselves Christians doesn't make them Christians, just like if I say "I'm a rabbit" does it make me a rabbit?
Then why is it that when a Muslim bombs a church, they are still considered "real" Muslims?
And miles to go before I sleep.

~Robert Frost
"Stopping by Woods on a Snowy Evening"
Old 07-13-2011, 11:59 AM

because the Quran says this

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:00 PM

and this Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 07-13-2011, 12:11 PM

http://nobeliefs.com/DarkBible/darkb...n-the-daughter

And don't give me this crap that they "twisted the words." You could have twisted the words of the Qu'ran.

The fact is, no holy book was meant to be taken literally, for times have changed.

Did anyone read teh Time article on how the Constitution wasn't made for the 21st century and doesn't have much relevance anymore. There was a comment by a reader in the next issue "Why shouldn't that apply to the Bible, a two-thousand year old document in a violent male dominated culture?"
Old 07-13-2011, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
There were never any Christians in internment camps, I don't think. At least not in America.
America is more free.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
The Puritans were Christian. They killed witches because the Bible says:

A man also or woman that hath a familiar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones: their blood shall be upon them. -Leviticus 20:27
1. the woman they killed weren't witches
2. they killed them because they had different beliefs, not because they actually though they were witches.
3. communicaters of the devil are evil.
4. They were not christians. Besides, there were plenty of Puritans that thought that was stupid.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-13-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
because the Quran says this

Qur'an:9:5 "Fight and kill the disbelievers wherever you find them, take them captive, harass them, lie in wait and ambush them using every stratagem of war."
My mom, father, and sister are Muslim. Are they bloodthirsty terrorists? No.
My friend is Muslim: is she a terrorist? No.
Jack, there are more than just Christians in this country. In this world. I have a hunch that you generalize Muslims as terrorists.
Even I, as a crazy, snooty atheist (), know when to stop.

~Robert Frost
Old 07-13-2011, 01:57 PM

Quote:
and this Qur'an:8:39 "So fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief [non-Muslims]) and all submit to the religion of Allah alone (in the whole world)."
My father's country was at war and he was a POW simply because he was Muslim. His friend lost a leg. His other friend was shot in the head and went blind. His brother is mute now. And the ones who attacked were Christian Serbs. People were killed, all because of religion. It's heartbreaking. (I have nothing against Christians).

~Robert Frost
Old 07-13-2011, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
America is more free.

1. the woman they killed weren't witches
2. they killed them because they had different beliefs, not because they actually though they were witches.
3. communicaters of the devil are evil.
4. They were not christians. Besides, there were plenty of Puritans that thought that was stupid.
Your defenses of the crimes of Chritianity are pathetic. Everything wrong that christians have ever done, you just say "oh well they're not christians, they just say they are"

1. No crap, sista, witches don't exist. Neither does Santy Claus. Sorry to burst your bubble.
2. That's the point. You Christians have killed people because of their beliefs.
3. ..... Ok that sentence was ridiculous. The devil doesn't exist. You seen him? Nobody can "communicate" with the "devil", nor is there an "evil" That statement has no substance whatsoever. Let's just assume for a moment that the devil IS real, and it IS possible to communicate. What make these communicators evil? that they are talking to him?
4. ... Of course. If they do good they're a Christian, if they do bad they're not, right?
Old 07-13-2011, 02:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
My mom, father, and sister are Muslim. Are they bloodthirsty terrorists? No.
My friend is Muslim: is she a terrorist? No.
Jack, there are more than just Christians in this country. In this world. I have a hunch that you generalize Muslims as terrorists.
Even I, as a crazy, snooty atheist (), know when to stop.
I have nothing against muslims.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruza View Post
My father's country was at war and he was a POW simply because he was Muslim. His friend lost a leg. His other friend was shot in the head and went blind. His brother is mute now. And the ones who attacked were Christian Serbs. People were killed, all because of religion. It's heartbreaking. (I have nothing against Christians).
It's aweful when people do things like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sigfig View Post
Your defenses of the crimes of Chritianity are pathetic. Everything wrong that christians have ever done, you just say "oh well they're not christians, they just say they are"

1. No crap, sista, witches don't exist. Neither does Santy Claus. Sorry to burst your bubble.
2. That's the point. You Christians have killed people because of their beliefs.
3. ..... Ok that sentence was ridiculous. The devil doesn't exist. You seen him? Nobody can "communicate" with the "devil", nor is there an "evil" That statement has no substance whatsoever. Let's just assume for a moment that the devil IS real, and it IS possible to communicate. What make these communicators evil? that they are talking to him?
4. ... Of course. If they do good they're a Christian, if they do bad they're not, right?
1. I never believed in Santa and magic does exist through demons.
2. My point was that they weren't listening to the bible; they were just using it as an excuse. The passage was a metifore, anyway. Besides, I've never killed anyone, so stop making it sound like I'm a bloodthirsty person. Those weren't Christians, anyway.
3. I have not seen him, but I know four people that have and would not lie. As for what makes the communicaters evil, here's what. Imagine there was a world famous terrirost. He's also a genius. So, he invents a machine for you. You're happy, but then you come to him more often and he makes you a terrorist. That person would be evil.
4. Everyone makes mistakes, and everyone can become a Christian (even those puritans), though that doesn't apply to bunnies... lol. But there are other differences. You know that someone's a fake Christian when he or she goes around discriminating people for their beleifs, talks big about what a perfect dude he is, and stuff like that. Christianity isn't all about Jesus. It's about being good to others. It's like boy scouts or girl scouts. They're all about being nice, but just because there's this mean person, everyone hates them. No, they weren't scouts.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 07-13-2011, 03:00 PM

I was speaking to Jack, but your input is appreciated.

~Robert Frost