Quantcast Seriously, Guys? - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub News
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-17-2013, 04:43 PM

Default Seriously, Guys?

I've been checking the New Posts page recently, and it has come to my attention that there are certain threads that have been created to vent, and I would like to point out that this is not the point of this website.

KidPub was not made as an outlet for your personal problems. KidPub is a children's writing website. If you would like to vent your feelings through a piece writing, then go write ahead and do so. Write as much poetry or as many stories as you'd like. But if you want to sit at your computer screen and write angry messages about how much you hate somebody who the other members of this website don't even know, then this is not the place to do it.

I would also like people to know that when you write something in very small text and make it colored white, people can still read it. It is not invisible.

This is also not your private diary. This is the internet. Anything you post on this website, even if you delete it, it's still there. If you're posting messages about how much you hate someone, you never know - maybe they'll be surfing the net one day and just happen upon your message. Especially if it's your parents and they know that you have a KidPub account. What if the subject of your hating message reads it?

Hey, it's not private.

This is a children's website. There are nine-year-olds on here. Even if you white out what you're writing, everyone can still read it. Much of what people post on these threads is not appropriate for this website.

I'm not saying that venting is wrong. All I'm saying is that KidPub is not the place to do it. I know many of you are going through hard times, but if you are really, truly depressed and are having as many problems as you're letting on, please go talk to someone you know in real life! Don't rely on your internet friends for support. There are people who love you and will listen to you in your own life.

I don't want you guys to start venting at me for this. If you are totally against what I'm saying and want to argue, get some real reasons and I'll listen to you. I don't want to start a fight because of this.

Please take into consideration what I'm saying. There are members on here who have been hurt because of these "venting" threads. (I'm not just talking about the Emotional Venting Thread, though it's included in this. There are multiple threads like it.) I've posted angry messages on here myself, and now I regret them, and wish I hadn't. I feel like these threads are highly inappropriate for this website. Maybe I'm making a big deal out of nothing, but I would like for you all to take this into consideration.
Old 03-17-2013, 04:49 PM

As far as I know of, there are only two-- are there others? o_o

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-17-2013, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
As far as I know of, there are only two-- are there others? o_o
Three that I know of. The ever wanted to say something etc one is kind of.
Then back again
At the bitter end
Salt and liquid blend
From the corner of my eyes
So let your heart hold fast
For this soon shall pass
There's another hill ahead.
Old 03-17-2013, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezemziez View Post

All I know are that one and the EVT.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-17-2013, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
All I know are that one and the EVT.
There's another one that's for more specific problems.
Then back again
At the bitter end
Salt and liquid blend
For this soon shall pass
Old 03-17-2013, 05:08 PM

....Oh. Right. I didn't think of that one.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-17-2013, 04:54 PM

Location: en route to Mordor, punching my father, Voldemort, in the nose for not liking my Father's Day gift

Someone else, older and probs more mature than most of us, shares the same opinion, it's not appropriate for KidPub.
And I agree, it really isn't the best topic for KidPub.
However, I think we do need an alternative for people to go to. Maybe, like, a private forum on a different site, or an email group, or something. Because, generally, we trust each other on KP and I don't know if that would transfer as well to other sites, and some of us really need support.
And I've also seen KP make a lot of difference for people. Helped them get through depression, help them work on stopping cutting, possibly even saved their lives.
So, yeah, basically I think we shouldn't stop people from venting, not until we find an alternative…
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L.S.Trendom View Post
Someone else, older and probs more mature than most of us, shares the same opinion, it's not appropriate for KidPub.
However, I think we do need an alternative for people to go to. Maybe, like, a private forum on a different site, or an email group, or something. Because, generally, we trust each other on KP and I don't know if that would transfer as well to other sites, and some of us really need support.
And I've also seen KP make a lot of difference for people. Helped them get through depression, help them work on stopping cutting, possibly even saved their lives.
So, yeah, basically I think we shouldn't stop people from venting, not until we find an alternative…
Maybe chatzy. Since it can be anonymous, too.
Then back again
At the bitter end
Salt and liquid blend
For this soon shall pass
Old 03-17-2013, 04:57 PM

Quote:

I agree. Definitely.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 03-17-2013, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheezemziez View Post
Those are the two that I was talking most about, but I left it a bit vague because I'm sure there are more specific ones that I just can't think of.

Quote:
I agree that the KidPub community can help people, but it's just that people vent so excessively and sometimes they make it more serious than it is, and that is the reason that I believe this should stop.

I think a good thread to replace these, would be something like, "Hey guys, I have a big problem and I would like someone to talk to. Could I email someone?" and people would respond if they were open to listen to the other person's problems. Instead of people just telling the whole world their problems.

Tags
averygoodpoint, averyhardonetoo, i cant go anywhere else, i dont agree with this, i need something, sorryforruiningthethread, thanksineededthat