Quantcast Imaginary Friends - Page 3 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2012, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
That's fine. If you finish it, post a link.
YES.

On it. :3

-Douglas Adams
Old 04-30-2012, 11:21 PM

*I can't believe I'm about to tell a bunch of strangers on the internet this...*
I'm an only child, so you can imagine that I was very lonely. I used to do this thing called pants-throwing, where I would throw up my pants and catch them and do all sorts of tricks. I used to pretend there was, like, this "Pants-Throwing Idol", where I was the host, the judges, and the contestant. Like, I would introduce myself, do a routine, and then jump to the other side of the room and pretend to be like the American Idol judges (I would say, "That was appalling!" in an English accent, comment on the contestant's shoes, and say a bunch of random "Yo, dawg, yo!"). I was about 5.
I was a strange, strange child. -_-
Old 04-30-2012, 11:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nngo View Post
Yeah. It's pretty cool, the Sims thing.

A lot of studies found that many little kids (four, five, six) had imaginary friends that weren't so imaginary. They thought they were imaginary, I guess, but there's lots of stuff that points that they're actually negative energy/ghosts/something like that. Sounds a wee bit ridiculous, the way I say it.
Yeah, on this ghost show, there was this little boy. And his family moved to a new house. Then, he made this imaginary friend named "Man". The boy started getting negative. He done things and said Man did it. Then he tried to beat up his mom. Days later, his mom, went into his room, (At night). AND THEN, this energy thing, held her down. She saw Man. It was this demon, trying to hurt her. Later, she put holy water and a candle and stuff in the house(As a priest instructed!). Soon, Man was gone.. Everything was normal again.

Little Boy: Where is Man?

Mom: Man had to go. He is gone now.
Old 04-30-2012, 11:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catty View Post
Yeah, on this ghost show, there was this little boy. And his family moved to a new house. Then, he made this imaginary friend named "Man". The boy started getting negative. He done things and said Man did it. Then he tried to beat up his mom. Days later, his mom, went into his room, (At night). AND THEN, this energy thing, held her down. She saw Man. It was this demon, trying to hurt her. Later, she put holy water and a candle and stuff in the house(As a priest instructed!). Soon, Man was gone.. Everything was normal again.

Little Boy: Where is Man?

Mom: Man had to go. He is gone now.
o_o That is creepy. Seriously creepy.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 05-01-2012, 01:04 AM

Yeah. Really creepy. The only REAL ghost experience I had was... soda cans moving on their own.
Old 05-31-2012, 11:51 PM

Default This Thread Rises From The Dead!

Rerise, thread, rerise!

Last edited by Catty; 10-09-2013 at 03:49 PM.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:43 AM

I used to have them. My characters don't know me, though. Maybe I should try talking to them.
Old 06-01-2012, 12:30 PM

Location: Tulsa with the gang, hanging out at the Admiral and rumbling with the south side socs.

When I was 2 I had an imaginary boyfriend named Richard, ironically he was rich. Haha, then I got a "real" boyfriend (Well we were like 3 so it doesn't count) but Richard hung around some. Haha, and I sometimes talk to book characters and such in my head if I'm extremely bored.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:32 PM

I always try to talk to my imaginary friends (characters from my stories or characters that I'm considering putting in stories) but I can't focus long enough to keep them in my head and/or get that far in our "talk" so I usually just give up and forget about it. But, I do write stories and letters to my imaginary friends, though. They never complain about my horrible handwriting...but they never write back, either!!!
Old 06-01-2012, 07:41 PM

My father once caught me screaming at a wall, "DON'T TELL ME THAT YOU ARE A GOOD CHARACTER! YOU HAVE NO PERSONALITY! DO SOMETHING INTERESTING, YOU MORON!"

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run

Tags
imaginary friends!, imagine a friend, my if was prolly a ghost, rodney is surely real!, rodney isn't real