Quantcast What do you think of zombies? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old 10-27-2012, 11:40 PM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default What do you think of zombies?

Are they old? Were they left behind in the 2000-2008's? Can they make for a good book if written correctly?

And on a side-note, what do you think of the title "The next Eight days"?
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:17 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,822
Default

Zombies. :^/ Not quite sure. There are scientifical researches about them in local graveyards. Maybe, you could write a novel based on that, perhaps. Though, zombies in general (I think) are a big waste of time.
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:49 AM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
Zombies. :^/ Not quite sure. There are scientifical researches about them in local graveyards. Maybe, you could write a novel based on that, perhaps. Though, zombies in general (I think) are a big waste of time.
Well i wanted to try a more infected style, not literally undead.
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 10-28-2012, 01:20 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,822
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
Well i wanted to try a more infected style, not literally undead.
The infected are more difficult and complex to talk about, however. :^J Usually, I would say that the 'infected' are so un-original to write about and then, readers won't get interested in your works. In this case, you should do some research on zombies, seeing that they are a hard thing to explain to other people. I mean, really. ._. You can't just start into a prologue of a zombie novel to start with an action scene, like for example: "It punched me in the cheek, my teeth feeling omniously numb."... That just doesn't appeal to me. You need a type of backstory and backGROUND to chat about. If you have that, you are ready to go and write. But, I suggest writing after you do research so you get some good ideas of what to use it for. ^_^ So, maybe, you can go research "zombify" on Wikipedia or Google or ask fellow people around you about them for research. Though, when people think about zombies, they think about The Walking Dead or Plants versus Zombies. And, thinking about that, it doesn't sound right, now does it? ._. Meh, if you reply, I can help you with planning your novel. Also, that title sounds a bit obvious to the plot. Maybe, you can say something more... intruiging, perhaps, for your followers/readers.
More things:
(1) I have a unique character in my story who is a zombie. :P His name is Achiloo. He's not a main character so, that's another thing right there. Don't make your main characters a zombie. It makes it seem like you actually believe in them, scientifically for a reason or two and that isn't very inviting. D:
(2) Think of pictures of zombies and scenes and watch zombie movies like Zombieland. It's a parody but it is very good for zombie researching.

I mean, seriously. DON'T make your characters un-realistic because it makes you seem like you don't want to get involved with the story ever so much. My story is in it's editing stage and is at 30,000 words and I only have one zombie. Don't have too many in your story, bud. Just don't.
._. I don't like zombies so much but I know so much about them. Lot of people think they think I am, like, a scientist. ._. It's sad. :P
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 10-28-2012, 02:13 AM
bookworm1999 bookworm1999 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Arandell
Posts: 8,809
Default Ummm....

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
The infected are more difficult and complex to talk about, however. :^J Usually, I would say that the 'infected' are so un-original to write about and then, readers won't get interested in your works. In this case, you should do some research on zombies, seeing that they are a hard thing to explain to other people. I mean, really. ._. You can't just start into a prologue of a zombie novel to start with an action scene, like for example: "It punched me in the cheek, my teeth feeling omniously numb."... That just doesn't appeal to me. You need a type of backstory and backGROUND to chat about. If you have that, you are ready to go and write. But, I suggest writing after you do research so you get some good ideas of what to use it for. ^_^ So, maybe, you can go research "zombify" on Wikipedia or Google or ask fellow people around you about them for research. Though, when people think about zombies, they think about The Walking Dead or Plants versus Zombies. And, thinking about that, it doesn't sound right, now does it? ._. Meh, if you reply, I can help you with planning your novel. Also, that title sounds a bit obvious to the plot. Maybe, you can say something more... intruiging, perhaps, for your followers/readers.
More things:
(1) I have a unique character in my story who is a zombie. :P His name is Achiloo. He's not a main character so, that's another thing right there. Don't make your main characters a zombie. It makes it seem like you actually believe in them, scientifically for a reason or two and that isn't very inviting. D:
(2) Think of pictures of zombies and scenes and watch zombie movies like Zombieland. It's a parody but it is very good for zombie researching.

I mean, seriously. DON'T make your characters un-realistic because it makes you seem like you don't want to get involved with the story ever so much. My story is in it's editing stage and is at 30,000 words and I only have one zombie. Don't have too many in your story, bud. Just don't.
._. I don't like zombies so much but I know so much about them. Lot of people think they think I am, like, a scientist. ._. It's sad. :P

Uhhh..... what he said! :0)
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 10-28-2012, 04:24 AM
maxi maxi is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The land down under
Posts: 12,822
Default

:O What me said or what he said?
__________________
What a wonderful caricature of intimacy
Raindrops on roses and
Girls in white dresses and
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 10-28-2012, 11:49 AM
L.S.Trendom L.S.Trendom is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift
Posts: 58,652
Default

I've read two zombie books… World War Z and This Is Not A Test. The second was scribed by Courtney Summers; I don't recall the author of the former. Both were, in my opinion, brilliant. World War Z was far more reaching and action-filled: it chronicled the entire world's struggle against zombies and the ensuing war. This Is Not A Test, on the other hand, had a much smaller, more emotional range: it told the story of a handful of high-school students trapped in a school, trying to survive and deal with their emotions. The main character and narrator, for example, is suicidal.

