Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Randomize
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-18-2014, 04:08 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzieS View Post
So what are your thoughts on Clara leaving, guys? Because it's already been confirmed that she's the companion in the Christmas special.

What I'm hoping is that the Christmas special will be her actual departure, and Santa Claus will make the Doctor and Clara finally be honest with each other so they can have a proper ending.

And have you heard the theories that Clara is pregnant?
It's kind of saddening. When she first became a companion I was kinda meh about it because I didn't really like her at first after watching Rose and Amy and Rory and all of them but throughout this season I like her character a lot more. I hope she doesn't leave but she's got to eventually :/ BUT NOT WITHOUT RESOLVING THINGS WITH THE DOCTOR.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 11-19-2014, 05:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvhamsters View Post
It's kind of saddening. When she first became a companion I was kinda meh about it because I didn't really like her at first after watching Rose and Amy and Rory and all of them but throughout this season I like her character a lot more. I hope she doesn't leave but she's got to eventually :/ BUT NOT WITHOUT RESOLVING THINGS WITH THE DOCTOR.
I mean, I love Clara - but then honestly I love all the companions - but I just want her to leave because they've been pushing for it so hard this season. It's inevitable and I just want her to leave in the best possible way.
Old 11-19-2014, 06:20 PM

Location: honestly I can't even think of a witty answer anymore this is tragic

People always complain about the Doctor becoming meaner, but I think - and this is me being honest - the Doctor is only going to get darker as time goes on. He tries, but he's gradually losing his way, and I think this should be a plot point or something because it's actually quite serious given that at some point the Doctor will become the Valeyard, an evil incarnation (I say evil, I don't know much about the fellow, given that it was a Sixth Doctor arc and he is supposedly the penultimate regeneration - or at some point between Sixth and final). Now I'd conclude the 'find Gallifrey' arc, before moving on to 'where the hell is Susan?', wrap up a few other loose ends (such as 'why wasn't the kid who played the young Doctor in 'Listen' credited? Could we use him again as a surprise, since we don't know what he looks like?' or 'why does Jenny Flint have the same first name as the Doctor's daughter? Could the first Jenny reJENerate *groans* after all?) while foreshadowing what the Doctor will become, and making it clear that, while he doesn't want it, it is inevitable.

There could then be the interesting possibility of the Doctor as an anti-hero, or perhaps a full-blown villain (could work, could be disastrous). It needs to have a good reason for happening, and the arc would end with his redemption. This would either lead into his final incarnation and death on Trenzalore, concluding the series, or send him off into a depression from which he would have to be removed from. The latter option would result in the series continuing as normal, but yes, I would prefer for the Doctor to have only a few more adventures before the end.

I then have a number of spin-off ideas, including but not limited to prequels, a 'what happens now?' series, based around the idea of a cold war with Earth and space, and sideline shows (i.e., Vastra, Jenny and Strax in London, Rose and metacrisis Doctor in their parallel universe (possibility of offspring) and, you know, general stuff).

I mean, it's not like I WANT to end the show, and I'd like it to continue for a good few more series, but when it does inevitably finish, this is how I'd like it to happen.
Old 11-20-2014, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebecca View Post
People always complain about the Doctor becoming meaner, but I think - and this is me being honest - the Doctor is only going to get darker as time goes on. He tries, but he's gradually losing his way, and I think this should be a plot point or something because it's actually quite serious given that at some point the Doctor will become the Valeyard, an evil incarnation (I say evil, I don't know much about the fellow, given that it was a Sixth Doctor arc and he is supposedly the penultimate regeneration - or at some point between Sixth and final). Now I'd conclude the 'find Gallifrey' arc, before moving on to 'where the hell is Susan?', wrap up a few other loose ends (such as 'why wasn't the kid who played the young Doctor in 'Listen' credited? Could we use him again as a surprise, since we don't know what he looks like?' or 'why does Jenny Flint have the same first name as the Doctor's daughter? Could the first Jenny reJENerate *groans* after all?) while foreshadowing what the Doctor will become, and making it clear that, while he doesn't want it, it is inevitable.

There could then be the interesting possibility of the Doctor as an anti-hero, or perhaps a full-blown villain (could work, could be disastrous). It needs to have a good reason for happening, and the arc would end with his redemption. This would either lead into his final incarnation and death on Trenzalore, concluding the series, or send him off into a depression from which he would have to be removed from. The latter option would result in the series continuing as normal, but yes, I would prefer for the Doctor to have only a few more adventures before the end.

I then have a number of spin-off ideas, including but not limited to prequels, a 'what happens now?' series, based around the idea of a cold war with Earth and space, and sideline shows (i.e., Vastra, Jenny and Strax in London, Rose and metacrisis Doctor in their parallel universe (possibility of offspring) and, you know, general stuff).

I mean, it's not like I WANT to end the show, and I'd like it to continue for a good few more series, but when it does inevitably finish, this is how I'd like it to happen.
...right, i'm staying off this thread.
Old 11-20-2014, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
...right, i'm staying off this thread.
The pun wasn't that bad, was it?
Old 11-20-2014, 05:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Am I the only one who actually enjoyed this season o.o
I dunno it just seems like so many people hate it :/

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 11-20-2014, 08:12 PM

Quote:
It was okay, I guess. Definitely not the best series.
Old 11-20-2014, 09:00 PM

I just realised that a teacher in my school looks a lot like Missy.
Old 11-21-2014, 01:37 PM

Quote:
I really liked it, actually.
As a new Doctor's first series goes, it was fairly good. Capaldi's definitely doing well.
Old 11-22-2014, 09:25 AM

Quote:
I thought on average, it was good. I just didn't like the writing sometimes.

Tags
28.6.42.12, allons-y!, bbc, bow ties are cool :d, bowtiesssss :3, chameleon circuit, dalek, doctor who, fantastic!, fezes are cool!, fezzes :d, fishcustard, geronimo!, istoleatimelordandranaway, jellybaby?, madman.with.a.box, power-of-squee, tardis, the doctor, the raggedy man, theonlyonemadenough, time travel, tv shows, who da man?, wibblywobblytimeywimey