Quantcast Obsessed - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 01-10-2014, 07:19 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm1999 View Post
Of course it is You're allowed to join. Also: haha! Same character He was awesome and still is, nonetheless. I remember our characters were going to get together. That never happened bc everyone else gave up on the nes.
(Yay! Yeah, same lovely lil' Benedict. XD We really should try to revive that NES sometime... that ship was cute. :3)
Old 01-10-2014, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
(Yay! Yeah, same lovely lil' Benedict. XD We really should try to revive that NES sometime... that ship was cute. :3)
*We could just do it on this one. The character is rxtremely similar. As long as you stay with this one *

I am one with the wind and sky
Old 01-10-2014, 08:30 PM

*Is it possible for my character to have a relationship with someone? Also, was my post okay, Kendra? Do I need to get him into the hall or something?*
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 01-10-2014, 08:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to saphiremoon

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookworm1999 View Post
*We could just do it on this one. The character is rxtremely similar. As long as you stay with this one *
(Sure! They seem to have more chemistry than Reese and Benedict did in the last NES... Benedict's the type of person that doesn't really agree with the 'opposites attract' thing XD Yup, I'll stay.)

(First person, right? Yayy, I've never written from Benedict's POV before. What fun. Oh, and is it nighttime? I kinda guessed that, but if it's not, just ignore the details that suggest that.)

Moving through the dark was difficult, especially when there was a psychopathic father asleep in the next room and a little sister determined to cling to my arm. Moving through the dark and keeping quiet was even more difficult, but I was always up for a challenge.

"You sure you want to go to this?" Claudia's whisper was quiet, stirring on my shoulder as she breathed the words.

I didn't look at her. "Yes." Maneuvering through the dim, I caught a glimpse of her curly blonde hair bob in my peripheral vision. Figures painted silhouettes in the gloom, the faint glow from the door ahead the only light illuminating the path. Our house's hallway was long, but the exit was just ahead.

Claudia stopped, abruptly. I halted, raising my eyebrows, meeting her intense stare– only a few shades of green lighter than mine. "You know how dangerous this is."

"I do." My voice was firm. Unwavering. "Which is why you have to stay home." Not that it's any safer, I reflected. But at least there isn't the possibility of you getting arrested.

She bristled, scowling, the signature expression of a fifteen year old. Heatedly, she snapped, "I'm more competent that you in fight. You know that."

I snorted quietly, glancing around. "Perhaps. But I'm older, and more competent in every other situation, and a little less rash than you, dear sister." I felt the waves of anger roll off her but ignored them.

"Fine." Claudia glared. "Don't bring me. But don't get caught, alright? At the first sign of trouble, get your ass back here."

I started towards the door, pausing once I reached it. I was cloaked in black– not only signature colours, but useful ones, too. The stained glass was warped, bending my features in the reflection when I glanced through it. No one was outside. Yet.

"I will." It was a statement more than a promise, but we both knew that promises didn't guarantee anything. Claudia still pouted, pale cheeks puffed out and light eyes fierce. "Look," I consoled, gently. "I will. Do you think I'm stupid enough to get myself arrested?"

She smiled a little, just a little. Enough to make me smile, too. "You'd better not be," she said, and then whisked around to return to bed.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:46 PM

*Awesome Can't wait till they meet and Benedict gets all googly-eyed *

I glance out amongst the crowd, resting in my rusty seat. Jay sits next to me, glancing down the rows of seats we had helped set up this afternoon. I swaalow and glance st the stage where the elders greet each other. Around me people chat, others argue, but all disclosed to the same point: Peace and how it's effect our people.

Old 01-10-2014, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saphiremoon View Post
(Sure! They seem to have more chemistry than Reese and Benedict did in the last NES... Benedict's the type of person that doesn't really agree with the 'opposites attract' thing XD Yup, I'll stay.)

(First person, right? Yayy, I've never written from Benedict's POV before. What fun. Oh, and is it nighttime? I kinda guessed that, but if it's not, just ignore the details that suggest that.)

Moving through the dark was difficult, especially when there was a psychopathic father asleep in the next room and a little sister determined to cling to my arm. Moving through the dark and keeping quiet was even more difficult, but I was always up for a challenge.

"You sure you want to go to this?" Claudia's whisper was quiet, stirring on my shoulder as she breathed the words.

I didn't look at her. "Yes." Maneuvering through the dim, I caught a glimpse of her curly blonde hair bob in my peripheral vision. Figures painted silhouettes in the gloom, the faint glow from the door ahead the only light illuminating the path. Our house's hallway was long, but the exit was just ahead.

