Quantcast Character Cafe NES *I know.... it's stupid* - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-31-2013, 09:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toriluv91750 View Post
Okay, yeah.
I pretty much got the idea from Wreck-It-Ralph.
The NES/'Character Cafe' is pretty much like the Game Central Station from Wreck-It-Ralph. It's where our characters from our book come and can go into different books, chat, and what-not.
It's stupid, but here's the form:

Character's Name:
Book they are from:
Looks:
Personality:
*You can enter up to three characters, and, depending on how many people enter, I may allow you to enter more*

Now, I shall watch as nobody joins this NES.........
Character's Name: September Crowden
Book they are from: It's Cold Outside
Looks: Short light brown hair cut at ear level, perpetually brusied knees. Average height for a 16 year old. Hazel eyes.
Personality: Quiet because of certain unnamable things in her past. Doesn't trust anybody. Not really.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 06-01-2013, 08:08 PM

*revivereviverevive*
Old 06-02-2013, 10:11 AM

(Anyone wanna start?)

ryo asuka
Old 06-02-2013, 10:29 AM

(I shall!)
Sophie Parker was tired after a long day of being in Grace's stories. All her co-workers were asleep.
And that meant it was time for some fun.
A smile played across her lips, as she stood. She snuck down to the holding room in between her story and the Character Cafe. She slipped off her shorts and T-shirt, and slipped on a red dress. She applied makeup, and fixed her hair. In the Character Cafe, Sophie loved to flirt.
And flirt she would! She had just gotten a text from Rory. He was fun to play with in between writing sessions. They could certainly cause mischeif... maybe sneak into a story.
Sophie twisted up her hair, and headed in. She ordered her favorite, a caramel latte. While, she was waiting, humming "Taylor the Latte Boy" under her breath, she spotted groups of characters. Strange characters, that were unfimilar.
Sophie smiled in a cunning way as she received her latte. Showtime, she thought.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:15 AM

Arrow Sotsona Enters the Cafe

Sotsona Naugwaur slipped through the Mountain Nomad portal door and into the Character Cafe. He glanced around at the dozens of unfamiliar faces-- he'd never been into the Cafe before, only told about it by his older brother, Ian. He studied the other characters-- some were dressed up, while others wore casual. There were all sorts of different characters in here-- realistic fiction characters, Sci-Fi characters, other Fantasy characters... Every genre was represented, and depending on the timeline of development in their story world, each character was dressed differently. Sotsona was wearing a plain brown tunic and trousers, with a dark, rich brown winter cloak around him. He stared puzzledly at the more modern-age characters in graphic tees and jeans, but didn't question them. Sure, his book-world had some technologies, but most of them were in the possession of the Trench Nomads, and clothing technologies weren't really among them anyway.

He wondered what to do now that he was here...

ryo asuka
Old 06-02-2013, 11:58 AM

September knew that he was looking for her, and she knew that she wouldn't let him find her either. She closed her eyes and imagine herself somewhere where he would never find her. A sharp twist of the silver choker and she hear a loud pop, as if a baloon has burst inside her ear. She opened her eyes and smoothed her trench coat.
It seemed like some sort of food shop, crowded, but nevertheless, warm and friendly.
Warm, hell of a lot better than cold...September shuddered. After that attempt on her life, she would take warm any day. She advanced, looking for a friendly face.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain
Old 06-02-2013, 07:15 PM

I WILL JOIN NOW ;~;

Character's Name: Rain Eris Indigo
Book they are from: The War of the Gifted series, though I'm contemplating making into a three-part novel...yeah...(*le rambling pointlessly*)
Looks: Dark - almost black - hair that is curly/wavy and tumbles over her shoulders and to her chest. Fair skin that gets very tan in summer. Bright BRIGHT blue-gray-green eyes framed by long, dark eyelashes. Thin and petite; stands about five foot three. Erm...usually wears graphic tees and skinny jeans. Braids her hair a lot...yeah...Oh, and she has freckles sprinkled across her nose.
Personality: Eh, to be revealed. (*coughcoughI'mtoolazytotypeherupcough*)

Character's Name: Holden Black
Book they are from: WotG (War of the Gifted)
Looks: Thick, wavy brown hair that is somewhat shaggy and gets very highlighted in the summer. Bottomless brown eyes that can pour into the soul (hehe). Naturally tanned skin. Tallish and well-built. Usually dresses casually.
Personality: Too lazy...You'll find out.

