Quantcast Gay Marriage? - Page 153 - The Writer's Block
Refresh the page...
forums KidPub Home
Old 10-25-2012, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack View Post
Could you name the verse about slavery that you speak of??

Actually the Bible does clearly say divorce is allowable in two instances, #1. sexual immorality (Matthew 5:32; 19:9) and #2. abandonment by an unbeliever (1 Corinthians 7:15).
My dad got divorced because his previous wife just wanted money and had no love towards him and then treated him like a dog. All while he was away serving his country.
Old 10-25-2012, 02:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
My dad got divorced because his previous wife just wanted money and had no love towards him and then treated him like a dog. All while he was away serving his country.
Do you really think you should be saying something that personal on the Internet?
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 10-25-2012, 06:12 PM

Quote:
Not the point. She said that the bible says "Never, ever" to get a divorce, I was just showing her that that's not true...
Actually, it was kind of the point. :P
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 10-25-2012, 06:34 PM

An English man named Turing came up with some of the main algorithms for the basic computer system. He was gay, and when someone figured it out, he was severely punished for gross indecency--homosexuality was illegal in England at the time. His depression progressed to the point of suicide.

He used a poison apple. His favorite fairy-tale was Snow White.
"Writing is a form of therapy; sometimes I wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation."
Old 10-25-2012, 07:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiresomehoopla View Post
I'm sorry to hear that...... I think that would fall into the category of #2....

Lacey: Karen, I'm glad you're here. Look, we need to talk about the book club.
Karen Pelly: I thought the first rule of book club was, you don't talk about book club.
Lacey: That's fight club.
Karen Pelly: How do you know about fight club?
Old 10-25-2012, 07:36 PM

Quote:
I'm sorry to hear that...... I think that would fall into the category of #2....
No, it wouldn't. That man was not necessarily an 'unbeliever,' for all you know he could've been super-religious. Religious people do bad things, too, you know. We're all sinners.
from the ashes
you pick up the p i e c e s
and the ghosts in the attic;
they never quite leave
Old 10-26-2012, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryElizabeth View Post
Do you really think you should be saying something that personal on the Internet?
I'm just saying that it doesn't fall into either category, yet I think we can all agree divorce was called for.

Of course Jack corrected me :P
Old 10-26-2012, 11:29 AM

Here's what the bible has to say about slavery: http://www.godandscience.org/apologe...ery_bible.html
Old 10-30-2012, 11:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmmaR View Post
Ugh you guys. I'm not going to even try to change your views. Basically, if God doesn't believe in homosexuality, there wouldn't be any homosexuals!
Let's say that I'm a lesbian. Would that change your view of me as a person or a writer?
Not that I don't agree with same-sex marriage, but God does not believe in adultery, but it still happens. I'm just saying.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWriter View Post
Personally, these are my beliefs: I do not support gay marriage. This isn't something with an obvious answer because it depends on religious beliefs. So I don't expect you to understand fully or to change your mind. But I feel that my thoughts should be considered. Please try to keep an open mind. I won't budge on my beliefs and most of you won't on yours. But I can give reason for my opinion.

As a Christian, I believe God created women so man would not be alone. Women and men. Husband and wife. Adam and Eve. Some Christians don't think this is enough evidence. I think it is, because if God was fine with gay marriage, he would have put a man with Adam instead. But the real reason I think as I do is because I don't think that it is our right to judge homosexuals and bisexuals. Jesus is the only one who can judge. We must not force them to change because God loves everyone equally, so he loves gays just as much as straights. While I don't AGREE, I don't think God hates gays, and I don't hate gays. I love them because God loves them.

That is all.
If God had put a man with Adam, this thread today would be arguing if different-sex marriage was allowed. It doesn't change.

Tags
*bi high five*, being gay is fine, calm down y'all, dear lord, delete next tag->, don't delete me!, dont fight, elephant dung!, gay is ok, gay is okay, gay marriage ftw, go washington!, hat the sin not the siner, hating gay marrige, if only you knew me, im gay, im gay and kp scares me, it's a paradox! o_o, it's okay to be gay, not you the gay sex one, nyan cat, pumpkin pie is evil!! :'(, what sin?, why is my tag gone??, y u so mean 2 gays