Quantcast Gateway | Brainwashed (Closed Cowrite) - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Story Ideas
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-27-2016, 09:26 AM

Default Gateway | Brainwashed (Closed Cowrite)

If you are not a part of this co-write, please exit this thread. With all due and respect, we would like to keep our story and conversation to ourselves, so you, as the reader, won't be getting in touch with any potential spoilers.

[Post will be under continuous updates]

Newest Updates
  • Jill- (Docs) Proposition about moving to WB and making a Weebly for the NES
  • Tori- (Docs) Mansion Entity Idea

Plot Updates

Website
[Under Construction]
gatewaybrainwashed.weebly.com

Character Forms
[I will eventually link everyone's original forms on WB, and after posting the characters onto the website, I'll link that, too.]
gatewaybrainwashed.weebly.com/characters.html

Posted To Mainsite
Entrance | 01 | Meet Gary and Liz | Part 01
Entrance | 01 | Meet Gary and Liz | Part 02
Entrance | 02 | New Old Faces | Part 01
Entrance | 02 | New Old Faces | Part 02
Entrance | 03 | When Loose Ends Meet | Part 01

Summary
New Beginnings Arc

Part 1: Entrance
- Chapter 01: Meet Gary and Liz
[1/2] basically Gary and Liz move into the mansion and meet its mysterious/creepy butler
[2/2] by means of the nightshade flower the butler gave them in 1/2, Gary and Liz are transported to the Gateway we know.
- Chapter 02: New Old Faces
[1/2] Gary and Liz meet Willow, memories from the previous run of our NES not intact, and we are (re)introduced to Fawn and Hazel, who are being chased.
[2/2] Gary, Liz, and Willow start to get reacquainted, and Hazel runs to the Mansion and meets them. Finally, Minnesota is introduced and makes her way to the mansion.
- Chapter 03: When Loose Ends Meet
[1/4] Echo and Minnesota meet; Icicle shows up at the mansion. Hazel, frustrated, leaves Gary and Liz and Willow, and runs into Sam, who returns Fawn to her. Fawn and Hazel rejoin with the group.
[2/4] Fawn and Hazel officially decide to stick with the group; Minnesota is separated from Echo and makes brief contact with Sam. As the main group decides to settle down for the night, Liz disappears. Deciding to find her come morning, the group rests.
[3/4] The group begins to search for Liz, but Fawn is influenced by Sam to find Echo instead, and Hazel goes with Fawn. Sam meddles, and helps Hazel to start to remember (the previous NES). Sam is also very certain that something is about to happen.
[4/4] Willow also has a sense of foreboding, as she and Gary search for Liz. We haven't gotten past this point yet, but after that, Willow senses human presence and leads Gary to it, but it turns out to be Minnesota, not Liz, and this helps Willow unlock some more memories. Meanwhile, Sam keeps tabs on Hazel and Fawn, and leads Echo to Fawn. After that, the two groups (Willow/Gary/Minnesota and Hazel/Fawn/Echo) meet up somehow, and then the Mansion entity probably shows up and throws everything into chaos.

Last edited by HannahChen2009; 04-01-2016 at 09:49 PM.
Old 03-27-2016, 11:33 AM

nice .

ryo asuka
Old 03-27-2016, 01:30 PM

Location: neaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaar wherever you areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

hi im cool with this. sorry i haven't been kp lately.

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 03-27-2016, 03:56 PM

I like the website so far~
Will we all have access to editing the website or should we just tell you what to change on it?
I might change my characters up a bit, but I'll do that once we're editing Entrance.
Should we work on finishing up entrance before we discuss plotting, or should we do plotting first?
Also Jill, eventually at some point are we still going to have that arc with Cystenian and Laia?

ryo asuka
Old 03-27-2016, 03:59 PM

Also are Mitchell and Rayne ever happening?

