Quantcast "Follow" option - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 07-20-2016, 12:27 PM

Location: On the North American continent, Earth, Solar System, Our Arm, Milky Way Galaxy, Space, Outer Space
Question "Follow" option

So I was thinking like maybe there would be an option to follow a story. You could get a notification whenever a chapter on one of your followed stories gets posted. Any opinions?
Old 07-20-2016, 03:48 PM

That actually sounds really cool, though I'm not sure how that would work
That's all words really and truly are.
But if that's what they are,
Then why do these "words" hurt so much?
Why?
Old 07-20-2016, 09:13 PM

I think this would be one of the best things Kidpub could have. Because nowadays people don't revisit the site as often, and then if they are following a story, they may miss it on the NSP. And let's face it, most of us don't look past the first page of the NSP, so once something is booted to the second page, it's basically a lost cause as far as comments go.
A 'follow' or 'subscribe' button would be awesome. Maybe a new chapter could appear at the beginning of your track if you have subscribed to the book. Or something like that.
Old 07-24-2016, 06:23 PM

Ya I think this would be awesome, because I personally also have had instances where I'm "following" a story and go camping for a few days or something of the sort, come back, and am completely lost in the ocean of posts and can't manage to find the one I'm looking for. Albeit I do also wonder how this would work and how the notification would be sent to a user, but who knows? Text or something similar?
Old 07-25-2016, 12:32 PM

I think this would be awesome. It would make it easier to find stories and encourage authors to keep writing their stories. I'm not sure how it would work but it sounds like a good idea. Maybe instead of sending a notification to the author there could just be like a number at the bottom of the page telling you how many follows the story has? It would probably be a lot easier to develop and I'm not really sure how the notification thing would work. Though it would still be cool either way and Its a great idea
Old 07-25-2016, 01:07 PM

This is awesome! I think it would be pretty cool to be able to connect your phone number or email to get notifications, but it could be a lost cause for that to happen, so track stuff would be just as nice. I always forget to read stories, so this would definitely be a great reminder.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:42 AM

Location: Let's say I'm in a spaceship with a flying unicorn, a potato, and a basket of useless items

This sounds like a cool feature, but I also think favoriting stories sort of works the same way. See, if you favorite one chapter of a story, you can get to other chapters when they are available. That's what I do. It doesn't have any notifications, but I don't really have an email account or a cell phone, so it isn't really a big deal. (Please don't laugh, but I how I got in here was through MY MOM'S email.)
~~~~~ My NES organization site: https://sites.google.com/site/gatewaymansionsite/ ~~~~~ My editing business: https://www.kidpub.com/forum3/showth...927#post599927 ~~~~~ My stories: https://www.kidpub.com/users/arabellasaura ~~~~~
Old 07-26-2016, 01:05 PM

or maybe there would be a notification on the top of your screen when you sign in saying something like "____ by ____ has been updated! Click the link to go to the next chapter" and then underneath it would be a link to the next chapter.
Old 07-26-2016, 01:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArabellasAura View Post
This sounds like a cool feature, but I also think favoriting stories sort of works the same way. See, if you favorite one chapter of a story, you can get to other chapters when they are available. That's what I do. It doesn't have any notifications, but I don't really have an email account or a cell phone, so it isn't really a big deal. (Please don't laugh, but I how I got in here was through MY MOM'S email.)
the problem with that is if you forget to check it you might not find that again for a long time

Tags
butterfly