Claudia stopped, abruptly. I halted, raising my eyebrows, meeting her intense stare– only a few shades of green lighter than mine. "You know how dangerous this is."

"I do." My voice was firm. Unwavering. "Which is why you have to stay home." Not that it's any safer, I reflected. But at least there isn't the possibility of you getting arrested.

She bristled, scowling, the signature expression of a fifteen year old. Heatedly, she snapped, "I'm more competent that you in fight. You know that."

I snorted quietly, glancing around. "Perhaps. But I'm older, and more competent in every other situation, and a little less rash than you, dear sister." I felt the waves of anger roll off her but ignored them.

"Fine." Claudia glared. "Don't bring me. But don't get caught, alright? At the first sign of trouble, get your ass back here."

I started towards the door, pausing once I reached it. I was cloaked in black– not only signature colours, but useful ones, too. The stained glass was warped, bending my features in the reflection when I glanced through it. No one was outside. Yet.

"I will." It was a statement more than a promise, but we both knew that promises didn't guarantee anything. Claudia still pouted, pale cheeks puffed out and light eyes fierce. "Look," I consoled, gently. "I will. Do you think I'm stupid enough to get myself arrested?"

She smiled a little, just a little. Enough to make me smile, too. "You'd better not be," she said, and then whisked around to return to bed.
*Can someone please not leave me out? I don't want to be left out. ;-; maybe Mae could interact with my charrie*
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 01-10-2014, 08:51 PM

"Leslie, where are you off to now, you little troublemaker?" That's my obnoxious and overprotective aunt, as usual. I just tell her I'm off to meet some friends. Which is partially true. What she doesn't know is that these friends are actually rebels, and she wholeheartedly disagrees with them.

I step outside and walk down the street to the Grove, the rebels' secret meetingplace. It's actually not too far from my house. As I walk, I see the normal, genetic disorder-less civilians, "getting along with each other." Yeah, right. The government just set this whole thing up so they can do something awful to us and we'll just submit easily. But I won't give in. I'm specially excused from taking the Peace drug because of my abnormal chromosomes. Not that I mind.

The Grove is disguised as a normal building. Making sure no one's looking, I swing the door open and step inside like I've done so many times before.
Old 01-10-2014, 08:52 PM

I look around the crowd, while I look for a seat, confused why everyone is so silent but then so loud. I find a seat next to a girl who doesn't seem very comfortable, but she seems very relaxed in her mind. I'm assuming this, however, and my assumptions are not the best.

There are people in front of the crowd with grinning faces, looking not so alarmed but alarmed enough to be aware of the night before us. Shadows play along the illuminated walls, and murky echoes travel nearby, but I am still clueless to why everything is so gloomy and dark.

The lights flicker on and off, as I think to myself: Mother shouldn't have let me go. I shouldn't have let myself go. The Grove is too powerful, though. I must contain my scared feelings.

"People! People!" A voice boomed, but I was oblivious to what was happening and who was speaking.
Taking best guesses
Before all the stains
Old 01-10-2014, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxi View Post
I look around the crowd, while I look for a seat, confused why everyone is so silent but then so loud. I find a seat next to a girl who doesn't seem very comfortable, but she seems very relaxed in her mind. I'm assuming this, however, and my assumptions are not the best.

There are people in front of the crowd with grinning faces, looking not so alarmed but alarmed enough to be aware of the night before us. Shadows play along the illuminated walls, and murky echoes travel nearby, but I am still clueless to why everything is so gloomy and dark.

The lights flicker on and off, as I think to myself: Mother shouldn't have let me go. I shouldn't have let myself go. The Grove is too powerful, though. I must contain my scared feelings.

"People! People!" A voice boomed, but I was oblivious to what was happening and who was speaking.
*the girl can be Leslie! it's gonna be interesting to ship her!*

I fidget around in my seat, which seems to be a little too big for me. I probably look like a twelve-year-old who thinks she's so important. It's not like I care about appearances or anything stupid like that, right? Glancing over at the boy next to me, I smile slightly.

"People! People!" screams a man. "Today is the day that we write our petition to the government about their silly Peace! Today is the day that we change the course of history!"

Part of me isn't sure that this will work out. But another part, the part that knows the difference between right and wrong, can tell that this is what I'm supposed to be doing. And even though I'm probably not going to actually have a say in the writing of the petition, it's good to stick around and watch what happens next, isn't it?
Old 01-10-2014, 09:04 PM

I unsettle slightly when someone sits next to me, unable to respond functionally whe I hear my father's voice from the microphone. Everyone relaxes back in their seats as he greets them and introduces himself. I fold my arms over my chest and tug at my tank top, trying to look anywhere but the stage.

Tags
my mango was here