ryo asuka
Old 03-27-2016, 06:36 PM

Oh I completely forgot about editing and management :/
I could remake it with a new account if you want?
Because when I was making it up wasn't thinking and made it with my own account.
I think we should pick writing back up asap, copy a bit of the last few paragraphs here and get to work. Hope Tori sees my email soon...
And it's ok Luna! I haven't been on myself
And Ena, we're definitely doing Cystenian/Laia arc once mansion makes its first appearance.
(What do we have on the mansion s far)
I'm kind of a whatever on Rayne, I wouldn't be terribly upset if she never happened, so.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HannahChen2009 View Post
Oh I completely forgot about editing and management :/
I could remake it with a new account if you want?
Because when I was making it up wasn't thinking and made it with my own account.
I think we should pick writing back up asap, copy a bit of the last few paragraphs here and get to work. Hope Tori sees my email soon...
And it's ok Luna! I haven't been on myself
And Ena, we're definitely doing Cystenian/Laia arc once mansion makes its first appearance.
(What do we have on the mansion s far)
I'm kind of a whatever on Rayne, I wouldn't be terribly upset if she never happened, so.
Maybe remake it with a new account we can all use?
I'm whatever on Rayne, I don't think we really need her. If we want to use her later we can always come back to her.

ryo asuka
Old 03-29-2016, 05:07 PM

So for characters we have

1. Gary
2. Liz
3. Minnesota
4. Fawn
5. Hazel
6. Willow
7. Icicle
8. Echo
9. Sam (will probably be important and recurring but not in EVERY arc)
10. Saeran
11. Mansion
12. Cystenian (one-arc)
13. Laia (one-arc)

And Undecideds:
1. Miles
2. Lupa
3. Rayne
4. Cameron

I think we had discussed earlier not including Cameron? But I'm not sure. TBH I don't quite remember Cameron
And if we're not including Rayne, that's another off the list.
I never knew Lupa very well as a character, but if you all would like to include her that's certainly fine with me
As for Miles, I'm not entirely sure if Miles/Minnesota is going to happen at this point but I'm still willing I suppose and including him might be fun

ALSO, Jaxon is Minnesota's older brother; he'll probably come into play at some point as a one-arc character

ryo asuka
Old 03-29-2016, 05:13 PM

Here's what Tori first said on the mansion

"But the side-plot is going to involve mostly Sam, Hazel, and Willow, but will include the other characters as well. The idea is that I’ve always imagined the mansion has a mind of its own, so why not create a character that is the basic entity of the mansion? I’ve been working on what the character looks like, but everyone would be able to write for him. His goal is to make all the characters’ lives a living hell. This is where Willow will come in, because her curse entitles her to a similar goal. The only difference is that Willow likes these people and the mansion doesn’t. What I imagine for Hazel is that while all of this is happening, she will training her powers and becoming stronger. Because Sam isn’t my character, I can’t really control what happens to him, I just would like for him to be involved because Sazel. Like I’ve got it all in my mind but it’s so hard to explain.
This would all happen after everyone’s gotten their memory back and after Saeran has made his entrance."

And then I said,

"I’m not 100% sure what’s even goin on rn but the first thing we have to do is get everyone together (except Saeran) and maybe that triggers everyone regaining their memories? And then the first ‘interference’ of the mansion-entity character (also can they maybe be like, agender or maybe genderfluid? “Gender? Idk man I’m a mansion / Today I decided I am a male mansion” lol) happens although they don’t reveal themselves yet. After that first appearance Saeran shows up, and he doesn’t have his memory & doesn’t get it back. (My reason for this being other DW’s mischaracterization of him pre- us leaving, so I’m kind of starting anew with him. Sam remembers everything that happened w/ him before, though some parts of his memory are cloudy-- as w/ most of them. these are the memories of just before we left-- but takes the opportunity to get back on track w/ himself. He does teasingly talk to Saeran about his ‘past’ existence on the previous NES, esp. about that mischaracterization.) I’ll probably write up more detailed forms for my characters sometime soon. So, in this arc Sam is probably my primary character, at least for now."

The characters who aren't with the group with this point are Icicle, Echo, Liz, Minnesota, and Lupa/ others we are 'undecided' on. Also kind of Sam, because Sam does what he wants. And Saeran will show up later.

ryo asuka
Old 03-30-2016, 05:32 AM

That sounds good. We should get to the actual writing, though, if only Tori would come. I don't know if she saw my email or not.
I'm thinking about Willow sensing a presence, and thinking it was Liz, led Gary to follow her, but it turned out to be Minnesota, triggering another half of Willow's memory. (Bc, like you said a while back, they were rather close in the old NES) Meanwhile, Sam could maybe be keeping tabs on Hazel and Fawn, bc Sazel, and lead Echo to Fawn because she was the clearest memory on his mind?

Tags
luna was here, my mango was here