forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2012, 05:15 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to chelseki3

Aaaaaaah!!! I can't believe I missed this thread! *facepalm*
Old 02-13-2012, 05:50 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

I started this thread for me an Leloo origionally - I didn't know there'd be anyone else....
Old 02-13-2012, 03:23 PM

Yeah, I didn't know that anyone else was a Sherlockian. Hooray! Now that more people have joined, welcome to the thread of awesome Sherlock Holmes-ness!
Old 02-13-2012, 03:36 PM

Someone needed to make one.
Old 02-17-2012, 07:39 AM

I managed to get my dad to order series one on DVD!!!
Old 02-18-2012, 07:15 PM

I WATCHED THE SECOND SERIES LAST NIGHT! It was AWESOME! Poor John... Oh, goodness, that was so heartbreaking. Moriarty... he... I can't believe he did that at the end... Gah, I don't want to mention any spoilers. So I'll shut up now. :3 Imma watch it in May (when it premiers in America) and then order it from Amazon. :3

rebecca: That's awesome! 8D I think my favorite episode from series one is the Great Game. :] What's yours?
Old 02-18-2012, 07:24 PM

Eh, been to lazy to post on this thread...

I've read a few novels. I like them, but I like Lord Peter Wimsey better. xD and Miss Marple.

I have a feeling that it's not normal to like the overly romantic and quite ridiuculous looking Lord Peter Wimsey ("I'll be investigating and picking up the grocieries. Should I pick up a marriage license on the way?") and the fluffy ninety-year-old Miss Marple over Holmes. xD

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 02-19-2012, 10:55 PM

Location: Outside 221B Baker street waiting for the TARDIS while keeping an eye out for stray Ford Granadas
Send a message via MSN to HappyWithADashOfBlue Send a message via Skype™ to HappyWithADashOfBlue

Yes! I was hoping there was a thread about SH on here!

I've been a major fan since Sherlock Holmes (2009) came out, but I just really got back into it after watching the sequel a couple months ago, and the BBC series a little bit after that *I've not seen second season though yet D:*

I have a tough time deciding between RDJ and Benedict when thinking about who my favorite Holmes is. I like both of them for different reasons, but the BBC version is creepily like me. 0-o

"Didn't think you were the type to lock a murder suspect in a giant freezer."

"He wouldn't answer my question."

---- BBC's Life on Mars
Old 02-19-2012, 11:11 PM

I really like RDJ more than Ben C., but it's freaking hard to decide. They're both brilliant. :3 And their Watsons match them perfectly.

For the life of me, I will never be able to find out why anyone ever thought A Game of Shadows was a bad movie. Curse you, critics!

Honestly, I have little idea of how I got into Sherlock Holmes... I think it was when I saw a video on YouTube with clips from The Great Mouse Detective in it. I hadn't seen that movie since I was really little, and at that time it scared me to death. So I watched it again, and I fell in love with Basil. Knowing that he was based off of Sherlock Holmes, I gave the 2009 movie a try (RDJ had me at the first line of the film :3). Then came the books, and with it my new obsession, which shall never die. I tell my friends that I want to be a Sherlockian or Baker Street Irregular someday and visit 221B Baker Street. :]

Oh, and I'm knitting a scarf like Dr. Watson's in A Game of Shadows. XD If that doesn't scream "Fangirl", I don't know what does. ;]

Random: I LOVE this video so much. You have to watch it! XD http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fmja0...eature=related
Old 02-19-2012, 11:29 PM

Wait... you're a girl, Leloo?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
*sing song voice*, *wear a jacket, *you wear a jacket, do your research, elementary!, functioning-sociopath, how would you know?, my dear watson, not the right day to die, only repeating tag, sherlock, why is all zis bbc