Quantcast Sherlock Holmes fanclub - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012, 03:07 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic
Default Sherlock Holmes fanclub

My current obsessive obsession. I have read all the stories Conan Doyle produced about him, and seen (sadly) only series two of BBC Sherlock.

So, I hope at least Leloo notices this thread, because I know at least Leloo is as obsessive as me.

Let the Sherlockians unite!
Old 02-04-2012, 05:28 PM

YEEEESSSS!!! *fist pump* I was going to make one of these, but I thought I was a lone Sherlockian. Hooray!! *high five*

Leloo noticed. ^_^ Obsessions (especially Sherlock Holmes ones) rock! 8D
Old 02-04-2012, 05:30 PM

Haha! I love the BBC Sherlock! Don't tell me anything about the second series, though, 'cause it hasn't aired in America yet. :*( But the very first three episodes rock. :3
Old 02-05-2012, 04:33 AM

I suppose I've seen the first first episode...but none of the others. It is so funny at times! And that continues into the second series with the three episodes 'A scandal in Belgravia', 'the Hounds of Baskerville' and 'the Reichenbach Fall'.
Old 02-05-2012, 01:57 PM

But it won't be on again till the end of next year! No fair! There is again, a massive cliffhanger, though not quite as big this time...

Last edited by rebecca; 08-02-2012 at 02:41 AM.
Old 02-06-2012, 01:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
But it won't be on again till the end of this year! No fair! There is again, a massive cliffhanger, though not quite as big this time...
I might have accidentally spoiled the ending of "The Reichenbach Fall" for myself anyway. >_< I did the same thing with the story "The Final Problem" a while ago. :P

Have you read the stories? If so, how many of them?

Oh, and have you seen the Guy Ritchie films? The ones with Robert Downey, Jr. and Jude Law? :3 They're fantastic.
Old 02-06-2012, 03:21 PM

I have read every single story. I haven't seen the films.

I THINK SHERLOCK HOLMES IS STALKING ME!

On TV on a random totally un-Sherlock related Arthur Conan Doyle 'of Sherlock Holmes fame' was mentioned. Then, on some forums, I saw the name. Also, the name was mentioned in a few books, and I saw a bunch of pictures of the deerstalker hat in a random, un-Sherlock related history book.

It was funny, I must say.

You've got to admit though, Conan Doyle was a great author. My most disliked book this year was the Young Sherlock Holmes - it's a crime against humanity.
Old 02-06-2012, 10:29 PM

Quote:
I have read every single story. I haven't seen the films.

I THINK SHERLOCK HOLMES IS STALKING ME!

On TV on a random totally un-Sherlock related Arthur Conan Doyle 'of Sherlock Holmes fame' was mentioned. Then, on some forums, I saw the name. Also, the name was mentioned in a few books, and I saw a bunch of pictures of the deerstalker hat in a random, un-Sherlock related history book.

It was funny, I must say.

You've got to admit though, Conan Doyle was a great author. My most disliked book this year was the Young Sherlock Holmes - it's a crime against humanity.
Ohhh, the stories are fantastic! I dislike how The Hound of the Baskervilles is the most popular story, but Holmes isn't even in it half the time. Watson's the one doing most of the work. :P But I was happy with myself because I guessed that the guy on the moor was really Holmes and not the criminal before even Watson found out. :]

The movies are good. Er, I take that back. They're SUPER good. Amazing. But I guess it's a matter of opinion; A lot of Sherlockians think that Guy Ritchie's movies and Downey Jr.'s acting doesn't do Sherlock Holmes justice, but I think it's fantastic. I'd say about 98% of the facts are true to the books. You can still appreciate the movies if you're a die-hard fan of the books, because they're excellent in their own ways. :] I definitely recommend them.

XD Sherlock Holmes gave the mystery/detective genre the symbol of the deerstalker and magnifying glass. A Study In Scarlet was the first detective literature to use the magnifying glass as a tool for solving a crime. :]

I know, right? I see Sherlock Holmes everywhere now; I can't believe I missed him so many times before I fell in love with him. :P

My teacher linked Sherlock Holmes to geometry using one of his quotes. So, of course, when someone in the class randomly asked a question about Sherlock Holmes, I was the only one who could answer it. Best day of geometry ever.

Which Young Sherlock Holmes book? I think there's two series, if not more... There's the actual Young Sherlock Holmes (I dunno the author), and then there's Sherlock Holmes: The Legend Begins series by Andrew Lane. I have that one. :P
Old 02-07-2012, 07:48 AM

I don't remember which. I'll check as soon as I feel well. Anyway...the hat is extremely funny in the second series of Sherlock - they really have a laugh with it. He only wears it once as a disguise on the first episode, then gets given one as a sarcastic present from Lestrade. It's amusing to say the least - Sherlock hates the hat, but the media love it.
Old 02-07-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
I don't remember which. I'll check as soon as I feel well. Anyway...the hat is extremely funny in the second series of Sherlock - they really have a laugh with it. He only wears it once as a disguise on the first episode, then gets given one as a sarcastic present from Lestrade. It's amusing to say the least - Sherlock hates the hat, but the media love it.
XD I read about the hat on John's fake blog thing. I can't wait to see that episode.

Tags
*sing song voice*, *wear a jacket, *you wear a jacket, do your research, elementary!, functioning-sociopath, how would you know?, my dear watson, not the right day to die, only repeating tag, sherlock, why is all zis bbc