Quantcast Forum Game: Last person to post here wins! - Page 16552 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2019, 10:37 AM

If you care to see me rant about a character in a comment section please click this link.

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
And when your flame dies down
I've got a

lighter

'cause I would do anything to help you shine brighter
Old 03-06-2019, 10:34 PM

ever do that thing where you associate one song with one place, one era in your life?

-i found, amber run
Old 03-06-2019, 11:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
ever do that thing where you associate one song with one place, one era in your life?
listen i have playlists of my life since 8th grade in chronological order lmao. like hundreds of hours of music of my life each w/ v specific times and memories, and once i listen to something during a time i can never listen to it again unless i’m like reminiscing lol
Old 03-07-2019, 10:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swallowtail View Post
listen i have playlists of my life since 8th grade in chronological order lmao. like hundreds of hours of music of my life each w/ v specific times and memories, and once i listen to something during a time i can never listen to it again unless im like reminiscing lol
lol that's awesome!! I've had a lot of songs for my life running around in my head for a long time and I finally organized them into a playlist and i'm happy

-i found, amber run
Old 03-08-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gracithe1andonly View Post
lol that's awesome!! I've had a lot of songs for my life running around in my head for a long time and I finally organized them into a playlist and i'm happy
right now “11th grade” has 116 songs on it!!
Old 03-10-2019, 03:05 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse

hey does anyone want to play secrethitler.io? We have two people in our Kidpub lobbby, password is kp
Old 03-10-2019, 05:46 PM

Location: neaaaaaaaar faaaaaaaaaar wherever you areeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
hey does anyone want to play secrethitler.io? We have two people in our Kidpub lobbby, password is kp
i just made an account and figured out how to play haha

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 03-12-2019, 12:12 PM

If I started a thread where you could just post lyrics for random songs

Like if you have something in your head

Or whatever

Would any of you post on it?

Also

When stone age men were chatting simply grunting would suffice
but if they heard this word they might have herd it once or twice
I'm sure the Roman empire only entered the abyss
Because those Latin scholars never heard a word like this...

tighter
When you want to give up
Be a

fighter
And when your flame dies down
I've got a

lighter

'cause I would do anything to help you shine brighter
Old 03-13-2019, 03:12 PM

I check the junior groupchat one moment and its all "hey I love u guys have a good break" "yea I love u too take care of yourselves"
and then I come back like ten minutes later and theres like 30 new snaps of everyone yelling at each other over the question "each year in the us do u think more people die bc of alcohol or are born bc of alcohol?"
Old 03-25-2019, 02:09 AM

sometimes, at two in the morning, i don’t sleep bc i’ve been listening to r s do bheatha bhaile and thinking abt how truly fucking weird irish-american identity is for the past two hours.

like, st patrick’s was a saints day that then became a celebration of heritage when it wasn’t a good thing, and now being irish american is v normal, and it’s when everyone regardless of ancestry goes and gets trashed and makes a mess on a holy day in order to celebrate a people who tend to struggle w/ alcoholism due to genetics, poverty, and generational trauma.

and if your family came over in the famine, then you are here because of an attempted genocide? it was no coincidence that the most people died in the areas with the largest irish-speaking populations. there was never a food shortage, the english instead let a million people starve to death and would only offer aid if people renounced their faith and culture.

but also, coming to america (after a bit) erased the whole “the irish are genetically inferior” thing the english has going on bc that’s not a thing over here. coming to america meant that irish americans no longer had to live under colonialism or fight for freedom, which irish people have had to struggle with continuously. but it also kinda stripped us of our culture, giving us little to no chance to actually learn our traditions and language etc. so then it becomes that irish americans ofc aren’t really irish, and are far from.

also super important once arriving in america irish americans were in a position of power over people of color and got to rise up the social ladder by exploiting people of color (anyone who goes “the irish faced discrimination too!” is a fucking dick and is missing the point)

you have this weird deal going on where you’re only really here bc of colonialism and discrimination and genocide but it has long since stopped affecting you or your family and you benefit off the misfortune of others as opposed to other ethnic groups who are here for the same reasons but still struggle with those issues today

so then, irish americans got to trade their culture and language and heritage for a position of power in america? but also dealing with the famine it wasn’t really a choice it was go or die? and by leaving ireland we didn’t have to deal with the next ~170 years of fighting and hardships, but also now don’t have a chance to really learn our language or music or traditions or culture? and can they even be considered ours as well considering that it’s been almost two hundred years?

anyway this is just nola ranting abt not having a real sense of cultural identity thank u for putting up with my bullshit and goodnight

Last edited by Swallowtail; 03-25-2019 at 02:13 AM.

Tags
! ! ! pokeyisswag, !! real 1st tag, !a first tag, ( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡), (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻, /family reunion/, diltg, emma = epik, emma is 4ever, falling rain..., fart fart fart fart, fuck, funny, gwen5evar, i love emma, i love panda, i love you slendy, i win ., jack milliken was here., just a smalltown girl, lenny bruce is not afraid, lst randomness, mirwolf, sherlock was here, tylerdurdenwashere