forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Clubs
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2014, 04:26 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
Hello hello, it's been quite a while! But I have a quick announcement:
TTT readers who have been following me on tumblr kinda already know about this, but I just wanted it to be known to those who I haven't been in contact with.

TTT has since been retitled Lophii. And it is no longer a novel, but a graphic novel, and it is being posted at its own website (hosted by ComicFury).

Lophii.thecomicseries.com

I don't know how often I'll be able to update it, but as soon as I get some pages done and it takes off, I'll be more immersed in its production. Hopefully I'll be able to teach myself how to edit html and make the website all jazzy and such. Until then though, it's lookin' pretty bland. XD

Also you can see some of my cool art stuff pertaining to Lophii on my DeviantArt, like character designs, concepts, etc.

gravitycure on DeviantArt

As always, you can contact me through a number of ways, all of which are listed on my KidPub profile page.

And to all the newbies here at KidPub since I left... AAAAAYYYYYYYYY OW U DOIN
That sounds cool.
I'm glad you're still going with this idea. I always liked it, even if I kept getting confused at all the changes. This change, however, looks like it will be interesting. I'd like to see where it goes.
Old 02-04-2014, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
That sounds cool.
I'm glad you're still going with this idea. I always liked it, even if I kept getting confused at all the changes. This change, however, looks like it will be interesting. I'd like to see where it goes.
Thanks, Rebecca!

Hehe, yeah, it's changed so much over the years, I'm sure it's quite confusing if you've been following since the beginning. I kinda regret not keeping all those ideas to myself, so it wouldn't be confusing for my followers, but of course there was no way of knowing at the time that I would revamp it so much that it would become almost unrecognizable when I was finished. If I ever finished, I mean.

I'll post a summary if anyone's interested (or maybe I'll figure out how to add an "About" page on the website and put it there?) but the characters are the same and that age-old "magic pocket watch" idea is still one of the main focuses. So it's not entirely changed. New setting, a slight backstory change for both characters... Oh, and the lantern on Cricket's head, as seen on the cover... That's the biggest change, but as soon as I thought of it, all the pieces fell into place and it was like "OH THE PLOT MAKES SENSE NOW!" So it's all for the better, I suppose. I hope it's well-received, given the circumstances of previous updates and my former attempts at pitching "THE FINAL" version that never was. Basically I hope this version is better than any of the old ones. I think it will be. :3

Also, "Lophii" is pronounced "lah-fee." It's short for lophiiformes (lah-fee-form-ees) and if you wanna know what that means, just Google search.
Old 02-05-2014, 02:12 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
Thanks, Rebecca!

Hehe, yeah, it's changed so much over the years, I'm sure it's quite confusing if you've been following since the beginning. I kinda regret not keeping all those ideas to myself, so it wouldn't be confusing for my followers, but of course there was no way of knowing at the time that I would revamp it so much that it would become almost unrecognizable when I was finished. If I ever finished, I mean.

I'll post a summary if anyone's interested (or maybe I'll figure out how to add an "About" page on the website and put it there?) but the characters are the same and that age-old "magic pocket watch" idea is still one of the main focuses. So it's not entirely changed. New setting, a slight backstory change for both characters... Oh, and the lantern on Cricket's head, as seen on the cover... That's the biggest change, but as soon as I thought of it, all the pieces fell into place and it was like "OH THE PLOT MAKES SENSE NOW!" So it's all for the better, I suppose. I hope it's well-received, given the circumstances of previous updates and my former attempts at pitching "THE FINAL" version that never was. Basically I hope this version is better than any of the old ones. I think it will be. :3

Also, "Lophii" is pronounced "lah-fee." It's short for lophiiformes (lah-fee-form-ees) and if you wanna know what that means, just Google search.
Leloo, I'm the person who memorises scientific names. If I DIDN'T know what Lophiiformes were, I'd never be able to live with myself.
Old 02-05-2014, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
Leloo, I'm the person who memorises scientific names. If I DIDN'T know what Lophiiformes were, I'd never be able to live with myself.
Haha, I knew you, of all people, would know right away. XD

Tags
**live the gif war, *love the gif war, anna added the tags jk, award winning novel, bestseller soon ;), cricklo, epik book, flaming mangoes, go leloo!, leloo, lelooness :p, only repeating tag, sequel needs, story on kidpub, transparent timepiece