Quantcast The Hunger Games: Movie & Book Discussion (for all THG fans) - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Reviews
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-17-2012, 05:35 PM

Talking The Hunger Games: Movie & Book Discussion (for all THG fans)

Oh. My. Gosh. Only 40 days until the best movie that will ever be made... is made!
So, if you don't already know, I am a die-hard Hunger Games fan. I've read the books, listened to the soundtrack, seen all the movie trailers, and even participated in a contest for writing the Panem national anthem for the movie. I lost, just so you know. So, since I know a lot of y'all love THG too, I decided to post this... the ultimate Hunger Games fan geek-out! You can post opinions about the books or movie, Panem national anthem ideas (contest is closed, though, sadly), opinons about the actors, soundtrack, trailer, who they messed up, who they didn't, and anything else concerning The Hunger Games. Personally, I think Peeta's actor, Josh Hutcherson, is adorable. <3 I looked at the movie companion today, and it was so aweshum, but as soon as I got to the Capitol fashions part, I had to leave. But, yeah, it was epik. So, tell me what ya think about it all!
Oh, and yeah, I know it's not really a book review or anything, but I couldn't find a btter place to put it. *sheepish smile*
Old 02-17-2012, 08:20 PM

XD Well, there is already a club for this...

But sure, I'm OBSESSED with it!

-Douglas Adams
Old 02-18-2012, 12:33 AM

I've only read the first, but I'm obsessed.

Although, GabiDi, I'm glad that there's a new thread, because there are SOOO MANY spoilers on the other one.

Anyway, I wish my birthday was in LATE March (mine's on the 2nd of March) so I could see the movie for my birthday.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 02-18-2012, 12:34 AM

Yeah, we should just... try to make this a spoiler-free thread for the newbies.

-Douglas Adams
Old 02-18-2012, 12:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabiDi View Post
Yeah, we should just... try to make this a spoiler-free thread for the newbies.
I vote for that! But I bet it won't last long....

So, as a conversation starter, what do all you guys think of the character choices. Do you think another actor could do better?

I think they nailed it with Peeta and Katniss, but Gale looks.....odd. Maybe 'cause the last time I saw him was in the Last Song with Miley Cyrus.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 02-18-2012, 12:46 AM

I'm still a bit conflicted about Peeta. I guess I never really pictured him that... stocky. But I reread the books and really, they did a fantastic job matching physical description. Blond moment, but does Josh have blue eyes...?

Yeah, Gale just looks strange. I pictured him more like... like, Taylor Laugtner, but not so tan, and Twilightish, y'know? Taylor had like that babyish charm thing that I can't picture Gale having.

A ton of people wanted Alex Pettyfer for Peeta, but he's too old now.

-Douglas Adams
Old 02-18-2012, 04:24 AM

Quote:
I'm still a bit conflicted about Peeta. I guess I never really pictured him that... stocky. But I reread the books and really, they did a fantastic job matching physical description. Blond moment, but does Josh have blue eyes...?

Yeah, Gale just looks strange. I pictured him more like... like, Taylor Laugtner, but not so tan, and Twilightish, y'know? Taylor had like that babyish charm thing that I can't picture Gale having.

Yeah, I agree about Gale....I don't know what color eyes Peeta have.....I just really hope the movie isn't a flop.
Old 02-18-2012, 04:27 AM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

I doubt it will be the best film ever to be made. Also, it has already been made, just not released. It looks ok, I'll give you that.
Old 02-18-2012, 11:28 PM

Since my brother's birthday is in march, I joked with him that I completely forgot everything going on in the month besides the Hunger Games. Good thing he took it laughing =]
Old 02-18-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:

I would do more worrying about how good the movie is, and less on the appearance of the actors. But I know what you mean...its really hard to see someone embody a treasured character of yours in a way you did not expect or even want.