Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > KidPub News
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2013, 06:59 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to lvhamsters

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
The last time I talked to my parents about them beating me for every little thing, they said I deserved it and yelled at me. Tell me again how I should talk to my parents, Alexa.
It depends on the situation.

When we were young we used to say

That you only hear the music when your hearts begin to break

Now we are the kids from yesterday
Old 04-02-2013, 07:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexa10 View Post
Don't tell me we're going to start again. What I thought AA said was not true, and just because I'm "young" doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated. I am entitled to my opinion, and all you people who quoted it have no right to rant over it. Plus, how old are you? Like in sixth or seventh grade? You're about my age. You're kinda saying it like I'm three. Yes, I may not be Einstein, but I'm DEFINITELY not dumb or not sophisticated or immature. I don't want to start again, when for days I wasn't doing well in school because of the fight on kidpub.

What I'm trying to say is that some situations are not meant to be shared online. How about you try to talk to your parents? And not just assume they won't get it. So, let's all be nice and stay calm, K? (:
No one said that you age was related to your level of sophistication. It was simply a comment on how younger age normally correlates with a lesser understanding of these kind of things. Physical age doesn't determine thought processes. We're not stopping you from voicing your opinion. We're just voicing ours.
Also, we have 'no right' to express our views on the topics mentioned in your post, but you are just 'entitled' to say what you think?
Then back again
At the bitter end
Salt and liquid blend
From the corner of my eyes
So let your heart hold fast
For this soon shall pass
There's another hill ahead.

Last edited by cheezemziez; 04-02-2013 at 07:25 PM.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:27 PM

I'm sorry if these kind of discussions are upsetting you to the point of affecting your academics. It's not my intention. I'm just trying to convey my opinion.
Then back again
At the bitter end
Salt and liquid blend
From the corner of my eyes
So let your heart hold fast
For this soon shall pass
There's another hill ahead.
Old 04-02-2013, 07:42 PM

Quote:
Really? You know I'm not retarded AlgebraAddict. It's just what you assume. And yes, I do understand a lot of things, and I black out junk that has no point to me. I'm more mature and sophisticated than what you see in the little screen.

Perhaps you are, but I have no way of knowing that you're not completely oblivious to both grammar and life. You still haven't answered my question: what if you can't go to parents or friends?

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n
that if you talk enough sense, then you'll lose your mind

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 04-02-2013, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Don't tell me were going to start again. What I thought AA said was not true, and just because I'm "young" doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated. I am titled to my opinion, and all you people who quoted it has no right to rant over it. Plus, how old are you? Like in sixth or seventh grade? Your about my age. Your kinda saying it like I'm three. Yes, I might not be Einstein, but I'm DEFINITELY not dumb or not sophisticated or immature. I don't want to start again, when for days I wasn't doing well in school because of the fight on kidpub.

What I'm trying to say is that some situations are not meant to be shared online. How about you try to talk to your parents? And not just assume they won't get it. So, let's all be nice and stay calm, K? (:
I know a very intelligent, sophisticated fifth grader. Age has nothing to do with it. I also believe that you are most likely a very mature, intelligent person, but the Internet makes it easier for people to type things they never would say in real life. About a month ago, I seriously screwed up with some posts I wrote at another site I hung out at, and I felt absolutely horrible. It made me sick to my stomach that I came across like a little, troll-y first grader. Normally, in real life I'm a very kind hearted person. I volunteer with Best Buddies, homeless shelters, and camps for kids. I am a youth leader at my church and respected throughout my school as a 'nice girl'. In fact, one of my friends' mothers told me that she was so glad that her daughter had a friend that was a great influence.
But on the web, I typed some stupid, flaming stuff that was incredibly cruel and would accomplish nothing, looking back on it- something I'd never say to someone's face. I deleted the post and apologized for my actions, and the people who I offended accepted it and understood, but I am still absolutely horrified that I posted it without thinking.
Using the word 'retard' carelessly was just an accident on your part, I imagine. It's very offensive to many, because those with autism are often called retards even though many of them are just as smart as the average Joe. There's this campaign my school participates in, Spread the Word to End the Word, which is dedicated to stop the use of the 'r' word as an insult.
Growing up with the Internet is something that previous generations never had to face. We (You, me, everyone else on here) need to think about whether we'd say this to someone's face and how we would feel if we were in the other person's shoes.
will keep on fighting till the end
i
can walk on water
i
can fly
i
will keep on fighting till
i
die
Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM

Can you guys STOP? This is not a thread for fighting. I specifically pointed out in my first post that I don't want this to turn into a fight. And your fight isn't even about the point I'm trying to make, so please stop. And if you can't stop fighting, at least go somewhere else with it.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:40 PM

:/ Alright.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 04-02-2013, 09:22 PM

Quote:
Don't tell me were going to start again. What I thought AA said was not true, and just because I'm "young" doesn't mean I'm not sophisticated. I am titled to my opinion, and all you people who quoted it has no right to rant over it. Plus, how old are you? Like in sixth or seventh grade? Your about my age. Your kinda saying it like I'm three. Yes, I might not be Einstein, but I'm DEFINITELY not dumb or not sophisticated or immature. I don't want to start again, when for days I wasn't doing well in school because of the fight on kidpub.

Your age doesn't mean you're unsophisticated, but you sure don't seem like it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
:/ Alright.
You seem to be enjoying it a little xD
Old 04-02-2013, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaurenM View Post
Your age doesn't mean you're unsophisticated, but you sure don't seem like it.

You seem to be enjoying it a little xD
I really never learn from my mistakes.

and I'll use you as a
w a r n i n g
s i g n

- I Found, by Amber Run
Old 04-02-2013, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlgebraAddict View Post
I really never learn from my mistakes.
I don't blame you. I was enjoying it as well.

Tags
averygoodpoint, averyhardonetoo, i cant go anywhere else, i dont agree with this, i need something, sorryforruiningthethread, thanksineededthat