Quantcast Vegan club!! - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Outside Life > Free advice
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-03-2017, 08:30 PM

Default Vegan club!!

Idk why I put this under free advice but anyways...

will i ever be more than i've always been

tap, tap, tapping on the glass

Waving through a window
Old 07-03-2017, 08:45 PM

Yesss we need a thread for this. Here, KPers who are vegan or are looking to go vegan can talk about stuff like recipes and advice.

Woohoo!
Old 07-03-2017, 08:53 PM

Ok since there is a thread for this let me just say that veggie burgers (especially the chipotle bean burger kind) are super duper good!

Waving through a window
Old 07-03-2017, 09:16 PM

i used to be a vegan for 9 months but now im not but kinda wanna go back to it
Old 07-03-2017, 09:22 PM

i stopped being vegan because im severely mentally ill and dont have the energy to do a lot of things. being vegan took a lot of meal prep and since i was the only vegan in my house, i had to prep and cook everything for myself. this was utterly exhausting.

i could have settled for vegetarian but it was a slippery slope and found myself eating meat again.

i really did love the way i physically felt tho while i was vegan and knowing that im not living up to my personal moral standards kinda sucks. i really wanna become vegan again but i need help and tips for becoming vegan when its hard for me to even get out of bed. hopefully this thread will serve as encouragement?
Old 07-03-2017, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
i stopped being vegan because im severely mentally ill and dont have the energy to do a lot of things. being vegan took a lot of meal prep and since i was the only vegan in my house, i had to prep and cook everything for myself. this was utterly exhausting.

i could have settled for vegetarian but it was a slippery slope and found myself eating meat again.

i really did love the way i physically felt tho while i was vegan and knowing that im not living up to my personal moral standards kinda sucks. i really wanna become vegan again but i need help and tips for becoming vegan when its hard for me to even get out of bed. hopefully this thread will serve as encouragement?
Being vegan isn't super easy but I mostly like being vegan too. As for meals and prep and stuff, I'm honestly not sure what you could do?? Bc snacks and breakfast is easy enough, but it's lunch and dinner that I've found require more prep/different stuff from the majority of my family. i think there are websites with like vegan recipes and stuff and there's always vegan mac n cheese (which isn't bad) that's in like a package so it's easy to make. I'm not sure how to help you since being vegan is a fairly recent thing for me (I've only been vegan for like a month sooo). If it makes you feel good then I would say it's worth it to maybe do some extra work. I encourage you to go vegan again since you seem like you liked being vegan. I really hope this helped since I'm not very good at advice but I'll be here for moral support and stuff!

Waving through a window
Old 07-03-2017, 09:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrostBittenKitten View Post
Being vegan isn't super easy but I mostly like being vegan too. As for meals and prep and stuff, I'm honestly not sure what you could do?? Bc snacks and breakfast is easy enough, but it's lunch and dinner that I've found require more prep/different stuff from the majority of my family. i think there are websites with like vegan recipes and stuff and there's always vegan mac n cheese (which isn't bad) that's in like a package so it's easy to make. I'm not sure how to help you since being vegan is a fairly recent thing for me (I've only been vegan for like a month sooo). If it makes you feel good then I would say it's worth it to maybe do some extra work. I encourage you to go vegan again since you seem like you liked being vegan. I really hope this helped since I'm not very good at advice but I'll be here for moral support and stuff!
yeah i wanna be vegan again. and not rly relevant to what i originally posted but since u brought it up, homemade mac and cheese is so good especially when u bake it w a cashew crumble on top mmmmm !! ill dig up a recipe if u guys r interested. but that packaged mac and cheese is real gross and not worth the price.

thanks, i guess its just something i gotta figure out for myself. ill be on this thread every once in a while.
Old 07-03-2017, 10:04 PM

Quote:
yeah i wanna be vegan again. and not rly relevant to what i originally posted but since u brought it up, homemade mac and cheese is so good especially when u bake it w a cashew crumble on top mmmmm !! ill dig up a recipe if u guys r interested. but that packaged mac and cheese is real gross and not worth the price.

thanks, i guess its just something i gotta figure out for myself. ill be on this thread every once in a while.
Ok. That mac n cheese actually does sound good and I know the packaged stuff isn't exactly the best lol. Anyway I hope that being vegan works out for you! (sorry if my advice kinda sucks I'm fairly new to being vegan and not good at giving advice but like I said I'll be here for support)

Waving through a window
Old 07-03-2017, 10:55 PM

Quote:

Yeah I definitely believe this thread could serve as encouragement. Being someone who strongly considers this lifestyle, I have no other choice but to move forward now that I know what I know.

Without getting into details that may or may not be wanted, a plant-based diet DOES make you feel better! And I'm glad you could relate to that feeling. I say jump back into it fully. There is a big struggle with sitting in a household that is primarily meat-based (when you are the only vegan present), but a community of friends can pull you through it. Meal preparations take creativity and time but are worth it if you are avoiding the nightmares that is beef, chicken, etc.

Tons of vegans apparently say Pinterest provides crap loads of ideas (And Google + Youtube, obviously). Thanks to the internet for inspiration.

Doesn't hurt to give veganism another shot, hm?
Old 07-04-2017, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperJ View Post
Yeah I definitely believe this thread could serve as encouragement. Being someone who strongly considers this lifestyle, I have no other choice but to move forward now that I know what I know.

Without getting into details that may or may not be wanted, a plant-based diet DOES make you feel better! And I'm glad you could relate to that feeling. I say jump back into it fully. There is a big struggle with sitting in a household that is primarily meat-based (when you are the only vegan present), but a community of friends can pull you through it. Meal preparations take creativity and time but are worth it if you are avoiding the nightmares that is beef, chicken, etc.

Tons of vegans apparently say Pinterest provides crap loads of ideas (And Google + Youtube, obviously). Thanks to the internet for inspiration.

Doesn't hurt to give veganism another shot, hm?
yeah. i dont really need recipes or anything ive got a ton saved and a lot of experience w being vegan. i just need to make meal prep easier and faster so i can just do it and go back to my depression cave lmao.

i think i did read somewhere though that this person would chop fruits and veggies once every couple of weeks and freeze them so whenever they needed to cook somethig they could just grab it and wouldnt have to cut veggies/fruits every single time. or maybe just make a big meal and freeze portions and nuke em when i need them. i know its not gonna be the freshest but i really dont have a lot of energy for stuff.

Tags
luna was here, lunalovesmakingthreads, vegan