Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Writing > Never Ending Stories
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-17-2014, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garrett View Post
Does anyone want to start?
I want this to start, but I don't want to start it.
Old 05-17-2014, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurboulos View Post
I want this to start, but I don't want to start it.
*I will then. And it has to be in third person past tense, except for dreams and/or visions*

Lawrence slammed down the drink, foam pouring from the rim. He looked up so that the only facial feature one could see in the dim tavern light was the smile plastered on his face, and the glow of his hair. Drunkards staggered around the creaky floor, all of them too intoxicated to even realize that he was underage, or that the woman beside him was one of the fae.

A lavender robe covered her folded wings, and a hood hid the blank blue canvas of her eyes. A bartender stalked over to the table Lawrence and the fairy sat muted at. "Another ale?" She sounded bored. Lawrence knew that it was just a cover act, he had heard people call him handsome on every occasion, but he was already taken by someone else, someone sitting on the very bench as himself. The fairy.

"No thank-you, ma'am." As soon as he said it, he regretted it. This woman had to be only a few years older than himself. Once again he sounded like a child, afraid of a young adult.

"I would like another," said the fairy. The woman hesitated. "Now." Then she left, and the fairy grabbed Lawrence's hand. "Let's go." He nodded, and let her drag him out of the bar.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:10 PM

Apple pulled the dark cloak over her head as she walked past the bar. She was visiting the third continent (i think that's right.) She hated it to far. Murderous and drunken fairies flew throughout the entire continent and it sucked.
Apple peeked inside of the bar to see a boy about a year older than her and a drunk fairy. Apple snorted in disgust. Stupid fairies.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smileykid View Post
Apple pulled the dark cloak over her head as she walked past the bar. She was visiting the third continent (i think that's right.) She hated it to far. Murderous and drunken fairies flew throughout the entire continent and it sucked.
Apple peeked inside of the bar to see a boy about a year older than her and a drunk fairy. Apple snorted in disgust. Stupid fairies.
*Lawrence and the fairy are on the first continent (the human one)*
Old 05-17-2014, 02:46 PM

Rakar watched his father as he again demonstrated a magical defense. Rakar could faintly see the golden, shimmering shield covering him. His sister, Karla, picked up a rock and threw it at our father. The stone bounced away harmlessly inches from him. Karla smiled and began to go over the steps to summon a shield. I couldn't see the shield, put sensed its presence. I threw a rock of my own and it to bounced away. Karla had a look of triumph as she dropped the shield. I summoned one of my own and braced for the rock. The rock come sailing at me and passed through my shield gracefully before slamming into the side of my head. I rubbed my temple as Karla burst out laughing. My mother opened the door to our small home and called out to us.

"Dinner!" I bounded up to our house for a warm meal, forgetting about the earlier events completly.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:02 PM

Actually I can't do this NES. Sorry.
Sleeping with roaches and
Taking best guesses
At the shade of the sheets and
Before all the stains
Old 05-17-2014, 09:03 PM

Karla moved towards the house for dinner but something was holding her back. She turned around in the doorway and looked out at the skyline. It had become dark but she thought it looked more beautiful. A little rustling noise had come from the bush and even though curious Karla turned and ran inside.
Old 05-17-2014, 09:33 PM

Quote:
So I decided that I would try to make a High Fantasy NES. And if you don't know, high fantasy is pure fantasy, no technology, horses, wagons, peddlers, copper coins, yeahh. There will be magic in this NES.
Here's the summary:

In the world of Bellum there is war breaking out between two continents out of five. One of the continents consists of only humans, and few fairy drug dealers that are highly illegal.
In the second continent magic is lively and welcome, but humans are only allowed if a vampire is using them as a personal slave to get blood from whenever they want.
In the third, Fairies frolic--and kill--around the lush hills and majestic creatures. No myths are allowed except for fairies and the animals of the fae.
In the fourth, Peace reigns. Humans, fairies, myths, demons, even mages, all come together to form one community.
But in the fifth, darkness settles, and something mysterious and evil forms in its vast landscape.

Now there is a lot of things that I used up there that you might not understand.

The Myth Continent and the Human Continent are the ones at war. The Fairies are trying their best to stay out of the conflict until it settles.

Mages are illegal in all continents. They are said to be too powerful, and too dangerous. There are only two in the world, said to be twins. No one has seen them in a long time, but there are drawings of them as babies.

Myths are any of the creatures other than fairies and humans. Unicorns, goblins, ogres, wizards, witches, griffins, centaurs, etc. Really any magical creature you can think of (minus fairies)

The queen of the fae is named Lady Bellatine. She has scarlet red hair and usually wears long murky green dresses that flow behind her in the floor.

Now the rest is up to us to figure out! Sorry for making this so long, but it was needed.

You can be any creature or thing you want, but there can be only two mages. One a girl, and one a boy, and they are twins.

Here's mine:
Name: Lawrence Rios
Personality: Snarky. If you say something to him he will more than likely fight back. You only get to see his good side if you are close enough to him, and his good side is very sweet.
Description: About 6,1. Blonde shaggy hair that is well trimmed in the back, but long and combed to the side in the front. Startling blue eyes with green flakes, and a large nose. Thin lips stretch across his face and his ears are very small.
History: Born in the human land, but intertwined with the life of a fairy that had been illegally smuggling fairy drugs, and had fallen in love with her.
Family: Mother (human), father (human), and sister (human)
Race (Like Fairy, werewolf, vampire, mermaid, etc.): Human, but with enhanced abilities from the multiple times that his fairy girlfriend had bitten him.
Other: No.

