Quantcast What do you think of zombies? - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-28-2012, 06:03 PM

I like zombies. I like well-written stuff. I like the two of them combined.
Old 10-28-2012, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
In my plot, terrorists with a motive to be decided turn nano technology (Look it up or look up Micheal crichton's prey) into a biological virus that makes you infected and they release it into the water source. It is delivered by a bite, or if saliva, blood, or any other bodily fluid from the infected gets through an open wound, or through your eyes, nostrils, or mouth. If the host dies, the nano-bots abandon it and actively search through the air for a new host, meaning that if one area is totally infected life may never inhabit it again.
Chemical warfare. Genius. Stick with it, it's a great idea.
Old 10-29-2012, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
The infected are more difficult and complex to talk about, however. :^J Usually, I would say that the 'infected' are so un-original to write about and then, readers won't get interested in your works. In this case, you should do some research on zombies, seeing that they are a hard thing to explain to other people. I mean, really. ._. You can't just start into a prologue of a zombie novel to start with an action scene, like for example: "It punched me in the cheek, my teeth feeling omniously numb."... That just doesn't appeal to me. You need a type of backstory and backGROUND to chat about. If you have that, you are ready to go and write. But, I suggest writing after you do research so you get some good ideas of what to use it for. ^_^ So, maybe, you can go research "zombify" on Wikipedia or Google or ask fellow people around you about them for research. Though, when people think about zombies, they think about The Walking Dead or Plants versus Zombies. And, thinking about that, it doesn't sound right, now does it? ._. Meh, if you reply, I can help you with planning your novel. Also, that title sounds a bit obvious to the plot. Maybe, you can say something more... intruiging, perhaps, for your followers/readers.
More things:
(1) I have a unique character in my story who is a zombie. :P His name is Achiloo. He's not a main character so, that's another thing right there. Don't make your main characters a zombie. It makes it seem like you actually believe in them, scientifically for a reason or two and that isn't very inviting. D:
(2) Think of pictures of zombies and scenes and watch zombie movies like Zombieland. It's a parody but it is very good for zombie researching.

I mean, seriously. DON'T make your characters un-realistic because it makes you seem like you don't want to get involved with the story ever so much. My story is in it's editing stage and is at 30,000 words and I only have one zombie. Don't have too many in your story, bud. Just don't.
._. I don't like zombies so much but I know so much about them. Lot of people think they think I am, like, a scientist. ._. It's sad. :P

Oh, and i'm going to have to have lots. So the bold sentence doesn't really apply...
Old 10-30-2012, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
In my plot, terrorists with a motive to be decided turn nano technology (Look it up or look up Micheal crichton's prey) into a biological virus that makes you infected and they release it into the water source. It is delivered by a bite, or if saliva, blood, or any other bodily fluid from the infected gets through an open wound, or through your eyes, nostrils, or mouth. If the host dies, the nano-bots abandon it and actively search through the air for a new host, meaning that if one area is totally infected life may never inhabit it again.
Sounds like a great plot! I'd read it.

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 12-09-2012, 04:41 PM

I like the GIF...
I want to stargaze,
I want to see
to write,
just to be.
Old 12-09-2012, 04:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwolf View Post
I gotta disagree with that sentence in bold.
The Walking Dead has SOOOOO many zombies, because it's about survivors of the apocalypse and the zombies are the antagonists. And it's a good, interesting, quality story. That goes for the game, comics, and tv show.

Just having one zombie in your story seems kind of weird, don't you think? Like, out of the blue?
Yeah. One zombie is pretty strange. Like, wouldn't it had bitten others, thus causing an infection?
Old 12-09-2012, 08:20 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Anybody else watched High School of the Dead? (HOTD)

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 12-09-2012, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catty View Post
Yeah. One zombie is pretty strange. Like, wouldn't it had bitten others, thus causing an infection?
Yep. Of course

One zombie is especially strange for a book focusing on zombies :/
Old 12-09-2012, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
Anybody else watched High School of the Dead? (HOTD)
Me! I have!
Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Zombies are epic. They're just so slow and stuff.

Tags
only repeating tag