Quantcast Feminism - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-26-2013, 01:41 AM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
But that's the same concept as saying that if bananas are outlawed, many grocery stories that provide bananas would also be forced to shut down, affecting everyone.

And if they make all their money that way, they could just earn more money by making their office more efficient SO THE WAIT TIME ISN'T SO DAMN LONG IN THE STUPID WAITING ROOM.

I'm bitter. XD
No it's not. Outlawing bananas would not force grocery stores to spend a lOT OF MONEY on changing their equipment.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
No it's not. Outlawing bananas would not force grocery stores to spend a lOT OF MONEY on changing their equipment.

But that was the argument used when southern plantation owners wanted to keep slavery. It would mess up the economy and the farms and pretty much change everything. In the end, it's not that kind of question. It's more of a question of whether or not a fetus is considered a human being under the constitution and whose body is being jacked up and which matters.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 06-26-2013 at 01:53 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 01:59 AM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Quote:
But that was the argument used when southern plantation owners wanted to keep slavery. It would mess up the economy and the farms and pretty much change everything. In the end, it's not that kind of question. It's more of a question of whether or not a fetus is considered a human being under the constitution and whose body is being jacked up and which matters.
health care clinics don't = plantations using slavery though

http://gayrell.tumblr.com/post/53566...bout-abortions
Old 06-26-2013, 02:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
health care clinics don't = plantations using slavery though

http://gayrell.tumblr.com/post/53566...bout-abortions

No, it doesn't, but the argument of "it will jack up the economy" is the same.

About the article, it makes pretty much the same point over and over that a fetus is part of a woman's body, therefore she has the right to do what she wants to do with her body, therefore abortion should be ethically stainless. The problem with this is that 99% of fetuses are there without any rape or incest. She did it without the pill, and he did it without a condom, and when you have sex sometimes you get pregnant. It's not like this baby was a new, strange attacker. It's like putting a party invitation on your door, not expecting anyone to show up, and then having someone you don't want to show up. You had a freaking party invitation on your door. They aren't there without your consent. You might not want them there, but you knew they could be there. It's a choice, 99% of the time, and sometimes you have to deal with the choice you made. It shouldn't have been a surprise.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 06-26-2013 at 02:15 AM.
Old 06-26-2013, 02:40 AM

Alright, well, goodnight. ^_^ Get some sleep, Mr. Isaac.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 06-26-2013, 02:41 AM

sleep well and sorry i didn't reply i'm distracted and stretched thin :P
Old 06-26-2013, 02:43 AM

Quote:
No, it doesn't, but the argument of "it will jack up the economy" is the same.

About the article, it makes pretty much the same point over and over that a fetus is part of a woman's body, therefore she has the right to do what she wants to do with her body, therefore abortion should be ethically stainless. The problem with this is that 99% of fetuses are there without any rape or incest. She did it without the pill, and he did it without a condom, and when you have sex sometimes you get pregnant. It's not like this baby was a new, strange attacker. It's like putting a party invitation on your door, not expecting anyone to show up, and then having someone you don't want to show up. You had a freaking party invitation on your door. They aren't there without your consent. You might not want them there, but you knew they could be there. It's a choice, 99% of the time, and sometimes you have to deal with the choice you made. It shouldn't have been a surprise.
The argument isn't that it will mess up the economy, I was saying that it would cause health care clinics to shut down, from what I heard. Which would affect people who need medical treatment

where'd you get the statistic for it being a choice 99% of the time? that doesn't sound right to me but idk…
what if the birth control fails? or if the boyfriend later abandons her?
i don't think that metaphor is very good :P

sorry if i'm not doing well at debating i'm having multiple fast-paced conversations at once and also attempting to keep up with the news and it's been a long day i probs shouldn't be debating at all sorry if i sound dumb
Old 06-26-2013, 10:26 AM

Okay, so I came on the feminism thread expecting a "girls can do anything boys can but with more fabulousness" string of posts but instead I find an argument about bananas and the economy... o_o How long was I gone? XD
Old 06-26-2013, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CosmoCat View Post
Okay, so I came on the feminism thread expecting a "girls can do anything boys can but with more fabulousness" string of posts but instead I find an argument about bananas and the economy... o_o How long was I gone? XD
It has to do with SB5 and abortion
Old 06-26-2013, 12:07 PM

Hold on, just trying to clear up here- has anyone ever heard someone else saying that feminism corresponds to abortion, because with feminism, a woman is automatically pro-choice to abortion, whereas if she is not, she has no rights to have an abortion if she decided to have intercourse without being on a pill or with a condom?
Isn't that the same kind of thing as saying "don't have sex if you don't want a kid", well maybe the woman doesn't have the choice, but with feminism, it only reinforces the individuality of a woman, telling us that we can do what we like with our bodies. Feminism doesn't immediately grant rights to a woman to push men out of the way, which is sort of what you might be able to connect to the Jews and the Nazis- the Nazis killed the Jews because all of the were anti-semitists.
Is a man permitted to get a woman pregnant if she says they can have sex without a condom? That's what brings us back to pro-choice about abortion. If a woman is a feminist, does that automatically make her pro-choice abortion?

I'm a proud feminist.
greatly exaggerated.
-- Mark Twain

Last edited by soph-soph27; 06-26-2013 at 12:10 PM.

Tags
butterfly, classical cat, feminism, flaming mangoes, im so proud omg