Quantcast Questions for my Interviewing - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home

Go Back   The Writer's Block > Books and Such > Book Cover Businesses
 FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2011, 10:26 AM

Default Questions for my Interviewing

If you have not requested an interview yet please go here: http://www.kidpub.com/story/would-an...-you-924111877
If you have not requested an interview no peeking at the Q and A sorrry. I'm doing the interviews for the KP times and it would be best if nobody saw the answers (except the people who answered them XD oh and me too!)
Old 09-06-2011, 05:05 PM

Default Pokey's questions :)

Here are Pokey's questions for her interview please answer them as soon as possible thanks for letting me interview you

Interview Questions for Pokey

1. Hi! How are you today?
2. So *first off when did you start writing?
3. What was your first story about?
4. When did you join kid pub?
5. How did you find out about kid pub?
6. Your story Winter Blooming how would you summarize it to your readers?
7. You have high hopes for your book. If you could get it published by any publisher who would you publish with?
8. If you had to pick who would your favorite character from Winter Blooming be?
9. How long do you plan on making Winter Blooming (in pages or chapters)?
10. Do you have all of Winter Blooming mapped out in your head yet?
11. A major publishing company CEO e-mails you: They read Winter Blooming draft. *They think it's 'great' except for one thing they want to change something in the plot. What do you do? accept the offer? or turn it down and publish YOUR story with someone else?
12. How did you come up with the idea for Winter Blooming?
13. How long did it take you to come up with the characters for Winter Blooming?
14. I noticed that most of your poems were on a sad note. Did these poems come from real life inspiration or just off the top of your head?
15. How would you describe writing in three words?
16. What do you like to do besides writing?
17. What do you want to be when you grow up (besides an author)?
18. What is your idea for fixing the 'commenting problem' if you believe there is one?
19. What are your favorite book(s)?
20. What is your favorite genre to read/write?
21. Once again thank you for letting me interview you and have a great day! Why do you like kidpub?
Old 09-08-2011, 05:01 PM

1. Hi! How are you today? Kind of tired from school but otherwise great!
2. So *first off when did you start writing? Longer ago than I can remember! My first finished story was second grade (?), though.
3. What was your first story about? An exclusive club of girls. Hey, I was seven!
4. When did you join kid pub? June of 2010. Happy to be almost a year and quarter! xD
5. How did you find out about kid pub? Google search!!!
6. Your story Winter Blooming how would you summarize it to your readers? Sanni and Sam have been slaves to their Master for a long time. Sanni, now thirteen, was given up by her poor (as in, not wealthy) mother at the age of two, and poor (as in, sad, unhappy, "you-poor-little-thing") Sam,now four, was given up at one.

Their Master is a rude, crude man who works Sanni and Sam the hardest, for they are the most obdient of his many slaves (other slaves include: Bumble, Slip, Skeedo, and Puff).

Sanni and Sam weave through the obstacles; finding money, screaming schoolteachers, Sam finally finding out that being a slave was not good, and those weird songs their Master plays in the evening; and run away, taking only the few things that they own.

Eventually, they come upon the old Krinfum Castle, where the old witchcrafting Spellkeeper is told to live. Upon being invited in, Sanni and Sam learn that they're not normal, and that they were given up to become slaves for a reason...
7. You have high hopes for your book. If you could get it published by any publisher who would you publish with? Scholastic probably. Or Little, Brown.
8. If you had to pick who would your favorite character from Winter Blooming be? Kile. XD He hasn't been introduced yet but he's AWESOME!
9. How long do you plan on making Winter Blooming (in pages or chapters)? hopefully around 250...maybe longer...
10. Do you have all of Winter Blooming mapped out in your head yet? Indeed.
11. A major publishing company CEO e-mails you: They read Winter Blooming draft. *They think it's 'great' except for one thing they want to change something in the plot. What do you do? accept the offer? or turn it down and publish YOUR story with someone else? NO! NOOO WAY! I'll chose Scholastic. CEO now officially sucks.
12. How did you come up with the idea for Winter Blooming? About a day.
13. How long did it take you to come up with the characters for Winter Blooming? They arrived with the idea, just one happy package of ideas!
14. I noticed that most of your poems were on a sad note. Did these poems come from real life inspiration or just off the top of your head? Mainly top pf my head, although some I write on bad days.
15. How would you describe writing in three words? Life-saving, magical, deep.
16. What do you like to do besides writing? reading, swimming, flying trapeze, running in the rain...
17. What do you want to be when you grow up (besides an author)? Circus performer!
18. What is your idea for fixing the 'commenting problem' if you believe there is one? Being kind and reading new things, not just the one thing that most appeals to you.
19. What are your favorite book(s)? HARRY POTTER!
20. What is your favorite genre to read/write? Fantasy or adventure.
21. Once again thank you for letting me interview you and have a great day! Why do you like kidpub? Because of its wonderful authors of course!

Tags
interview, interview business, interviews, kp times