Quantcast {~the Transparent Timepiece~} FANCLUB! - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2012, 11:04 PM

Chapter 2 will be posted tomorrow afternoon. ^_^ Thanks, guys!
Old 05-30-2012, 11:22 AM

A few hours early, but here it is! Enjoy! :^D

{ ~ The Transparent Timepiece ~ } Chapter 2: The Consulting Inventor of Sailor Street

Also, note: I still haven't gotten around to describing Cricket's physical features. -_- I'll probably slip that into chapter 1. Very quickly, here's what she looks like (I will put this in later):

She's short, slender, with loosely-curled, white-blonde hair (that's always tied up with a ribbon). She has pale skin with very faint freckles. Oh, and she always wears her hat. :^3
Old 05-30-2012, 02:45 PM

I love this story so far, but feel like murdering you, Leloo. XD

Fourteen comments on the first chapter?!?!?!?

You are amazing, Leloo, as is that story.

*is pretty glad that you have written a story that isn't personification*
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 05-30-2012, 04:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
I love this story so far, but feel like murdering you, Leloo. XD

Fourteen comments on the first chapter?!?!?!?

You are amazing, Leloo, as is that story.

*is pretty glad that you have written a story that isn't personification*
WOW. Really?! *goes to check* Holy cow... That's insane. O_O I think that's the most I've had since I joined KidPub. :^D

D'aw, thanks! ^_^ And I, too, am very happy that I have (finally) written a non-animal story. :^3

Last edited by Leloo; 05-30-2012 at 04:19 PM.
Old 05-30-2012, 04:09 PM

Leloooooooooooooo!!!!! I LOVE TTT! :'D I just.... haven't.... commented..... YET. >:B Do you have a synopsis? What's the genre? CRICKET IS AWESOME! AS IS MR. NEVERMORE!!!! *total fantomboy* 8D
Old 05-30-2012, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarka View Post
Leloooooooooooooo!!!!! I LOVE TTT! :'D I just.... haven't.... commented..... YET. >:B Do you have a synopsis? What's the genre? CRICKET IS AWESOME! AS IS MR. NEVERMORE!!!! *total fantomboy* 8D
TARKA-TARKA-TARKA!!! *glomps* I've missed you! You're never on when I am. D^:

You read it?! Thank you so so so much! And you liked it too?! :^D

My day has been made. ^.^

The genre is alternate-history/fantasy/mystery. :^B I have a really brief synopsis from Figment's version of the story...

"A crystal pocket watch with the power to manipulate time falls into the hands of an eccentric inventor and his new assistant, thus reviving an ancient curse that threatens to terrorize the city of Oblivia and beyond."

It's much more than that, but I made the description insanely brief. X^D

Thank youuuu! 8^D

Last edited by Leloo; 05-30-2012 at 05:14 PM.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:21 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Oh, and to inform you of something, Leloo, I have a prologue and second chapter posted...it's now called, appropriately, Bones and Ashes. His name's Bone, he reduces things to ashes.
Old 06-06-2012, 01:57 PM

Ooh, really? Awesome! And that is probably the coolest title ever. ^.^
Old 06-06-2012, 02:02 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Well, it fits. Nevermore is sane, for goodness sake. Thank your lucky stars you didn't get saddled with Bone...and a country with an absolute monarchy...thankfully Bone is anti-royalist...which is punishable by death.
Old 09-04-2012, 05:46 PM

*nervously adjusts bow tie*

*taps microphone and clears throat*

Er, hello, all... So, um, I have some things to say. :^3

*unrolls long list of things to say*

First off, I went to writing camp back at the end of June and had to abandon KidPub for a week to focus on our homework and assignments and classes (I was constantly busy!) That week was the best time of my life! I enjoyed every minute of it! And I got A LOT of help with Transparent Timepiece. I got to share a bit of chapter one with my workshop class, and everyone really enjoyed it. ^_^ A few people said they'd make their own fanclub for it, haha. ;^D

Well, after getting home, I guess I kind of got caught up in a busy schedule. I didn't get a lot of time to write throughout July, and when August came along, I abandoned Transparent Timepiece altogether to focus on a contest Figment.com was holding. That lasted an entire month. And now that it's over—and here's what this whole message is about—

I'm going to pick up Transparent Timepiece again. ^.^

Now, I don't know if anyone remembers it, or if anyone really enjoyed it very much in the first place. I don't feel comfortable saying "Ooooh everyone looooooves my story! They think it's awwwwwesome!" Because, hey, that might not be totally true. :^P So whether or not I get a bunch of comments or fanclub posts doesn't matter; I'll keep writing and keep posting as much as I can no matter what.

The storyline is changed just a tad bit; and trust me, it's a bajillion times cooler than before. Also, I'm thinking about changing Nevermore's name (I'm not saying anything more just yet!).

Soooo, I just wanted to let people know that a) I haven't left KidPub for good, b) Transparent Timepiece is coming back, and c) it's gonna be better than before. :^) I'm really excited for it, and I hope I'm not alone on that. ^.^

Ah... Thank you. *bows*

*steps away from mic*

*curtains close*

Tags
**live the gif war, *love the gif war, anna added the tags jk, award winning novel, bestseller soon ;), cricklo, epik book, flaming mangoes, go leloo!, leloo, lelooness :p, only repeating tag, sequel needs, story on kidpub, transparent timepiece