Quantcast Back in the Olden Days - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-01-2013, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stephiey View Post
Psh, when I was a kid I was like the most freaking outgoing child in the world. (Which is like the polar opposite of what I am now.)

Like, I was in China for vacation and we visited this mountain. And my little brain was like "oooh now's a good time to perform a spongebob episode!". And so I did it.
xD My friend sang the spongebob song as the forfeit for losing a card game. VIDEOD.
Old 07-01-2013, 04:18 PM

I remember hating brushing my teeth because I didn't like toothbrushes or the taste of my toothpaste.

And I remember being extremely afraid of fuzz.

I shake it off, I shake it off
Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

Old 07-01-2013, 04:48 PM

Okay, so if anyone thinks that they had strange dreams of what they were going to be when they grew up when they were little, no. You didn't. I win in that department.

When I was in preschool, I wanted to be a ballerina truck driver. I have no idea what that entails. Maybe I would, like, drive a truck and then stop and perform ballet and people would tip me. Or I would perform ballet and drive the truck at the SAME TIME. (I had super high expectations of myself, apparently.)

When I was in second or third grade, we had career day, and I told everyone that I wanted to be a "astronaut/astronomer that goes into space and writes a book about it". Because, yes, Miraculous Lizzie shall do EVERYTHING!

In fourth grade we had career day again, but it was just kind of a day where you dressed up like what you wanted to be. So I dressed up like a detective. I had the trench coat and the hat and everything. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much employment for sherlocks anymore...

Then, up till last year when we had career day and actual people came to talk to us about careers, I wanted to be a forensic scientist. I guess this grew off of the detective obsession. Because, hey, apparently Lizzie is going to solve every crime in the world!! But then a forensic scientist came to talk to us, and she showed us how to extract semen or something from evidence, and I sort of realized I didn't really want to do that.
Old 07-02-2013, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
Okay, so if anyone thinks that they had strange dreams of what they were going to be when they grew up when they were little, no. You didn't. I win in that department.

When I was in preschool, I wanted to be a ballerina truck driver. I have no idea what that entails. Maybe I would, like, drive a truck and then stop and perform ballet and people would tip me. Or I would perform ballet and drive the truck at the SAME TIME. (I had super high expectations of myself, apparently.)

When I was in second or third grade, we had career day, and I told everyone that I wanted to be a "astronaut/astronomer that goes into space and writes a book about it". Because, yes, Miraculous Lizzie shall do EVERYTHING!

In fourth grade we had career day again, but it was just kind of a day where you dressed up like what you wanted to be. So I dressed up like a detective. I had the trench coat and the hat and everything. Unfortunately, I don't think there is much employment for sherlocks anymore...

Then, up till last year when we had career day and actual people came to talk to us about careers, I wanted to be a forensic scientist. I guess this grew off of the detective obsession. Because, hey, apparently Lizzie is going to solve every crime in the world!! But then a forensic scientist came to talk to us, and she showed us how to extract semen or something from evidence, and I sort of realized I didn't really want to do that.
Wow... ten char
Heart-breakers gonna break, break, break, break, break
And the fakers gonna fake, fake, fake, fake, fake
Baby, I'm just gonna shake, shake, shake, shake, shake

Old 07-02-2013, 07:33 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to MaggieMay

I had a phobia of hairballs.
Old 07-02-2013, 07:38 PM

I was beyond ugly when I was a kid.
uhhh.
I loved Barbie and I cut Barbie's hair.
When got a little older I set Barbies hair on fire.

thats all i can remember.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
I used to be arrogant, i think, and a redneck and possibly kinda depressed. i sucKED EVEN MORE THEN THAN I DO NOW AND I REALLY DISLIKE MY CHILDHOOD
but for some reason it still makes me kinda nostalgic.
LST?
Suck?
I'm sorry but those two words don't fit in the same sentence. In fact, I had to put them on separate lines to distance them.
Yeah, looking back my childhood is just horribly cringy for far too many reasons. I try to edge away from it in conversation. Better to leave the past in the past.
Old 07-05-2013, 10:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nightwalker View Post
LST?
Suck?
I'm sorry but those two words don't fit in the same sentence. In fact, I had to put them on separate lines to distance them.
Yeah, looking back my childhood is just horribly cringy for far too many reasons. I try to edge away from it in conversation. Better to leave the past in the past.
They do fit in the same sentence.
LST doesn't suck
Old 07-05-2013, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
They do fit in the same sentence.
LST doesn't suck
You have out-smarted me. I now bow down to you.
*bows head and waves arms weirdly*

Tags
flaming mangoes, nostalgia