Quantcast Forum Game: Last person to post here wins! - Page 16319 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-13-2015, 04:30 PM

omg im a near deaf musician.
i play the highest wind instrument and have perfect pitch yet i also have severe high frequency hearing loss.
this is so freaking weird.
Old 04-13-2015, 05:39 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
omg im a near deaf musician.
i play the highest wind instrument and have perfect pitch yet i also have severe high frequency hearing loss.
this is so freaking weird.
Well Beethoven was like totally deaf during the end of his life :0
My eyesight sucks and I don't wear glasses but somehow I'm good at archery and stuff so I dunno
Old 04-13-2015, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
Well Beethoven was like totally deaf during the end of his life :0
My eyesight sucks and I don't wear glasses but somehow I'm good at archery and stuff so I dunno
also i have carpal tunnel so piano is really hard ew
REALLY THOUGH. THE ONE PERSON IN CONCERT BAND WITH PERFECT PITCH CAN'T HEAR HALF THE NOTES. XD
Old 04-13-2015, 06:15 PM

wow so im looking out the window and there's so much flat land it's so weird especially bc i have lived near mountains almost all my life
Old 04-13-2015, 06:29 PM

omg i have an idea

A SUPERHERO WHO USES MUSIC AS A WEAPON AND KILLS ENEMIES WITH STRIKING INTERVALS AND NOTES ABOVE/BELOW HUMAN HEARING RANGE AND CAN CAUSE STRONG DESTRUCTIVE VIBRATIONS IN THE AIR AND THINGS LIKE THAT. AND CAN CONTROL MINDS WITH MUSIC EXCEPT IT WOULDN'T MATTER IF YOU WERE DEAF BECAUSE YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO FEEL THE VIBRATIONS AND BE AFFECTED LIKE THAT.

their one weakness: well-written counterpoint. their alias: the tritone. and their nemesis: doctor discord, who has an abnormally extreme version of a rare condition called amusia (google it i don't wanna define things now) and thinks all music is pointless and attempts to destroy it. and it's up to the tritone to save it forever.

i shall write a back story once i think of a real name and everything.

Last edited by meerkat; 04-13-2015 at 06:58 PM. Reason: THE TRITONE. IT'S THE ONLY INTERVAL THAT GETS TO THE SAME NOTE UP OR DOWN. PLUS IT'S BADASS
Old 04-13-2015, 09:27 PM

im almost home......
Old 04-13-2015, 10:28 PM

i'm in my house and the only thing i can think is "i'm so sleepy omg is that a piano ew no i don't wanna practice i wanna waste my life"
Old 04-13-2015, 10:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by meerkat View Post
omg i have an idea

A SUPERHERO WHO USES MUSIC AS A WEAPON AND KILLS ENEMIES WITH STRIKING INTERVALS AND NOTES ABOVE/BELOW HUMAN HEARING RANGE AND CAN CAUSE STRONG DESTRUCTIVE VIBRATIONS IN THE AIR AND THINGS LIKE THAT. AND CAN CONTROL MINDS WITH MUSIC EXCEPT IT WOULDN'T MATTER IF YOU WERE DEAF BECAUSE YOU WOULD STILL BE ABLE TO FEEL THE VIBRATIONS AND BE AFFECTED LIKE THAT.

their one weakness: well-written counterpoint. their alias: the tritone. and their nemesis: doctor discord, who has an abnormally extreme version of a rare condition called amusia (google it i don't wanna define things now) and thinks all music is pointless and attempts to destroy it. and it's up to the tritone to save it forever.

i shall write a back story once i think of a real name and everything.
now i wanna research physics to see if this is possible

like i already know there's a note so low that it would kill you if you listened to it, and there should be a high equivalent of that (LOOKING AT Y'ALL PICCOLO PLAYERS), so that much is possible. and jen's brother is a freaking science genius and the vp of this engineering club i'm in so i could discuss this with her later. (we're the kids who spent half an hour in line for a rollercoaster while talking about centrifugal force and gravity, and then analyzing the fight sequences in a movie we saw on the bus and deciding which ones would be possible in real life and which are only possible with effects)

still not sure about the mind control though. i'd have to do lots of in-depth neuroscience research for that BUT I HAVE A FREAKING INTERNSHIP AT FREAKING STANFORD OVER THE SUMMER SO MAYBE I COULD STUDY IT THERE??? but at the same time i kinda have a job to go to bc the teacher i worked with was mad that i quit and she's kinda also my aunt so i might have to talk at little kids instead *conflicted screaming*

also well-written counterpoint is my weakness as well so it's not that far fetched XD REALLY THOUGH. JOHANN SEBASTIAN BACH IS ONE OF MY FEW WEAKNESSES. JUST GO LISTEN TO BAROQUE MUSIC OKAY GO DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, RANDOM PERSON READING THIS. i could talk all day lololol

i'm sorry i'm just a small child who freaks out about things that are not to be freaked out about and that sentence made no sense so should i research linguistics and semantics too

yes. yes i should. after i stop being tired XD

Last edited by meerkat; 04-13-2015 at 10:43 PM. Reason: i'm bored
Old 04-13-2015, 10:49 PM

"The score calls for one piccolo, three flutes (third doubling second piccolo), one alto flute, four oboes (fourth doubling second English horn), English horn, three clarinets in B♭ and A (third doubling second bass clarinet), clarinet in E♭ and D, one bass clarinet, four bassoons (fourth doubling second contrabassoon), one contrabassoon; eight horns (seventh and eighth doubling tenor Wagner tubas), trumpet in D, four trumpets in C (fourth doubling bass trumpet in E♭), three trombones, one bass trombone, two bass tubas; a percussion section with 5 timpani (requiring two players), bass drum, gong, triangle, tambourine, cymbals, antique cymbals in A♭ and B♭, giro; and strings"

^ the awesomeness that is rite of spring
EIGHT HORNS AND ALTO FLUTE ("my" instrument yo) TWO PICCS AND TWO CONTRABASSOONS AND FIVE TIMPANI HECK YEAH
AND I HAVEN'T HEARD OF THE BASS TRUMPET OR CLARINET IN A OR ANTIQUE CYMBALS. BUT HECK YEAH ANYWAYS BECAUSE IT'S FREAKING EPIC.
THIS IS STRAVINSKY, EVERYONE.

also: there's this really awesome flute solo i found but the sheet music is public domain in like 2075 or something so i shall only play it when i'm an old lady or when i actually buy sheet music bc there are no sheet music stores in the middle of nowhere california

Last edited by meerkat; 04-14-2015 at 01:20 AM.
Old 04-13-2015, 10:58 PM

Location: Stalking in the silence; listening to your tortured dreams.

Haven't seen the forum this dead since 2009.

We lie best when we lie to ourselves. ~ It; Stephen King.

Tags
! ! ! pokeyisswag, !! real 1st tag, !a first tag, ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡), (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻, /family reunion/, diltg, emma = epik, emma is 4ever, falling rain..., fart fart fart fart, fuck, funny, gwen5evar, i love emma, i love panda, i love you slendy, i win ., jack milliken was here., just a smalltown girl, lenny bruce is not afraid, lst randomness, mirwolf, sherlock was here, tylerdurdenwashere