Quantcast Suggestion: Teen/YA KidPub - Page 4 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > KidPub Stuff > Questions, Answers, Suggestions
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-19-2017, 01:36 PM

The thing is: one of the best things about kp is the fact that age doesn't matter. This would just take away from that. I'm sure Alem agrees. *looks around* Alem? Hello?
Old 08-19-2017, 11:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
The thing is: one of the best things about kp is the fact that age doesn't matter. This would just take away from that. I'm sure Alem agrees. *looks around* Alem? Hello?
Hi Kayla! Sorry I didn't come onto KP today. I was on vacation. I guess a teen KP would be okay as long as it wouldn't take all the teens away. I don't want to lose them. But if they still interact with us and us with them, I'm okay with it.

Sometimes you need to stop flapping your wings and soar
Old 08-19-2017, 11:49 PM

idk from someone who is 5 months away from being a legal adult but also still technically a kid, it really does feel weird being surrounded by 9-13 year olds. I mean, like I still think that teens should come on KP but it is weird sometimes and it would be cool to have a seperate teen/ya website. just bc there would be a teen/ya website doesn't mean we can't still visit KP. but also at the same time, if us older kids are feeling weird abt being on maybe it's just time for us to grow out of KP, like previous generations have done. most of them just move on to different websites once they feel too old.

Last edited by Lily09; 08-19-2017 at 11:51 PM.
Old 08-25-2017, 05:52 PM

It exists.
Writer hub.
Oh no.
But Alem does have a point.
I do too-check it out on the main site.
Kayla out��
Old 08-25-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lily09 View Post
idk from someone who is 5 months away from being a legal adult but also still technically a kid, it really does feel weird being surrounded by 9-13 year olds. I mean, like I still think that teens should come on KP but it is weird sometimes and it would be cool to have a seperate teen/ya website. just bc there would be a teen/ya website doesn't mean we can't still visit KP. but also at the same time, if us older kids are feeling weird abt being on maybe it's just time for us to grow out of KP, like previous generations have done. most of them just move on to different websites once they feel too old.
I agree with most of this, but I don't like the other writing sites for the most part so I'd like to make something for ourselves you know?
Old 08-26-2017, 10:20 AM

I like this idea because its an opportunity for a small, nice, and friendly teen writing site, and I agree with those who are saying that they have started to feel that this place is no longer for them now that they are older. in my opinion one of the best things about this site is that its so small and nice and safe, and everyone knows everyone and you can have nice conversations etc. I don't want to go from kidpub to wattpad or something of the sort lmao and I'm sure a lot of people share this sentiment. I noticed the tags and no one is saying that younger kids don't have feelings but theres a lot of things I would post on here but I just don't want to expose younger kids to that stuff. no one is saying that teens/older people are better, just that there are some things that you just shouldn't be exposed to before you have to.
also with the new website it would be really nice if we had a way to get it to other people who aren't kp members and let them know
anyway this was a rambling mess but whatever
Old 08-26-2017, 07:00 PM

im gonna post this here also

Okay, younger kids:
How many of you are comfortable reading about mental illness? Self harm? Suicide? Trauma/abuse(emotional, verbal, physical, and sexual abuse including rape)? How many of you are comfortable reading about controversial topics- Racism? Religion(and denial of it)? Homophobia and transphobia? Misogyny? Classism? Ableism? Politics?

Younger kids, these are the topics most of us teens on here write about. Are you okay reading about it? Are your parents okay with you reading about these subjects? Because honestly, although I dislike sheltering kids, I PERSONALLY am uncomfortable introducing ten year olds to topics such as self harm or PTSD or abuse.

not to say that younger kids dont experience or know this stuff, but i dont want to be the one to introduce yall if you dont know.
Old 08-26-2017, 08:06 PM

I'm ok with reading it. Honestly. I'm not gonna post on this thread anymore though because kp is one of the only places where kids can talk without age mattering.
Old 08-26-2017, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Werty View Post
I'm ok with reading it. Honestly. I'm not gonna post on this thread anymore though because kp is one of the only places where kids can talk without age mattering.
Sexual or at least borderline sexual content is possible in a few of my works (these are scenes which are highly HIGHLY unlikely for me to post on KP anyway), there is no way I will shy away from profanity, high potential for graphic violence, lots of trauma, self harm, self-destructive behavior, dysfunctional characters and relationships-- everyone is queer and probably mentally ill (at the very least, there's no way most of them don't have depression) and there's lots of Drama in my stories.

It's not so much whether you're comfortable with reading them or not, but like-- imagine a nine or ten year old kid asking for an account on KidPub and their parent checking out the site and finding that kind of content.
Old 08-28-2017, 09:42 AM

I see your point.
It exists so I'm gonna drop this for now; but whoever put the babies tag, please take it away. Its just rude. You dont have to say something here if you dont want to though.

Tags
i hope it happens yo, it exists, lizzie email perry, no more mean comments, shouldwemakeapetition, teen kidpub, teens, tell ur friends, yay