Old 04-04-2013, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy View Post
CAMILLE

(*flying glomp*)
(*duct tapes you to this thread*)

NEVER LEAVE EVER

That's actually quite close to being Mitchell. o__o
Where do you find these pics, if you don't mind me asking?
Oh hi
Just google images. That's Johnny Flynn, he's a really good folk singer/actor.
Old 04-04-2013, 09:18 PM

Send a message via MSN to Sandy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
You didn't sound stupid! O_O I don't expect anyone who doesn't live in this crazy environment to understand it. XD Like I said, there's a lot of hype about those hallucinations--they're technically called a "mirage" (pronounced merr-ahdg). Just Google image "desert mirage" and you'll get a pretty good look at them. (The ones we see down here aren't above sand dunes, of course, since we don't HAVE many sand dunes...you can usually see them above hot concrete or pavement.)

But, no, it's okay, Cass. XD I know practically nothing about the snow, so we're even. (...What do individual snowflakes look like? o___o Can you see them very well when they fall, or are they too tiny? How does snow NOT cave in everybody's roof? Doesn't it weigh a lot? How do all the plants survive being frozen?! *cannot comprehend anything about regularly falling snow/rain*)

^_^ It's alright, I understand. I tend to over-analyze my stories, too.

And I wouldn't mind at all if you asked me some things about the desert! I'd be honored to contribute to VM! *gathers up all my semi-useless knowledge about the heat and desertification* Oh, I just remembered...this article here might help you: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Desertification
(*wonders if you actually want me to answer those questions*) (*is going to anyways*)
Haha, there's a whole science behind it. 8^) You probably know all this, but... the colder and windier it is, the smaller the snowflake--they fall faster and are harder to see. Holding your mitt up to the air, they would just gather in your mitt like very tiny grains of sand and you would probably need a magnifying glass or something to see the little design on the snowflake.
When it's a little bit warmer though and you catch an individual snowflake, as long as it's not directly touching your skin, you can actually see it in pretty good detail, and can make out the popularized snowflake design. ^_^

I'm not sure what would happen if snow fell on the roofs (rooves..?) in places like Florida or California because I know that the roofs there are VEERRYY different-looking than the ones here. (*checks with Google images*) ... Yep. o_O Quite different. Ours are heavily insulated and people don't normally go into their attics because it's full of pink-yellow insulating foam (no one here really puts stuff in their attic, it all goes in the basement). They're still triangular, so any weight that the snow has would be evenly distributed, and snow weighs pretty much nothing. Depending on the density and how long it's been there, you could fall backwards into the snow and it would either catch you, or you would sink right through and get snow all in your clothes... which... sucks... a LOT... e_______e Right now we have about 30 cm of snow in the coldest areas--it's very wet though, so it has a vastly different texture than snow that falls in December (we didn't get any snow this December, though... *ultimate rage*). Ugh, I can just tell, our summer is going to be HORRIBLE... e________e (Eventually you learn to kind of read the snow and the winter, and you can predict how comfortable/uncomfrotable the summer is going to be. I can pretty much say for sure that our springs (the water source, not the season) are going to pretty much be dried up, and we're going to have heat waves and ughhh... e___e Not looking forward to this.) We only had a couple days of -30C... normally we'd have like three weeks of -30C.
Ah, the plants. ^_^ Well, the grass is green as the snow falls if I remember correctly, but as the snow melts in the spring, it's yellow and brown and pretty gross. Within a couple of weeks of summer, though, it's back to being green. The flowering plants will either just die or "hibernate" and then come back up again in springtime. Further north, they have permafrost, so there aren't any plants at all, really. As for trees, we have MAGNIFICENT autumns--all the deciduous trees shed their leaves and it's like a sea of colour everywhere. *__* The coniferous trees don't shed at all and just sit there, looking exactly the same through summer and winter. :I

I don't know how much of that you already knew... sorry if I'm just repeating stuff. Also, I'm no scientist, so I'm just saying what I see: I don't know the exact scientific process behind plants and stuff... XD

If you want to know anything else I'd be glad to answer! There are honestly so many different types of snow and cold, I could go on forever... =_=
Old 04-05-2013, 06:22 PM

Quote:
(*wonders if you actually want me to answer those questions*) (*is going to anyways*)
Haha, there's a whole science behind it. 8^) You probably know all this, but... the colder and windier it is, the smaller the snowflake--they fall faster and are harder to see. Holding your mitt up to the air, they would just gather in your mitt like very tiny grains of sand and you would probably need a magnifying glass or something to see the little design on the snowflake.
When it's a little bit warmer though and you catch an individual snowflake, as long as it's not directly touching your skin, you can actually see it in pretty good detail, and can make out the popularized snowflake design. ^_^

