Quantcast Eating Disorders and Self-Image - Page 5 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #41  
Old 02-24-2015, 01:49 PM
coolcate781 coolcate781 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a dream.
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BriannaH View Post
story of my freaking life ... i'm a healthy weight but the few rl friends i have are like healthy twigs and i feel super fat around them ...
I know, I feel like that too. Especially when I had to go swimming with those friends. I was wearing a one piece swimsuit and felt self-conscious.
__________________
When you write there are NO BOUNDARIES. Anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 02-24-2015, 01:51 PM
coolcate781 coolcate781 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a dream.
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoMarch View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j3f1zii5skA

reminder that if you're healthy you don't need to change, your body is beautiful
my hair is short and people think it's cute but they don't cut off all of their hair to be like me. why should you lose wait because you think skinny is cute? long hair is beautiful and so is any body weight that you have
stay healthy <3

((ahhh sorry i was trying to help but now i read this and it just sounds stupid. oops. please just don't hurt yourselves and be happy with your bodies ily))
You said exactly what I wanted to say, but worded it better. Thank you so much. You are awesome, JoMarch.
__________________
When you write there are NO BOUNDARIES. Anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 02-24-2015, 01:56 PM
coolcate781 coolcate781 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a dream.
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ember View Post
maybe i like hating myself i don't know.
because whenever i'm like, "Oh, i actually am skinny today yay" i go and eat a ton of food until i feel like crying and throwing up.
it's like i just want to hate myself and wtf i'm not supposed to feel that way i know i know but it's an indulgence almost to just hate hate hate and feel this just absolute loathing towards someone.
and i can't hold a grudge against anyone else so instead i just decide that i can hate myself.
and i can't because that's not okay and i know it's not okay but
i don't know
bahh
maybe i just like to pity myself and it feels good to just be able to be like "you aren't worth it you're ugly" because otherwise i feel guilty and i don't know why
and i've gained like ten pounds because I was finally at a weight i felt comfortable with
and then i ruined it because i didn't hate myself anymore
and i was so used to hating myself
so i ate and ate and now i can't stop and i'm just fat all over again
but i think i'm learning to get over this destructive behavior
and i'm not undereating anymore so that's good
some days are better than others but it seems like more and more i find myself just eating and eating and this is not who i want to be
i don't know just venting don't pay any attention to me.
I am so sorry you feel that way.

It sucks, I know. I don't have an eating disorder or anything, but sometimes I feel like if I haven't exercised enough or whatever, I'm going to get fat. I am always checking in the mirror to seehow much belly fat I have. Oftentimes I will eat something unhealthy and then be annoyed at myself for it.

Just know that you have people here who are aware of what you're going through. I'm glad things are a bit better for you. Ember, please do nothate yourself. *huggles* Please, you are such an awesome person and writer.
__________________
When you write there are NO BOUNDARIES. Anything can happen.

Last edited by coolcate781; 02-24-2015 at 02:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 02-24-2015, 02:01 PM
coolcate781 coolcate781 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a dream.
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emaafre View Post
*revives thread*

I am anorexic and I've been fasting these past two days and lost three and a half pounds in one day. I want to be 147lbs. I currently weigh 198.5lbs.
I do not have an eating disorder, and will probably never know how horrible it is. But you are not alone. There are lots of people out there who know exactly what you're going through. Seriously, please do not hurt or harm yourself. I care about you, and I am sure you are beautiful.

I hope you can find help if you need it.
__________________
When you write there are NO BOUNDARIES. Anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 02-24-2015, 02:09 PM
coolcate781 coolcate781 is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: In a dream.
Posts: 122
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
YoU GUYS STOP IT

NO

NO NO NO

I AM ALREADY IN A FOUL MOOD SO DON'T DO THIS TO ME

THIS IS NOT A FUCKING PRO-ANA SITE OR A PRO-ANA THREAD EVEN OKAY YOU ALL STOP POSTING YOUR SHIT ABOUT HOW MANY CALORIES YOU ATE AND HOW SKINNY YOU WANT TO BE THAT'S BULLSHIT AND YOU KNOW WHAT THAT NUMBER WILL JUST SHRINK AND SHRINK SO YOU HAD BETTER FUCKING BE READY TO TAKE THE YEARS OF THERAPY IT TAKES TO GET YOUR SHIT TOGETHER AFTER GETTING A FUCKING EATING DISORDER. THIS IS NOT A PRO EATING DISORDER SITE, SO DON'T EXPECT ANY SUPPORT FOR FUCKING UP YOUR LIFE.
Okay, look. I know you are trying to be helpful, but do you realize how rude you are being to everyone who has an eating disoder? It is not their fault they are "messing up" their lives, as you say. If you don't have a weight issue, then you do not know how difficult it can be to overcome it. So please stop saying these things, and if you can't, just leave the thread. KP isn't a website for eating disorders, but that doesn't mean we can't help and support people with them.

