Quantcast The OTP Thread of Shippy Shipping - Page 57 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-19-2014, 12:42 AM

nezushi is so fucking adorable i swear to god

*looks at tags* omg travarah and natimir and travitchell I remember those ships I miss that story so fucking much

ryo asuka
Old 06-19-2014, 12:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverMoon View Post
you know that feeling where literally everything (okay, not everything, but a crap ton of things) reminds you of your otp
*tries to count my otps*
*gives up once I reach 100*

ryo asuka
Old 06-23-2014, 10:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lena View Post
hey yo guys i've finished the picture. i'll have it up as soon as i get an ok photo c:
I'm not going to stop bugging you until I see the picture. Naww just kidding
Old 06-23-2014, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
Not so much anymore. I ship Markon now.
Good.
Tenchar
Old 06-23-2014, 11:22 PM

what are these ships even

???

i really dont know anything about kp anymore and i feel alienatedddd halp

-relatable post #234
Old 06-24-2014, 12:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arin View Post
what are these ships even

???

i really dont know anything about kp anymore and i feel alienatedddd halp
Just try to ignore the shipping. That's what a lot of you oldies are doing (i can't include myself in the oldies, seeing as I've been here a year). I'm avoiding the shipping for the most part.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elizabeth View Post
Just try to ignore the shipping. That's what a lot of you oldies are doing (i can't include myself in the oldies, seeing as I've been here a year). I'm avoiding the shipping for the most part.
Same. At first it was fun but now it's getting really stupid and annoying with all of these effing jam tags. Stfu about Jam, alright? I mean I've made myself very clear that this is bothering me, but clearly nobody cares.
Old 06-24-2014, 08:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
Same. At first it was fun but now it's getting really stupid and annoying with all of these effing jam tags. Stfu about Jam, alright? I mean I've made myself very clear that this is bothering me, but clearly nobody cares.
Obviously. I think it's Nick that's posting them. *rolls eyes*

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.
Old 06-24-2014, 09:28 AM

Actually, I think shipping is a thing that only oldies/newbies do. Like, people in between typically don't ship people. But it's basically pairing two people together whom you think would make a cute couple (think of it like a blind date for their entire relationship)

And I only ship fictional characters (and I only actually have a few couples that I like together, so I actually don't ship things that often). However, most people just enjoy yelling "ship!" or "I ship it!" when a cute couple comes on screen/comes together on the page/are drawn in the same piece of artwork/do something that makes them perfectly compatible.

So, it's not too much to worry about until people start shipping REAL PEOPLE or until they have an OTP (one true pairing). Not that OTPs are bad (I have one of my own) but they usually cause a lot of pain, tears, and heartache because these two people make such a wonderful couple (trust me, that is literally an OTP)

Some other shipping vocab is Brotp which is like a one true pairing but in a more tomboyish, platonic way than a romantic relationship. Notp is a pairing that some people like and some people hate, so if you hate a particular pairing, that couple is your Notp (even if you like both parts of the couple separately, you just can't see them in this kind of relationship). That's about all you need to know about shipping, but I will agree that the tags here (and everywhere on WB) can get out of hand. We just ignore them even when they bother us. Anyways, have fun shipping (and sobbing because that's what happens when you start to ship characters!)
Old 06-24-2014, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
Actually, I think shipping is a thing that only oldies/newbies do. Like, people in between typically don't ship people. But it's basically pairing two people together whom you think would make a cute couple (think of it like a blind date for their entire relationship)

And I only ship fictional characters (and I only actually have a few couples that I like together, so I actually don't ship things that often). However, most people just enjoy yelling "ship!" or "I ship it!" when a cute couple comes on screen/comes together on the page/are drawn in the same piece of artwork/do something that makes them perfectly compatible.

So, it's not too much to worry about until people start shipping REAL PEOPLE or until they have an OTP (one true pairing). Not that OTPs are bad (I have one of my own) but they usually cause a lot of pain, tears, and heartache because these two people make such a wonderful couple (trust me, that is literally an OTP)

Some other shipping vocab is Brotp which is like a one true pairing but in a more tomboyish, platonic way than a romantic relationship. Notp is a pairing that some people like and some people hate, so if you hate a particular pairing, that couple is your Notp (even if you like both parts of the couple separately, you just can't see them in this kind of relationship). That's about all you need to know about shipping, but I will agree that the tags here (and everywhere on WB) can get out of hand. We just ignore them even when they bother us. Anyways, have fun shipping (and sobbing because that's what happens when you start to ship characters!)
I think what happens is the newbies see the oldies shipping and then they begin shipping, though some of them take it too far.

Last edited by Arthurboulos; 06-24-2014 at 09:45 AM. Reason: Reasons

Tags
chriscolfer+heather=<3, destiel ftw! c:, destiel is forever, doctor + rose, emma x chair, flaming mangoes, frikey!!!, gwen5evar, gwen6eva, jiper and pason!!!, jon+ygritte!, kellic, lilaacinfinityever, lilaagwen, lol and travarah! xd, lyall_areyel_was_here, meerkatxmeerkatjunior <3, my socks sing me songs, natimir ftw!!, rumbelle<3, sassy, the otp 5evr, travitchell max added, where is the chicken, y u no kiss already? -_-