Quantcast Please. I'm begging. Don't read this. No joke. - Page 2 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-09-2011, 08:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
Oh, wow. Um... Inspiration. It just kinda comes to me. I only write stories about wolves because it's my specialty, and my passion. But when you've got a good story going, it's all you think about, all you daydream about. When you have to sit down and organize your story ideas on paper, chances are, you'll end up writing NONE of those stories. A new one will come along when inspiration strikes--and that's the one you've been looking for all along.

Inspiration is a huge thing in writing. Time to open your eyes. It's all about experience and imagination working together to create new ideas. Take things you've seen, done, worked with, and make it into something completely unique and spectacular. That's the key to a brilliant idea.
Oh, I agree completely! Our books are our perfect books, the ones we wish existed. And now they do. I don't know that writing is about having fun. It is fun, and it can be thrilling and a brilliant experience, but I think the reason we really write is because we're hoping that our book will be the one someone needs. That it will follow at least one person for the rest of their lives. That, in itself, is worth the struggles. Thinking about that just helps me overcome writer's block, too. I don't get that like most people. A lot of authors don't know what to do next, but my problem is knowing everything that will happen and putting it on paper.
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 07-09-2011, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
Oh, I agree completely! Our books are our perfect books, the ones we wish existed. And now they do. I don't know that writing is about having fun. It is fun, and it can be thrilling and a brilliant experience, but I think the reason we really write is because we're hoping that our book will be the one someone needs. That it will follow at least one person for the rest of their lives. That, in itself, is worth the struggles. Thinking about that just helps me overcome writer's block, too. I don't get that like most people. A lot of authors don't know what to do next, but my problem is knowing everything that will happen and putting it on paper.
Exactly! I write for myself, but I also write for the people who may want this story as much as I do.
Old 07-09-2011, 08:56 PM

Default Psst, Wolf!

*interview pause*
LST says that you may be able to make a thread private, and personally choose the people you want to view it.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leloo View Post
Exactly! I write for myself, but I also write for the people who may want this story as much as I do.
I hate it when people get offended, saying that they only write for themselves and that no one else matters. Really, they do matter. We care about the readers' opinions. I know there are people who disagree with me on that but...
"Oh! Somebody ought to take society by the four corners of the sheet and toss it all into the air! Everything would be broken, most likely, but at least nobody would have anything, there'd be that much gained!" - Les MisÚrables
Old 07-09-2011, 09:04 PM

Quote:
I hate it when people get offended, saying that they only write for themselves and that no one else matters. Really, they do matter. We care about the readers' opinions. I know there are people who disagree with me on that but...
I agree, really. I mean, my main goal is to please myself somewhat. Even so...I can't help but want to please my readers. I feel like it's my job as the author to take them on a journey that they will willingly go on, you know?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:16 PM

Is it just me, or do you all feel a sort of connection to your characters? I always feel a little hurt when I have to put my characters through a tough situation. And even when the villains die...I almost regret their deaths.

What is it that connects an author to its characters? I feel that it's because we were the ones that created them. We weaved their personalities. We gave them their looks, their feelings, their words.

How do you two feel about this?
Old 07-09-2011, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
Is it just me, or do you all feel a sort of connection to your characters? I always feel a little hurt when I have to put my characters through a tough situation. And even when the villains die...I almost regret their deaths.

What is it that connects an author to its characters? I feel that it's because we were the ones that created them. We weaved their personalities. We gave them their looks, their feelings, their words.

How do you two feel about this?
*pause interview* *whispers* We'll get to characters later :3 Tell you then
Old 07-09-2011, 09:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAshWolf View Post
I agree, really. I mean, my main goal is to please myself somewhat. Even so...I can't help but want to please my readers. I feel like it's my job as the author to take them on a journey that they will willingly go on, you know?
Yes! That's our job! There are always people who love the book and people who hate it, but we can't please everyone. It's hard for me when someone doesn't enjoy it, even if there are so many more who did like it. I just feel like I've failed at my mission.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:33 PM

Quote:
*pause interview* *whispers* We'll get to characters later :3 Tell you then
*pause*
Oh, sorry. :3 Thanks for telling me.
Old 07-09-2011, 09:37 PM

Quote:
Yes! That's our job! There are always people who love the book and people who hate it, but we can't please everyone. It's hard for me when someone doesn't enjoy it, even if there are so many more who did like it. I just feel like I've failed at my mission.

Exactly! And if someone doesn't like our work, I think that it can be turned into a learning experience. Why doesn't this person like the story? Not descriptive enough? Too short? Are the events a little too predictable?

Now, there is one fact we must all face: It is impossible to please everyone. Maybe someone just doesn't enjoy the same genre as you. You have the right to like the genre you like, and so do they. That's what makes us individuals--our likes and dislikes.