Goodbye.
__________________
When you write there are NO BOUNDARIES. Anything can happen.
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 02-24-2015, 03:11 PM
pluzzle pluzzle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcate781 View Post
Okay, look. I know you are trying to be helpful, but do you realize how rude you are being to everyone who has an eating disoder? It is not their fault they are "messing up" their lives, as you say. If you don't have a weight issue, then you do not know how difficult it can be to overcome it. So please stop saying these things, and if you can't, just leave the thread. KP isn't a website for eating disorders, but that doesn't mean we can't help and support people with them.

Goodbye.
hi esther is currently in therapy for anorexia
__________________
nya
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:39 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place tantalizingly close to home
Posts: 5,700
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

I agree with coolcate...it's nothing to glorify but they shouldn't be ignored for 'fucking up their life' :/ AA you have experienced this but you are WRONG if you think they should be punished for having an eating disorder

PS: sorry, I have no grudges AA

Last edited by Jesse; 02-24-2015 at 05:01 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 02-24-2015, 04:55 PM
pluzzle pluzzle is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,921
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I agree with coolcate...it's nothing to glorify but they shouldn't be ignored for 'fucking up their life' :/ AA you have experienced this but you are WRONG if you think they should be punished for having an eating disorder
mmmm i actually agree with this.... no one should be punished for having any disorder
__________________
nya
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:07 PM
AlgebraAddict AlgebraAddict is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: tehksus
Posts: 16,918
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesse View Post
I agree with coolcate...it's nothing to glorify but they shouldn't be ignored for 'fucking up their life' :/ AA you have experienced this but you are WRONG if you think they should be punished for having an eating disorder

PS: sorry, I have no grudges AA


no I'm not talking to the people who are legitimately looking for support, I'm looking at the people who are posting descriptive details about their eating disorders and appear to be asking for support for their eating disorder. I'm also talking to the people who are just kind of dabbling their feet in the eating disorder thing and need to get. out. I realize it's unfair to expect anyone with an eating disorder to just "stop it", but if you have an eating disorder you need to get help, not post something about how fat you are on a children's writing website. It also is emotionally unhelpful for me and for I'm sure other people to see people posting their exact measurements and saying how fat they are, especially because this inspires more and more people to talk about how fat they think they are, and even if you didn't have a body image thing before, seeing that might not be the best idea. I'm sorry if I'm generalizing everybody on this thread, but the last post that I saw, reviving the thread, and also all the people posting all their measurements caught me off guard. If you do have an eating disorder and you need help with it, please get help. I don't want to punish anybody for having an eating disorder; I want people to get the support they need and not look for it in inappropriate places. I'm scared that this will become a pro-anorexia thread because I've seen this happen on the cutting thread where people started talking about it and encouraging each other in their harmful behaviors.
__________________



and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind



- I Found, by Amber Run

Last edited by AlgebraAddict; 02-24-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 02-24-2015, 05:21 PM
Jesse Jesse is offline
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: a place tantalizingly close to home
Posts: 5,700
Send a message via Skype™ to Jesse
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
no I'm not talking to the people who are legitimately looking for support, I'm looking at the people who are posting descriptive details about their eating disorders and appear to be asking for support for their eating disorder. I'm also talking to the people who are just kind of dabbling their feet in the eating disorder thing and need to get. out. I realize it's unfair to expect anyone with an eating disorder to just "stop it", but if you have an eating disorder you need to get help, not post something about how fat you are on a children's writing website. It also is emotionally unhelpful for me and for I'm sure other people to see people posting their exact measurements and saying how fat they are, especially because this inspires more and more people to talk about how fat they think they are, and even if you didn't have a body image thing before, seeing that might not be the best idea. I'm sorry if I'm generalizing everybody on this thread, but the last post that I saw, reviving the thread, and also all the people posting all their measurements caught me off guard. If you do have an eating disorder and you need help with it, please get help. I don't want to punish anybody for having an eating disorder; I want people to get the support they need and not look for it in inappropriate places. I'm scared that this will become a pro-anorexia thread because I've seen this happen on the cutting thread where people started talking about it and encouraging each other in their harmful behaviors.
Okay sorry
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
dieting, eating disorders, i hate myself, self image, weight, yeah me too, you are not alone

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:57 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.