WE HAVE THE TWO MAGES, THANK YOU.
I have to join this.

Name: Blanche Ezemiek
Personality: Quiet, calm, sweet but unhinged and easily provoked. When provoked she is violent and nonsensical. She constantly has nightmares and hallucinates. Blanche also has (undiagnosed) schizophrenia.
Description: Vaguely pretty, but not outstanding in any way. Limp white-blonde hair, usually tied back, pale blue eyes, light brown skin and a small mouth. She is about 5'6 and her weight fluctuates,sometimes she is overweight, sometimes underweight and usually the average weight for her age.
History: Blanche was viciously attacked by a vampire as a small child and as she was already mentally unstable, this traumatic event scarred her deeply.
Family: She lost touch with her parents as she moved out when she was sixteen and she intensely disliked her older brother and has not bothered to contact him.
Race: Mixed race (if possible) half human and half faery on her mother's side.
Other: She has been earning her living by dressing as a boy and working as a scribe in the marketplace
Old 05-18-2014, 12:03 AM

Quote:
So I decided that I would try to make a High Fantasy NES. And if you don't know, high fantasy is pure fantasy, no technology, horses, wagons, peddlers, copper coins, yeahh. There will be magic in this NES.
Here's the summary:

In the world of Bellum there is war breaking out between two continents out of five. One of the continents consists of only humans, and few fairy drug dealers that are highly illegal.
In the second continent magic is lively and welcome, but humans are only allowed if a vampire is using them as a personal slave to get blood from whenever they want.
In the third, Fairies frolic--and kill--around the lush hills and majestic creatures. No myths are allowed except for fairies and the animals of the fae.
In the fourth, Peace reigns. Humans, fairies, myths, demons, even mages, all come together to form one community.
But in the fifth, darkness settles, and something mysterious and evil forms in its vast landscape.

Now there is a lot of things that I used up there that you might not understand.

The Myth Continent and the Human Continent are the ones at war. The Fairies are trying their best to stay out of the conflict until it settles.

Mages are illegal in all continents. They are said to be too powerful, and too dangerous. There are only two in the world, said to be twins. No one has seen them in a long time, but there are drawings of them as babies.

Myths are any of the creatures other than fairies and humans. Unicorns, goblins, ogres, wizards, witches, griffins, centaurs, etc. Really any magical creature you can think of (minus fairies)

The queen of the fae is named Lady Bellatine. She has scarlet red hair and usually wears long murky green dresses that flow behind her in the floor.

Now the rest is up to us to figure out! Sorry for making this so long, but it was needed.

You can be any creature or thing you want, but there can be only two mages. One a girl, and one a boy, and they are twins.

Here's mine:
Personality: Snarky. If you say something to him he will more than likely fight back. You only get to see his good side if you are close enough to him, and his good side is very sweet.
Description: About 6,1. Blonde shaggy hair that is well trimmed in the back, but long and combed to the side in the front. Startling blue eyes with green flakes, and a large nose. Thin lips stretch across his face and his ears are very small.
History: Born in the human land, but intertwined with the life of a fairy that had been illegally smuggling fairy drugs, and had fallen in love with her.
Race (Like Fairy, werewolf, vampire, mermaid, etc.): Human, but with enhanced abilities from the multiple times that his fairy girlfriend had bitten him.

Name: Aquaria Unicin
Personality: Shy, timid, a bit unsure. Like a seal, she prefers to be somewhere peaceful and calm, instead of chatting with anyone. She likes calm things, and loves the ocean waves. She can be a bit insecure at times, but she always tries to jump in whenever she can.
Description: Light blond hair with some turquoise streaks behind her neck, hidden in the inside. Turquoise eyes that match her natural highlights, and fairly tanned yet pale skin. Tall.
History: Her mother and father met by accident. Her father fell from a cruise ship and landed in the ocean. Her mother, who was nearby, heard his cries for help, and despite him being a quite weakened vampire from all the garlic-drenched food, she saved him effortlessly and brought him to land. They had two daughters, both twins, and decided to live by the ocean so that her mother could be free. Her sister inherited the fangs and pale skin of their father, while Aquaria inherited her mother's love for water and her selkie abilities. They live in fourth continent.
Family: Mother (Selkie), Father (Vampire), Sister (Vampire)
Race 60% selkie and 40% vampire.

Nothing would be what it is, because everything would be what it isn't.
And contrary wise, what is, it wouldn't be.
And what it wouldn't be, it would.
You see?"

Last edited by Athenabrain1; 05-18-2014 at 12:08 AM.
Old 05-18-2014, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Here's the summary:

Here's mine:

ere's mine:
Name: Layrine (no one knows her last name)
Personality: mysterious, dark, wise, shy, gets angers easily
Description: long black hair, thin red lips, pale skin, looks like a vampire
History: originally a fairy but was bitten to many times she turned into a vampire. But they didn't suck her fairy powers so she's a sorceress. She doesn't have a permanent home
Family: none. She has Apple as her friend
Race (Like Fairy, werewolf, vampire, mermaid, etc.): sorceress. A magical half vampire, half fairy
Other: can she be from the fifth continent??

#﹤(^_^﹤)
But then I was like...

(>^#^﹤)
"I'm hungry..."

(>^_^)> So I ate it.

Tags
fantasy, nes