/feelsliketalkingfanciful
/kindofofftopicish
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:36 PM
wildwolf wildwolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
The infected are more difficult and complex to talk about, however. :^J Usually, I would say that the 'infected' are so un-original to write about and then, readers won't get interested in your works. In this case, you should do some research on zombies, seeing that they are a hard thing to explain to other people. I mean, really. ._. You can't just start into a prologue of a zombie novel to start with an action scene, like for example: "It punched me in the cheek, my teeth feeling omniously numb."... That just doesn't appeal to me. You need a type of backstory and backGROUND to chat about. If you have that, you are ready to go and write. But, I suggest writing after you do research so you get some good ideas of what to use it for. ^_^ So, maybe, you can go research "zombify" on Wikipedia or Google or ask fellow people around you about them for research. Though, when people think about zombies, they think about The Walking Dead or Plants versus Zombies. And, thinking about that, it doesn't sound right, now does it? ._. Meh, if you reply, I can help you with planning your novel. Also, that title sounds a bit obvious to the plot. Maybe, you can say something more... intruiging, perhaps, for your followers/readers.
More things:
(1) I have a unique character in my story who is a zombie. :P His name is Achiloo. He's not a main character so, that's another thing right there. Don't make your main characters a zombie. It makes it seem like you actually believe in them, scientifically for a reason or two and that isn't very inviting. D:
(2) Think of pictures of zombies and scenes and watch zombie movies like Zombieland. It's a parody but it is very good for zombie researching.

I mean, seriously. DON'T make your characters un-realistic because it makes you seem like you don't want to get involved with the story ever so much. My story is in it's editing stage and is at 30,000 words and I only have one zombie. Don't have too many in your story, bud. Just don't.
._. I don't like zombies so much but I know so much about them. Lot of people think they think I am, like, a scientist. ._. It's sad. :P

I gotta disagree with that sentence in bold.
The Walking Dead has SOOOOO many zombies, because it's about survivors of the apocalypse and the zombies are the antagonists. And it's a good, interesting, quality story. That goes for the game, comics, and tv show.

Just having one zombie in your story seems kind of weird, don't you think? Like, out of the blue?
__________________
"Diamonds are found only in the dark places of the earth; truths are found only in the depths of thought." -Victor Hugo
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 10-28-2012, 12:36 PM
wildwolf wildwolf is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 3,457
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
Well i wanted to try a more infected style, not literally undead.
Sounds interesting. Go for it. It's not the bite that does it!
__________________
"Diamonds are found only in the dark places of the earth; truths are found only in the depths of thought." -Victor Hugo
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 10-28-2012, 04:45 PM
Tiresomehoopla Tiresomehoopla is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Chenarus
Posts: 746
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
The infected are more difficult and complex to talk about, however. :^J Usually, I would say that the 'infected' are so un-original to write about and then, readers won't get interested in your works. In this case, you should do some research on zombies, seeing that they are a hard thing to explain to other people. I mean, really. ._. You can't just start into a prologue of a zombie novel to start with an action scene, like for example: "It punched me in the cheek, my teeth feeling omniously numb."... That just doesn't appeal to me. You need a type of backstory and backGROUND to chat about. If you have that, you are ready to go and write. But, I suggest writing after you do research so you get some good ideas of what to use it for. ^_^ So, maybe, you can go research "zombify" on Wikipedia or Google or ask fellow people around you about them for research. Though, when people think about zombies, they think about The Walking Dead or Plants versus Zombies. And, thinking about that, it doesn't sound right, now does it? ._. Meh, if you reply, I can help you with planning your novel. Also, that title sounds a bit obvious to the plot. Maybe, you can say something more... intruiging, perhaps, for your followers/readers.
More things:
(1) I have a unique character in my story who is a zombie. :P His name is Achiloo. He's not a main character so, that's another thing right there. Don't make your main characters a zombie. It makes it seem like you actually believe in them, scientifically for a reason or two and that isn't very inviting. D:
(2) Think of pictures of zombies and scenes and watch zombie movies like Zombieland. It's a parody but it is very good for zombie researching.

I mean, seriously. DON'T make your characters un-realistic because it makes you seem like you don't want to get involved with the story ever so much. My story is in it's editing stage and is at 30,000 words and I only have one zombie. Don't have too many in your story, bud. Just don't.
._. I don't like zombies so much but I know so much about them. Lot of people think they think I am, like, a scientist. ._. It's sad. :P
In my plot, terrorists with a motive to be decided turn nano technology (Look it up or look up Micheal crichton's prey) into a biological virus that makes you infected and they release it into the water source. It is delivered by a bite, or if saliva, blood, or any other bodily fluid from the infected gets through an open wound, or through your eyes, nostrils, or mouth. If the host dies, the nano-bots abandon it and actively search through the air for a new host, meaning that if one area is totally infected life may never inhabit it again.
__________________
Error:Signature.exe not found
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
only repeating tag

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:42 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.