Character's Name: Chase Grithmend
Book they are from: Lurking in the Darkness
Looks: Tall and thin, with spindly fingers that often wander and mess with things. Sandy blonde hair and ice-blue eyes. Lightly-tanned skin. Dresses casually and comfortably, due to the fact that he's always fighting supernatural thingies called Black Souls and must be able to move...(*rambles a lot*)
Personality: See the above two characters.

Rain leaned against a wall, bored. "Ugh, I hate being on hold," she grumbled.
"It's better than being written," her friend, Holden, protested. "Lena's always torturing us." Holden slumped to the floor, running his fingers through his hair. Rain sat down next to him, rolling her eyes toward the ceiling.
"Do you want to go somewhere?" Rain asked halfheartedly, glancing at Holden sideways.
A devilish grin danced across the boy's lips, as he responded, "Like a date?"
Rain shoved him, laughing, and said, "Not exactly, but we could chill at the Character Cafe for a while." Holden nodded, and the pair got up.
They walked through the pages of Microsoft Word, hiding between the less-than-eccentric words that their author was always writing in their voices. Rain looked appalled when she stopped at her friend's, Jaedyn's, chapter, and murmured, "God, this is awful." (*Yuss, my character's hate me XD*)
Holden elbowed her, and they continued.
Rain and Holden finally got to the portal in chapter seven, and they hopped through to meet their friends.

((death, white lies))

Last edited by Lena; 06-02-2013 at 07:32 PM.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:36 PM

Rory was just hanging out when he caught Sophie's eye. With a grin, he ran to catch up. But, by the time he reached her, Ribb Masters from The Island, was already there, flirting mercilessly.
"Hey, Rory!" Sophie said.
"Lotta people here," Ribb remarked, leaning against the counter.
They saw more and more people exiting portals. Sophie quickly pointed out two kids exiting a portal. They looked... mischeivious. One of them was extrememly pretty, Rory noticed, with her long curly black hair.
"They look like good mischeif partners," Sophie said with a smirk.
"Then let's go say hello!" Ribb said.
And so they started over.
Old 06-02-2013, 07:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graceterry View Post
Rory was just hanging out when he caught Sophie's eye. With a grin, he ran to catch up. But, by the time he reached her, Ribb Masters from The Island, was already there, flirting mercilessly.
"Hey, Rory!" Sophie said.
"Lotta people here," Ribb remarked, leaning against the counter.
They saw more and more people exiting portals. Sophie quickly pointed out two kids exiting a portal. They looked... mischeivious. One of them was extrememly pretty, Rory noticed, with her long curly black hair.
"They look like good mischeif partners," Sophie said with a smirk.
"Then let's go say hello!" Ribb said.
And so they started over.
(YAY HAI GRACE)

Rain felt eyes on her, and she instinctively reached for Holden's hand. His strong fingers curling around hers', Holden looked down at Rain, eyebrows furrowing together in concern. "You okay?" he asked her.
"Erm, yeah. I'm fine."
"Why, hello there," a voice cut in. Startled, Rain pulled out a gun from the weapon belt around her waist and poised it right in the speaker's face. He stumbled backwards, hands raised in surrender.
(*Lawls, my violent, impulsive characters*)

((death, white lies))
Old 06-02-2013, 08:02 PM

Ribb stared in surprise. "Whoa, girlie," he said. "You know I can control fire, right?"
The girl raised an eyebrow.
Sophie stepped past and extended her hand. "I'm Sophie. Sophie Parker," she said. "And these are my..." She looked at the two of them in confusion. "This is Rory and Ribb."

Tags
cooleoleleo!!! derp, evil authors >:), heheheheheheheheheh, i'dbeleftoutifijoined, kristina and sanna, lyall_areyel_was_here, my socks sing me songs, nes, never ending story, octopusologist, wow what happened