I'm not sure what would happen if snow fell on the roofs (rooves..?) in places like Florida or California because I know that the roofs there are VEERRYY different-looking than the ones here. (*checks with Google images*) ... Yep. o_O Quite different. Ours are heavily insulated and people don't normally go into their attics because it's full of pink-yellow insulating foam (no one here really puts stuff in their attic, it all goes in the basement). They're still triangular, so any weight that the snow has would be evenly distributed, and snow weighs pretty much nothing. Depending on the density and how long it's been there, you could fall backwards into the snow and it would either catch you, or you would sink right through and get snow all in your clothes... which... sucks... a LOT... e_______e Right now we have about 30 cm of snow in the coldest areas--it's very wet though, so it has a vastly different texture than snow that falls in December (we didn't get any snow this December, though... *ultimate rage*). Ugh, I can just tell, our summer is going to be HORRIBLE... e________e (Eventually you learn to kind of read the snow and the winter, and you can predict how comfortable/uncomfrotable the summer is going to be. I can pretty much say for sure that our springs (the water source, not the season) are going to pretty much be dried up, and we're going to have heat waves and ughhh... e___e Not looking forward to this.) We only had a couple days of -30C... normally we'd have like three weeks of -30C.
Ah, the plants. ^_^ Well, the grass is green as the snow falls if I remember correctly, but as the snow melts in the spring, it's yellow and brown and pretty gross. Within a couple of weeks of summer, though, it's back to being green. The flowering plants will either just die or "hibernate" and then come back up again in springtime. Further north, they have permafrost, so there aren't any plants at all, really. As for trees, we have MAGNIFICENT autumns--all the deciduous trees shed their leaves and it's like a sea of colour everywhere. *__* The coniferous trees don't shed at all and just sit there, looking exactly the same through summer and winter. :I

I don't know how much of that you already knew... sorry if I'm just repeating stuff. Also, I'm no scientist, so I'm just saying what I see: I don't know the exact scientific process behind plants and stuff... XD

If you want to know anything else I'd be glad to answer! There are honestly so many different types of snow and cold, I could go on forever... =_=
o.o *is fascinated* Woah...I've heard some of that before (mainly just the stuff about the plants hibernating--they do that here, too, just not as abruptly), but I had no idea about the snowflake thing or the roof thing...I've only actually seen snow fall twice in my life, so....yeah. :P

Thanks for explaining all that! That actually helps me with WOT. o_0 (I might have to ask you a little more about the snow, eventually... XD XD DX DX *only knows about heat and dirt and desert weather*)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:02 PM

Quote:
o.o *is fascinated* Woah...I've heard some of that before (mainly just the stuff about the plants hibernating--they do that here, too, just not as abruptly), but I had no idea about the snowflake thing or the roof thing...I've only actually seen snow fall twice in my life, so....yeah. :P

Thanks for explaining all that! That actually helps me with WOT. o_0 (I might have to ask you a little more about the snow, eventually... XD XD DX DX *only knows about heat and dirt and desert weather*)
Do you want me to talk about snow more? 8^D (*gets super excited*)

(*is having a Canada moment*)
OMG PEOPLE ARE NOTICING US

Are you looking for the way the texture of the snow responds to the environment? To be honest, even I would find it a quick throw off to be reading about an early spring scene and then have the snow "as soft as fluff" because as far as I know it would actually be quite hard, packed-in, and would have a crust.... (*now understands why the Inuits had a billion words for snow*)
Old 04-05-2013, 07:03 PM

http://www.kidpub.com/book-page-or-c...rt-1-919136669

New chapter. :3 Plus important updates.
Old 04-05-2013, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Do you want me to talk about snow more? 8^D (*gets super excited*)

(*is having a Canada moment*)
OMG PEOPLE ARE NOTICING US

Are you looking for the way the texture of the snow responds to the environment? To be honest, even I would find it a quick throw off to be reading about an early spring scene and then have the snow "as soft as fluff" because as far as I know it would actually be quite hard, packed-in, and would have a crust.... (*now understands why the Inuits had a billion words for snow*)
Sure! The more I know the better. XD (Especially since the bulk of Book One takes place in the snow... ._. Why the heck are we both writing about climates we know very little about?! XD XD DX DX) Talk about it as much as you want. And don't worry, I already figured the leftover snow in spring would be either slushy and gross or totally solid and painful to fall face-first into. :^| (LOL nope that never happened to me lalalalala...)

CALM YOURSELF, CANADA! XD
Old 04-05-2013, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Sure! The more I know the better. XD (Especially since the bulk of Book One takes place in the snow... ._. Why the heck are we both writing about climates we know very little about?! XD XD DX DX) Talk about it as much as you want. And don't worry, I already figured the leftover snow in spring would be either slushy and gross or totally solid and painful to fall face-first into. :^| (LOL nope that never happened to me lalalalala...)

CALM YOURSELF, CANADA! XD

Okay.

(*suddenly cannot think of anything to talk about*)

:l
Old 04-05-2013, 10:31 PM

Quote:

Okay.

(*suddenly cannot think of anything to talk about*)

:l
.....I have no words.......I'm laughing SO HARD right now......oh my GOSH......XDDD Only in Canada.

Last edited by TheAshWolf; 04-06-2013 at 12:38 AM.
Old 04-06-2013, 01:03 PM

I want to sob right now.

The one time I need to do something other than writing--HOMEWORK--is the time when I can`t do anything BUT write. And then when it comes to when I actually have TIME to write... nothing gets written. ;____;
Old 04-06-2013, 07:21 PM

FINALLY on Chapter 15: Operation Cinderella!

How many chapters do I have to go, Cass?

Tags
♥♥♥, *sobs*...mitchell ;-;, an amazing story, awesomeness, awk! waterfall!, can i date travis, fan club, flaming mangoes, guest is cool, hell is profitable, i <3 vm, i had cake for breakfast, lyall_areyel_was_here, mitchell's hot., nope chuck testa, sandis or mitchdy?, sandy, story on kidpub, this must be published, top hats, travitchell ftw, vladimir is yummy, vladimir's mansion, your argument is invalvid, yummy top hats